8 replies to this topic

#1 Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:31 PM

Tara Duncan probably had the worst day ever. An F on her English test was bad enough, She also experienced a car running through a puddle so it all splashed on her, she spilled her food tray on a random bystander after slipping on an orange and a random basketball hit her in the face when she tried to score a basket and bounced off the edge and went straight to her before she could even dodge it.

"Typical ending for a bad day." Tara muttered. "No point in trying to stop jinxing myself if I were to say that things couldn't get any worse."

She walked passed by an electronics store on her way to meet up with Cal and Sparrow at the pet shop when she noticed a rather peculiar commercial when she bolted back to press her hands on the window as she went in for a closer look.

The commercial promoted tryouts for DTV's second season of Housemates, the hit reality show where ten strangers are in a random manor to see if they could survive each other for an entire month. Tara, Sparrow and Cal loved this show. They loved seeing these rather eccentric to downright insane people trying to cope with each other and failing at it. But she wanted to see if she could get in.

Perhaps I should surprise Cal and Sparrow about this, she thought. It wouldn't hurt to take a look at the auditions though she figured her grandmother Isabella wouldn't allow this but it's not like she could nail the audition anyway and it shouldn't take too long, she had enough time to spare. At least she hoped.

Tara had made it to the auditions at an auditorium but noticed a huge line than the one time she noticed the one for the screening of Fast & Furious 6.

Inside, a few producers; a white male in his forties, a Caucasian female who looked thirty five and a black male also in his forties, looked at the live auditions. A wannabe rapper named Junior was making a fool out of himself, they looked unimpressed.

"We'll call you." said the woman.

"Shut those fools off." Commanded a deep and almost whisper-like voice.

Underground was a malevolent being who looked like a corpse, someone who should be dead but was very much indeed alive despite his haggard appearance with a black suit, a third "eye" on his forehead and a mechanical hand to boot. He remained in some sort of, what humans would perceive as a futuristic wheelchair. It had silver, metallic bumps along with a control panel.

"How many more are there?" He asked a peculiar looking being with what people would perceive as a giant salt shaker with one eye, a plunger-like weapon and some sort of gun being the most notable in appearance.

"Fifty." It answered.

"These fools will be worth my army." The haggard man said.

"Scanners have detected a being of power in the ninety-percentile." Another one spoke.

"Impossible." Could there be one? Not even The Doctor has that power level. "Who is it?"

The perspective of the camera switched to the outside, he saw a seventeen year old young girl with blonde hair with a platinum lock across a strand of it, as well as a purple tank-top with a white shirt underneath, blue pants with a black belt and black and white sneakers.

"She must be mine." He said to his creations. "See to it that becomes part of my army."

"We obey." They left immediately.

Davros had managed to escape his own trial on Skaro, barely. Despite his own Daleks had been destroyed on the planet Necros, he had a spare set on a distant planet, they had gotten word of the Renegade Daleks and their capture of their creator Davros, after a brutal battle, they managed to rescue him. Their ship didn't went too far when they went through a portal of some sort. They traveled far into the past and their ship was low on power due to a destroyed engine that was done by the renegades. They were forced to land somewhere inconspicuous. From there, Davros had created synthetic androids that obeyed his command and he wanted more Daleks. He noticed the public was more consumed and enthralled by reality television. He thought he could use this to his advantage, these humans were slow and full of gullibility; the young ones especially, they wish to be famous. He even admired this Simon Cowell's honest criticism.

He set out to create an identity to cover his tracks, he'd continue his operations under a new established building; he created DTV and the persona, Terry Wisher, the supposed creator and network executive. It worked so well as he had sponsors and a hired marketing team that made him a hit. Hiring Madney Speers was a further brilliant move on his part as it made his network a dominating hit in the world of television, even if he hated her singing, finding her songs too insipid. But it did wonders for her career overall.

"Excuse me, miss." Tara heard a voice from behind. She saw a big and kind of muscular security guard who kind of looked like John Cena.

"Come with me." She reluctantly followed him. Something didn't seem right, she'd have to call her friends for this.

"Can I-"

"No." The security guard cut her off. "You have to come immediately."

She entered the auditorium and met with the three producers.

"Well?" Terry Wisher asked.

"I-" Tara nervously spoke but was caught off by the man.

