Photo
- - - - -

Match 14316 Lightspeed Rescue Power Rangers vs. Advanced Idea Mechanics (A.I.M.)

Power Rangers A.I.M.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

Previously: Ryan Mitchell- the Titanium Ranger of the Lightspeed Rescue team- answered a call for help on Macross Island. As he searched for TJ- the Red Turbo Ranger- who had made the call, Ryan encountered the Black Dragon crime organization. The Black Dragons activated a Jack-6 robot to dispose of him.

Still surprised at the conversion of a suitcase into a fighting robot, The Titanium Ranger was struck several times by Jack-6’s mighty blows. He was able to roll with the punches and when Jack started throwing kicks, Ryan snapped out of it and started fighting back.

He caught Jack’s leg and swept him. The fall and crash didn’t seem to affect the robot. Then Ryan made the mistake of backing off. Jack stayed down, but he wasn’t out of the fight. The robot stooped over and launched a missile from his back.

Not totally unexpected, Ryan evaded it and closed the distance. A flying side kick knocked Jack back several steps. The robot retaliated with a series of hammer punches, one of them connecting and caused Ryan to see stars. To get out of being pummeled, Ryan tucked and rolled, clearing himself of Jack’s mighty blows.

At that point, he got it. He almost banged his head with his hand as he realized why he was having so much trouble. This was a robot. And it was strong. Ryan was fighting the thing using martial skill and fighting technique. The only thing that was going to stop this thing was power. The Titanium Ranger was a Power Ranger. Time to bring the power.

He pulled out his weapon and put it into laser axe mode to fight with. Now his strikes were doing damage. Jack-6 was a potent fighting robot but its actual battle skills were minimal. Ryan owned this thing. He finished it off with a series of blasts.

Now he had to find the people who set this thing on him. The Black Dragons were working for somebody.

His searching brought him to the Advanced Idea Mechanics labs.

TJ still wasn’t answering so it seemed to Ryan like he was on his own.

He had no idea what they were doing but it looked sinister.

Security spotted him but they hadn’t triggered the alarm yet. The director of the facility wanted to know what the Power Ranger was up to.

The Power Rangers had never encountered AIM, but the mad scientist organization was known to everyone in the super hero community. Normally, the Avengers dealt with them but Ryan didn’t know how to contact them directly.

When they were ready for him, the security personnel struck.

After TJ sent out the request for help, Carter Grayson didn’t receive it right away. He was enjoying a reunion with the rest of his Lightspeed Rescue team, minus Ryan. Upon learning that the Titanium Ranger had answered TJ’s call, he understood why Ryan hadn’t shown up.

Macross Island was a long ways away, but Carter’s mind kept going there. Power Rangers were fighting evil while his team was sitting around enjoying themselves. With TJ and Ryan involved, the situation was probably well in hand. Bringing in the entire Lightspeed Rescue team was probably overkill.

By the time they had finished eating, Carter couldn’t take it anymore.

“Guys we have to go.”

Surprised and concerned, Kelsey vocalized what the others were feeling. “What do you mean? What’s going on?”

“There’s been a call for assistance.” Carter explained. “On Macross Island.”

“Where the Robotech ship is?” Dana squealed. “Sweet!”

“Who’s calling?” asked Chad.

“The Red Turbo Ranger.” Carter answered. “Ryan should already be there.”

With no further explanation needed, the Lightspeed Rescue Power Rangers transported to Macross Island. There was no greeting party by any other Power Rangers.

Ryan had activated his transponder so that the others could find him. The Lightspeed Rangers quickly found the AIM facility, although they didn’t know what it was.

“He’s in here,” Carter pointed.

They went in and discovered the Titanium Ranger locked up in some kind of frozen carbonate block.

“Ryan!” Dana cried.

“Welcome Power Rangers!” a man said over a loudspeaker. “I knew that more of you would be showing up.”

“Let him go!” Carter demanded to the booming voice.

“I’m afraid I can’t do that. Furthermore, I won’t be letting you go either.”

“Then we’re going to take our colleague and shut you down!” Carter threatened.

“Don’t be ridiculous.” Said the booming voice. “You were intending to do that anyway. Hence the reason I laid this one out for you find so easily. The better to execute my trap!”

Doors opened all around them and AIM operatives rushed out. Most were carrying guns of some kind while a few had odd devices in their grasp.

“Rangers break!” Carter screamed. They each selected a zone and went into action.

Fight Parameters

The Lightspeed Rescue Power Rangers must rescue Ryan and avoid capture or being killed themselves.

The Lightspeed Rescue Power Rangers are:

Carter- Red Ranger

Kelsey- Yellow Ranger

Chad- Blue Ranger

Dana- Pink Ranger

Joel- Green Ranger

There are 50 AIM operatives around the facility (not all of them are combat trained). They have various ultra tech weapons readily available (whatever crazy stuff AIM comes up with).

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

Learn More About
Lightspeed Rescue Power Rangers
Read more about Lightspeed Rescue Power Rangers at Wikipedia
Official Site: Saban Links: Wikipedia Power Rangers Universe Tokusatsu Central

Advanced Idea Mechanics (A.I.M.)
Read more about Advanced Idea Mechanics (A.I.M.) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wikipedia Comic Vine Marvel Wiki

#3 Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

Knowing the Rangers, perhaps they could come out on top.

#4 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

Just a general observation, but we really need to work on spacing on the site overall so that's not a bad critic.

I see the Rangers as the Aquabase probably turns out weapons faster than Zordon pulls a jerk move.

#5 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

Good set-up, leroy. Sorry about missing a couple of yours recently. I'm pretty sure I know what the issue with line spacing has been about, and I'll post something about it later on. 

As for the match, I, too, think the Lightspeed Rangers can handle this. A.I.M. has been known to give the Avengers trouble, but in those cases they usually have more than the generic A.I.M. operatives at hand. They'll give the Rangers trouble initially with their various gadgets, but in the end this is probably nothing the Rangers can't handle.

#6 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
DSkillz gives it a grade of: B Good story and match-up.
Confession FPT gives it a grade of: A I feel like you made people care about characters that most people don't give a shit about.
Movie-Brat gives it a grade of: B
Shockwave gives it a grade of: B feels rangers like.
SCORE
Lightspeed Rescue Power Rangers: 10
Advanced Idea Mechanics (A.I.M.): 5
FPA: 3.2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Power Rangers, A.I.M.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users