Posted Image

#2 sithisson

sithisson

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

Now this one's interesting. Does he copy Popeye's strength on top of the strength Amazo already has? How will the stacked strength compare to the Sailor Man's?

#3 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

Popeye has raw strength, like Amazo I guess, but the thing with Popeye is he pulls off Cartoon based feats with it.  Can Amazo copy cartoon based feats?  That is what I would be curious about.

#4 sithisson

sithisson

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

Popeye has raw strength, like Amazo I guess, but the thing with Popeye is he pulls off Cartoon based feats with it.  Can Amazo copy cartoon based feats?  That is what I would be curious about.

That would suppose on what Amazo is being used. I'm thinking it might be the DCU animated itself considering the last battle he was in suggested stuff that one did. if that's the case can a cartoon adaption of a comic character copy an actual toon  who's an adaptation of a comic strip? That's a very good query indeed.

#5 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

I think Popey has met his match. It takes more than brute strength to defeat Amazo.

#6 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

Popeye as a cartoon can take a lot of punishment but nothing that will keep Amazo from destroying him.

#7 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

You guys are underestimating what Popeye is capable of. Popeye doesn't just punch people. He punches dinosaurs into fossils, whales into oil and can even beat the outline (yes, I mean those lines that are used to give cartoons their shape) out of characters. He could just as easily turn Amazo into scrap heap in one punch. Does it make sense? Not at all, but that's toon force for you. Of course, this will require spinach for it to work, so if Amazo is smart, he could vaporize it before Popeye has a chance for it.

Also, I don't think Amazo can copy those abilities since it's due to outside resources, like trying to copy steroids you inject.

#8 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

Also, I don't think Amazo can copy those abilities since it's due to outside resources, like trying to copy steroids you inject.

Actually, Jl/U's Amazo has copied Hawkgirl's mace, John Stewart's power ring, and Wonder Woman's lasso. He could likely Popeye's toon force and spinach, too. All he has to do is scan his target first.

Here's my take on how this fight would go down: 

Amazo and Popeye start slugging it out. Surprised at the Sailor's power and resilience, Amazo atomizes him and sends his molecules to the Phantom Zone. 

Suddenly, each individual molecule transforms into molecule-sized Popeyes. Each one of the sub-microscopic Sailor Men then pulls out cans of spinach and swallows their contents (because Popeye always get his spinach, heh :D). They suddenly all merge and reform back into the original Popeye in all his flexing glory. Popeye punches a hole into thin air and opens up a small portal back to his reality. He easily pulls the portal open wider with his hands, then walks through it to face Amazo once again.

He then really starts laying it on the android with his spinach-enhanced abilities. It is then that Amazo backs away and finally scans the Sailor. Amazo's chin widens, his biceps shrink, and his forearms grow. He then produces his own can of spinach and gulps down the green leafy vegetable. 

"Blow me down!" remarks an astonished Popeye. 

The multiverse asplodes. :P

#9 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

Amazo with toon force...

The Omniverse will be screwed. :o

#10 UMPIRE

UMPIRE