3 replies to this topic

#1 HeyTim85

HeyTim85

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

A females cry was heard over the sounds of the swamp. Ivy laid beneath a very large foot of muck encompassing her. Ivy began to dissolve while Superman who heard the cry rushed to aid her. 

Suddenly in mid-flight Superman's mind once again was under his control. Momentarily stunned and not knowing where he was Superman races towards the skies, leaving him with the feeling as if he had forgotten something very important behind.

Hulk bounded after Superman in a fit of rage, but was soon left far behind. Without anyone to fight, the Hulk begins to wander on his usual course of confusion. 

Silence remained for a while as the remainder of once was Poison Ivy became a steaming pile of vegetating decay. The weary Man-Thing knowing that his fight was finished began to repair himself, gorging in his surroundings.

Suddenly the Man-Thing passes out on the ground. Hours went by and the Man-Thing slowly arises, almost drunkenly, to his feet. A noise that sounds like a scream escapes his lips. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What is this? What have I become?" An astonished Ivy looks through a world in completely different eyes. Ivy turns and sees her reflection in a puddle and immediately jumps back, splintering a tree behind her. 

"The power!!! The shear power." laughed Ivy. "I've never felt anything like this before. To think, I was scared of this. The world shall tremble at the sight of me!!!"

Ivy began slowly moving around, trying to adapt to her new body. This body was so powerful, invulnerable to anything around her. The steady flow of energy was like an aphrodisiac. Ivy saw her bag spilled on the swampy ground. She bent over to pick it up, but her powerful grip broke the vial. She realized that this was a perfect time to learn to control her powers. Concentrating she reached once again, and smashed another between her fingers. Time and time again she tried and failed. 

Pure concentration willing the ability to control this new body caused an amazing thing to happen. It seemed as if her arm felt lighter, and lighter. She closed her eyes and focused all of her energy on picking up the vial. Suddenly she could feel the vial in her hand, laying peacefully in her hand. She open her eyes and was once again shocked!!

Ivy saw what appeared to be a human hand. It was definitely a mans hand, but a hand never the less. Ivy watched as moss and plants dropped from her body. Ivy couldn't help but marvel for a second as she stepped out in the body of Ted Sallis. 

As Ivy began to pick up her vials she noticed a shiny object laying on the ground behind her. She picked it up and almost felt like it belonged to her. 

Deciding to try to practice with her new body Ivy once again changed back into the Man-Thing. She noticed that her own powers were somehow connected with this beasts. She continued through the forest, moving branches and plants out of her way with a mere thought. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Always a thankless job." Spiderman states, as he hurls through the air. "Sorry about this doc."

Spiderman leaps forward and nails the Lizard with his token double fisted punch. 

"Soft mammel!! The Lizard hisses. "You will never defeat the likes of meeee."

"Hmph, soft is such a mean word." Spiderman says. "You really know how to emasculate a guy. Will you just eat this special snickers? You know your just not yourself when your hungry."

Spiderman barely avoided a punch when the Lizards tail whirled around and hit him knocking the wind out of him. Just when Spiderman thought he was going to have to take another punch the Lizards body goes flying through the air. 

Spiderman looks up and sees the Man-Thing standing where the Lizard once was. 

"Nice of you to show up beautiful." Spiderman says. "I was just saying how much this swamp needed a......

Man-Thing swings, barely missing Spiderman who dodges quickly away. 

Ivy grins inside the Man-Thing. 

"No better ways to test my new powers." Ivy thinks, shaking the branch that Spiderman was on with a single thought.

"We'll finish thissss together, then I finish you!!! The Lizard Hisses looking at Spiderman.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

Learn More About
Spider-Man
Read more about Spider-Man at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wikipedia: Spider-Man Spiderfan.org Marvel.com: Spider-Man

The Lizard
Read more about The Lizard at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Lizard Wiki Entry SpiderFan.org SamRuby.com

Man-Thing
Read more about Man-Thing at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Entertainment Links: Wikipedia Toonopedia Marvel Directory

#3 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:39 AM

Another good set-up, HeyTim, but keep working on tense and punctuation. 

Heh, you know, Spidey, the Lizard, and the Man-Thing actually have a history. That doesn't really matter here, though, since Ivy's now the vessel for Man-Thing, and not Ted Salis. Without Salis as the vessel here, I don't really see how Spidey and Lizard stand a chance here.

#4 HeyTim85

HeyTim85

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

Very true DSkillz. While a similar battle has taken place, it has a slight twist. Think I'm going to spin into a little arc, thus I need to build an army.

#5 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
DSkillz gives it a grade of: B You sure do like Man-Thing! :D Another good story, but there are still issues with shifting tenses and punctuation.
shellsbut gives it a grade of: C
Confession FPT gives it a grade of: A
SCORE
Spider-Man and The Lizard: 6
Man-Thing: 8
FPA: 3.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users