"You're hired!" He cried out in excitement.

Tara was baffled, she didn't even do anything and she was hired just like that? Okay, now she knew something was seriously wrong. Terry had praised her as he told that they were looking for someone like her. Tara tried to explain that she did not come to audition but nevertheless, he pushed her into a random room and found herself in an odd location. A metallic hallway of some sort. The spellbinder walked down the hall after she called her friends for help but she did not count on Davros's cameras watching her every move.

Almost immediately she encountered a Dalek who ordered her to come with him. In response, she casted a Paralysis spell that had the Dalek stand in place. Another Dalek had come in and fired at her but he missed when she ducked and managed to hit the paralyzed Dalek in response.

"What the devil?" Davros cried out in surprise. His Daleks were somehow overcome by some sort of magic? The renegade Daleks didn't have this problem, he thought as he recalled that one time the Daleks had managed to exterminate an army of wizards. He wanted answers out of this girl.

After a moment of running, a door opened from behind Tara. That's when she saw what looked like a haggard, crippled man.

"What the heck are you?" Tara asked in surprise whilst with a demanding tone in her voice.

"I could ask the same about you, young lady." Davros responded calmly with interest. "I see you use magic, you would be valuable to my Daleks."

"Daleks?" Tara was confused. She didn't know what was more weirder, this or DTV's true operations. "What do you need me for?"

"I've been creating human Daleks as my creations have proven to be untrustworthy." Davros replied with venom. "Your magic will be most worthy to my cause. Utter extermination of this pathetic race and this reality television has proven that!"

"I take offense to that statement!" Tara shouted in anger.

Davros laughed, she was proud of her own ignorance as were all humans.

"You will learn that your life among this planet is nothing short of wasteful. It must be destroyed."

"Do the words 'go to-"

"I will tolerate defiance!" Davros angrily spat. "I will see to it that you will be exterminated!"

"Bring it on, old man!" Tara smirked.

---------

I'm back and this one's a doozy. This battle is both a physical one and a battle of wits as to whether these two can outwit and outsmart one another. For Davros, he has abilities he utilized from Revelation of the Daleks when he shocked one of the characters of that story with his hand and third eye and Tara has her spells and agility. The spells part is seen here.

http://taraduncan.wi...com/wiki/Spells

A few examples of Tara in action is in these episodes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU3SjAZHhus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qy6ov2LZ04

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_i648C7gMI

And for added measure, Tara gets her friends Cal and Sparrow coming to her aid along with the renegade Daleks as a bonus and Davros of course has the imperial Daleks at his disposal.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:31 PM

Learn More About
Tara Duncan
Read more about Tara Duncan at Wikipedia
Official Site: Kabillion Links: Wikipedia Wikia Official Site

Davros
Read more about Davros at Wikipedia
Official Site: BBC Links: Wikipedia Doctor Who Wiki Official Site

#3 Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

Okay, maybe I shouldn't have included that scene with Tara and the Daleks if magic wouldn't affect them.

#4 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

Gah, I don't know any of these characters! :blink:  I had to do a good deal of research on this one. Nonetheless, good set-up, Movie-Brat. 

As for the match, even after researching, I'm still not sure who'd win here. Davros is a super-genius, and he and his Daleks seems plenty resourceful, but Tara's magic also seems pretty tough. 

#5 Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

Gah, I don't know any of these characters! :blink:  I had to do a good deal of research on this one. Nonetheless, good set-up, Movie-Brat. 

As for the match, even after researching, I'm still not sure who'd win here. Davros is a super-genius, and he and his Daleks seems plenty resourceful, but Tara's magic also seems pretty tough. 

Thanks. Would say Tara's magic could have some effect on the Daleks like in my setup?

#6 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

As I'm not nearly familiar enough with the Daleks to know if they have or can develop magic resistance, I can't really say. But since Tara's spells do seem to be affecting them here, maybe she can at least hold them off until help arrives.

#7 Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

Okay, what about in terms of wit?

#8 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

I honestly couldn't say. I feel I would have to watch a few episodes of both characters in action.

#9 Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

Me to the rescue again, I have the following clips of Davros.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYWD45FN5zA

#10 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:15 AM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
JohnnyChany gives it a grade of: A
Venom 2009 gives it a grade of: A