• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 Lunacyde

Lunacyde

Don't feed him after midnight

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Guns, Sports, History, Politics, Mythology, Environmental studies,Nature, Spirituality, Survival Skills, etc.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Intro:

Here's the plan. As a community we will discuss who we think is the weakest link in the situation, who we think the next person to be killed is. Each day the character with the most/best arguments against them will be killed off in a short written blurb that will further the story. This will continue until only one remains. They will be crowned victor.

The idea is that these 8 Tributes have been chosen to face off to the death in a bloody spectacle for the decadent upper class to witness. In order to ensure their cooperation powerful nuclear bombs have been planted in areas that mean a lot to said tributes. Only if they win will their loved ones be spared. They also have indestructible, tamper proof, neck collars that cancel healing factors and have enough explosives to successfully turn any of the tributes into nothing but pink mist if they don’t cooperate. Just like in the Hunger Games the tributes have done group training sessions so they are at least vaguely familiar with each other.

Tributes begin equally spaced in a circle around the cornucopia of weapons, standing on pedestals. If they leave the pedestals before the sounding of the horn to go they will be blown to bits. Once the horn sounds it is a free for all. The tributes can choose to make a dash for weapons or break for cover. They then have free range over the entire environment within the dome.

Rules:

- Elimination by Death only.

- The characters all begin with nothing except socks, undergarments, combat boots, and BDU Pants w/ a belt.

- The Tributes cannot leave the dome.

- No time limit.

- Night and Day pass like normal.

- Tributes have free range within the dome

- A cannon will sound with each death

- Tributes will have no prior knowledge of the environment

- The environment is unpopulated, but abundant with wild game and predators.

- All Tributes are in character. (Bruce will not like it, but he will kill if all other options are exhausted.

- Ammo is limited to the amount specified in the cornucopia, it is NOT unlimited.

- Bucky cannot use any of the electronics in his cybernetic arm

-Wolverine has been declawed and his HF nullified, except just enough so that adamantium poisoning doesn't effect him.

Tributes:

Frank Castle

Bruce Wayne

Oliver Queen

Wolverine(declawed)

Steve Rogers

Bucky Barnes

Snake-Eyes

Hawkeye (616)

Weapons:

2 Adamantium Katana

1 Adamantium Broadsword

2 Adamantium Spear

Crate of Frag Grenades

Crate of Flash-Bangs

Crate of Gas Grenades

1 Barrett .50 Cal Sniper Rifle

5 Assorted Adamantium Combat Knives

9 Adamantium Throwing Knives

1 Adamantium Bo Staff

2 Adamantium Escrima Sticks

2 Adamantium Nun-chuks

1 Compound Bow

1 Crossbow

1 Quiver of 15 Adamantium Tipped Crossbow Bolts

1 Quiver of 20 Adamantium Tipped Arrows

2 lbs of Semtex

1 Uzi

2 Colt 1911 Pistols

1 M-4 Assault Rifle

1 Mossberg 500 Pump Action Shotgun

4 .50 Cal Sniper Bullets

30 Uzi bullets

25 .45 Cal Bullets

15 5.56 Bullets

15 12 Guage Shells

2 Adamantium Hatchets

6 Bouncing Bettys

Other Gear

100 ft High Strength Nylon Rope

200 ft of fishing line

3 Pair Binoculars

2 Handheld Telescope

4 Compass

4 Canteens w/ fresh water

2 boxes matches

3 Adamantium Bear traps

1 Bottle Asprin

1 bottle Antibiotics

2 Pair Sunglasses

6 Pairs of T-shirts

2 Tank Tops

3 Shemaghs

3 Cast Iron Pans

2 Cast iron Pots

3 Sets Silverware

Food

2 Bushels Apples

5 Bunches of Bananas

6 Loaves of Bread

10 cans of beans

1 sack of potatoes

3 sacks of oranges

1 bag of peanuts

5 lbs of steak

5 lbs of chicken breast

I bag of bagels

1 can of Ravioli

2 bushels of corn

1 bottle of whiskey

Setting: 3116203-pueblo2.jpgQuadrant 13116195-desert2.jpgCornucopia Area3116192-sonoran.jpgQuadrant 23116185-canyons.gifQuadrant 33116183-mojave4.jpg

Quadrant 4

#2 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

Cool concept. Initial thoughts, Wolverine, Wayne, Castle and Snake-Eyes probably have the best experience and skill sets to survive for the longest and take out the others. It's not going to be easy for any of them, but i think the aforementioned four are probably the best suited for this sort of battle. I await what others have to say...

#3 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

Bruce wins. He is the best fighter, maybe the stealthiest, and not the best survivalist, but his stats in all attributes combined give him the win. I think Steve is second because of his brilliant tactical mind.

