#21 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

As contenders for the top spot, I would put Cap, Wolverine, Snake-Eyes and Punisher.

In that order.

I would do Cap, Punisher, Snake Eyes, and Wolverine, but the same people and the same winner.

After that (in order):

Bucky Barnes (this one is iffy. Might be higher on the list)

Batman

Green Arrow

Hawkeye

#22 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

Now that I think about it Bucky should be above Frank Castle in that list.

#23 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

In a straight up fight, Bucky would most likely win.

Punisher doesn't fight straight up.

#24 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

Ah I see why those 3 are your top. Their physical abilities gives them a advantage over the others. Plus they have the skills and experience to back it up. I also agreed that Punisher would be one of the last to fall. I don't think Cap would win. Maybe Wolverine since he has more experience and skill then Cap in my opinion.

I consider Cap as the top contender, because where the others(wolverine and snake-eyes) are physically enhanced as well, possibly even slightly superior to Cap in some things, Cap is also mentally enhanced(just like deathstroke). 

And where Wolverine and Snake-Eyes might have a few enhanced 'stats', Cap has all of them, both physical and mental.

Wolverine might have more skill, but Cap can out think and out maneuver him. And Wolverine's skill is not so much greater, that it bridges the gap in pure physical and mental 'stats'.

#25 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

I promise you I keep forgetting Captain America is mentally enhanced. Marvel doesn't show it a lot.

#26 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

I promise you I keep forgetting Captain America is mentally enhanced. Marvel doesn't show it a lot.

A good example is out maneuvering Spider-Man, by throwing his shield so that it activates the Spider-Sense, distracting Peter so that Cap can get a solid punch in on him(he hits spider-man full in the face).  He came up with the plan, and did the 'calculations' for the throw, on the spot.

Another good example is the fact that he can "see bullets moving" which makes him able to dodge them. That is only capable because his mind processes information at a much higher level than normal humans.

#27 Lunacyde

Lunacyde

Don't feed him after midnight

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Guns, Sports, History, Politics, Mythology, Environmental studies,Nature, Spirituality, Survival Skills, etc.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

A good example is out maneuvering Spider-Man, by throwing his shield so that it activates the Spider-Sense, distracting Peter so that Cap can get a solid punch in on him(he hits spider-man full in the face).  He came up with the plan, and did the 'calculations' for the throw, on the spot.

Another good example is the fact that he can "see bullets moving" which makes him able to dodge them. That is only capable because his mind processes information at a much higher level than normal humans.

In all fairness Daredevil did the same thing to Spider-man so that feat itself doesn't require enhanced mental capabilities.

#28 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

My list would be this.

1/2. Batman or Captain America takes the number one slot. They can both be very lethal with the majority of weapons provided, are tactical genius's, and outclass most of the other fighters skill wise and physically. 

2. I would say Punisher. As with above, he will be deadly with any of the firearms he gets his hands on. But what puts him high in the list is his survivalist training and ingenuity.

3. Snake-Eyes. He has extensive knowledge of the weaponry here, and has the skill and physicals to put down tributes in combat.

4. Wolverine. Enhanced physicals, extensive training, and adamantium coated bones.

Bucky, Ollie and Hawkeye in no particular order.

#29 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

Right, because Batman knows how to, and actively uses firearms nowadays.

Cap's mental feats are more impressive in the Avengers than solo. He's able to tactically out think the likes of Ultron, Kang, and Korvac. 

#30 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

Right, because Batman knows how to, and actively uses firearms nowadays.

Cap's mental feats are more impressive in the Avengers than solo. He's able to tactically out think the likes of Ultron, Kang, and Korvac. 

You should try reading more comics.

detective576-batshot2.jpg

Note that in this scan Bruce hasn't been keeping up with his marksmanship. They have training before this event.

Slade had earlier noted that the target had drifted out of effective range. Batman shot the guns out of someones hands when they weren't in effective range. He's no Punisher, but he's an extremely deadly threat with guns.

#31 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

You should try reading more comics.

Note that in this scan Bruce hasn't been keeping up with his marksmanship. They have training before this event.

Slade had earlier noted that the target had drifted out of effective range. Batman shot the guns out of someones hands when they weren't in effective range. He's no Punisher, but he's an extremely deadly threat with guns.

First off, that's the same scan twice. Second, shooting at targets and shooting to kill people who are shooting back (something Batman won't do, you should try reading more comics) are two completely far off things. Olympian rifle shooters wouldn't make good snipers. Also, Batman won't go for the guns, or at least, he'll be hesitant, losing his opportunity.

#32 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

First off, that's the same scan twice. Second, shooting at targets and shooting to kill people who are shooting back (something Batman won't do, you should try reading more comics) are two completely far off things. Olympian rifle shooters wouldn't make good snipers. Also, Batman won't go for the guns, or at least, he'll be hesitant, losing his opportunity.

Sorry about that, missed the other scan.

detective710-batstrokeshot4.jpg

You should also read the OP. Batman will kill here. Anyways, he will play it smart, get what he can, and disappear.

#33 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

Sorry about that, missed the other scan.

detective710-batstrokeshot4.jpg

You should also read the OP. Batman will kill here. Anyways, he will play it smart, get what he can, and disappear.

The OP directly says that all characters are in character, which means that Batman won't shoot anyone. 

#34 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

Honestly, I only see Cap and Wolverine really being able to make it in and out of the cornucopia alive. They're the two with the highest physical abilities, and will be beating everyone else to the middle. If no one else heads to the middle, I think Captain America takes out Wolverine there. If some of the others head for the goodies, they'll be taken out by those two.

#35 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

Batman has never used a gun regularly nor does he have any skill anywhere near the rest of them like Bucky or Castle.

#36 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

The OP directly says that all characters are in character, which means that Batman won't shoot anyone. 

I said read the OP, not skim it.

#37 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

If you read the OP Batman won't kill at first. It states if all options are exhausted he will kill. Batman hates guns and doesn't need them to kill. Batman if he wants to kill has plenty of other ways. Plus he does not have much skill or experience with guns.

#38 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

I said read the OP, not skim it.

Yeah, I did. I read it as the author's interpretation is that Batman will kill if all other options are exhausted, but that's not who Batman is. Besides, even if, he's severely handicapped. "All other options exhausted" definitely does not mean he'll be going for guns straight off, and he'll be at a disadvantage. Wolverine doesn't care about killing him. Neither does Snake Eyes. Neither does Punisher, hell, even Cap will be a shitton more ruthless.%

#39 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

Yeah, I did. I read it as the author's interpretation is that Batman will kill if all other options are exhausted, but that's not who Batman is. Besides, even if, he's severely handicapped. "All other options exhausted" definitely does not mean he'll be going for guns straight off, and he'll be at a disadvantage. Wolverine doesn't care about killing him. Neither does Snake Eyes. Neither does Punisher, hell, even Cap will be a shitton more ruthless.%

Fair point. But Batman will have noted everyones abilities in training, and will not put himself in a compromised situation. He'll grab some food, rope, a knife, and get out of there. Again, I also think that Captain America has an equally good chance of winning.

#40 badpierce

badpierce

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Football, xbox, Sci fi

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

I guess I would change my vote to hawkeye after hearing your logic. As far as a favorite. I Think punisher could kill some with traps alone. Batman would have a hard time killing, even if he has too. Also Bruce probably is the worst with a gun. I could see it coming down to cap, Logan and frank, with frank winning.

Edit: really both oliver and hawkeye are going for the bow, might be a fist fight for it. Who wins that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users