#4 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

Wayne certainly knows the most fighting styles, but he can be beaten in hand to hand by some of the other players. He's also one of the smartest, maybe the smartest, player in this game. Wolverine has the experience and knowledge to survive and fight to a higher degree than most, if not all, of the others, Castle is obviously very good at killing and has all sorts of past battless to draw from, and Snake Eyes is one of the the most skilled and physically capable combatants here.

I still can't decide who'd win, though.

#5 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Being the best H2H won't help anybody here. For this you really have to hunt down your enemies and be smart about it. It requires good strategy when it comes to killing and some good assassination techniques to come up with a plan to kill your other opponents. Sorry in this department if Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Bucky, and Frank have the best chance of winning. If either gets their weapons of choice their best with the rest are in trouble. Honestly I see Hawkeye teaming up with Arrow and Frank with Bucky to take the rest out from a distance. Then those two teams turn on each other. Finally the last two members battle it out for the win. Honestly I think Arrow or Bucky could take it.

#6 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

Batman, Frank, and Cap are the top three. The best tacticians, and able to do the most with the weapons available. Batman is the stealthiest, and could sneak up on and take out most of the opponents. Frank and BRuce could also set up some brilliant traps with the resources available. I could almost see Frank and Batman teaming up to take out everyone else.

#7 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

Captain America actually is the least likely to win. This type of battle doesn't suit him really well like the others and he would struggle to kill more then Batman. A lot of the other opponents would do far better then him in this type of battle. I don't see Frank and Bruce teaming up with their personalities. If anything Batman and Green Arrow team up like they have in the past. That's if Arrow doesn't team up with Hawkeye and decide it's best to take out their opponents from a distance.

#8 badpierce

badpierce

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Football, xbox, Sci fi

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:09 AM

So my vote for the weakest is Green Arrow. in Week one at least.

#9 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:21 AM

Batman, Captain America, Snake Eyes, and Wolverine couldn't get taken at long range by GA and HE. Captain America has the physicals to reach the cornucopia first and get his choice of equipment. Batman is the full package with physicals, stealth, tactics, strategy, stealth, and skill with weapons.

#10 Lunacyde

Lunacyde

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Guns, Sports, History, Politics, Mythology, Environmental studies,Nature, Spirituality, Survival Skills, etc.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

I'm liking the responses guys mostly well reasoned and thoughtful. Here's my two cents. Firstly I see Hawkeye as the weakest link. As far as I am aware he has the least survival experience and skill. His skill pool is shallower than most and there is only one bow so either him or Ollie are going to be at great disadvantage and Ollie has a good amount of survival experience.

#11 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

If Ollie gets his hands on a bow he will be the most dangerous one here in Qua 1. Ollie could take out some of the others from a distance.  I don't know why people are saying he is one of the weak links. Ollie has the training and experience to battle most of the others here in battle. Ollie and Hawkeye will have the most success in Qua 1. They can attack from a distance from higher up and all sorts of places without being seen. I say at least two people get killed. Batman will go after Green Arrow or Hawkeye first. He would know that if he wants his chances of winning to increase the long ranged opponents have to be taken out first.

Wolverine I almost forgot about. He is definitely the one everyone should stay away from and always be on guard.

#12 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

The only people he has a prayer of hitting are Frank or Hawkeye. Everyone else here could easily dodge his arrows? And give Batman or Punisher guns, and Ollie dies badly.

Not really. Without claws or healing factor he goes down.

#13 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

The only people he has a prayer of hitting are Frank or Hawkeye. Everyone else here could easily dodge his arrows? And give Batman or Punisher guns, and Ollie dies badly.

Not really. Without claws or healing factor he goes down.

Even without his healing factor and claws, Wolverine still has his enhanced speed, reflexes, agility, senses, stamina, and his adamantium skeleton.  Not to mention his skills and experience.

Also, people are severely underestimating Captain America.  I would consider him as one of the top favorites for winning the whole thing.

#14 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

Even without his healing factor and claws, Wolverine still has his enhanced speed, reflexes, agility, senses, stamina, and his adamantium skeleton.  Not to mention his skills and experience.

Also, people are severely underestimating Captain America.  I would consider him as one of the top favorites for winning the whole thing.

I also put him as a favorite, along with Batman and Frank.

#15 Lunacyde

Lunacyde

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

So any kind of consensus on who gets eliminated first? I've seen a few names thrown around but no overwhelming agreement.

#16 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

Hawkeye gets eliminated first.

he's definitely the "weakest link" so to speak.

#17 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

Yeah I would agree with Hawkeye going down first.

#18 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hawkeye dies. Bruce most likely wins, but Cap is another contender.

#19 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

As contenders for the top spot, I would put Cap, Wolverine, Snake-Eyes and Punisher.

In that order.

#20 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

Ah I see why those 3 are your top. Their physical abilities gives them a advantage over the others. Plus they have the skills and experience to back it up. I also agreed that Punisher would be one of the last to fall. I don't think Cap would win. Maybe Wolverine since he has more experience and skill then Cap in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users