Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:46 AM

Namor exceeds class 100 out of water.

#82 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

Spider-Man has never kicked Morlun's ass.

Sorry for a second I was thinking of Morbius. Spiderman killed Morlun in the hospital when he tried attacking Mary Jane. Spiderman before then got some good hits in before Morlun beat the daylights out of him.

#83 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

That wasn't Spider-Man, it was "the Spider" or some such supernatural creature. And he threw his best at Morlun just before that - it did nothing.

#84 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

Morlun was letting Spidey wail on him, and he was just smiling through it.

#85 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

Morlun was letting Spidey wail on him, and he was just smiling through it.

Not as impressive as ignoring repulser blasts.

#86 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

Not as impressive as ignoring repulser blasts.

Namor vs Iron Man is kind of a back and forth thing in comics.

http://www.supermega...120_vsNamor.JPG

#87 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

I though you were supposed to know a lot about Iron Man? Well, here you go.

Namor is making Iron Man look stupid and weak for the whole fight. Stark didn't really beat him under water, he got lucky.

tnai-01-016.jpg

tnai-01-017.jpg

tnai-01-018.jpg

tnai-01-019.jpg

tnai-01-020.jpg

Stark was lucky that Strange was there to save his dumb ass. This fight really demonstrates how much stronger Namor is. He charges through the repulsers, and they have literally no effect at all. I love how Iron Man seemed to think that he was in control in the first page.

Too bad that's not a win, because strange interrupted the fight. Namor had Stark in the same position (underwater without a helmet) in Demon in a Bottle. Stark was in his classical armor. He then proceeded to slam Namor onto dry land, beat him into a heap, and ordered the military to take him away. Another occasion, Stark was literally near brain dead, piloting an obsolete suit, and then solidly beat Namor. Fully hydrated. Under water. Namor's never beaten Iron Man. Too bad the same thing can't be said the other way around.

And what are you talking about? It was underwater, and the repulsors downed Namor. After which, he came up behind Iron Man and went the cheap route by taking off his helmet underwater. That doesn't show Namor's stronger than Iron Man, it shows that even underwater he can't overpower him in an upfront confrontation.

#88 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

AND NAMOR LOST TO THING UNDERWATER, JUST SAYIAN /troll

#89 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

Too bad that's not a win, because strange interrupted the fight. Namor had Stark in the same position (underwater without a helmet) in Demon in a Bottle. Stark was in his classical armor. He then proceeded to slam Namor onto dry land, beat him into a heap, and ordered the military to take him away. Another occasion, Stark was literally near brain dead, piloting an obsolete suit, and then solidly beat Namor. Fully hydrated. Under water. Namor's never beaten Iron Man. Too bad the same thing can't be said the other way around.

And what are you talking about? It was underwater, and the repulsors downed Namor. After which, he came up behind Iron Man and went the cheap route by taking off his helmet underwater. That doesn't show Namor's stronger than Iron Man, it shows that even underwater he can't overpower him in an upfront confrontation.

He flew straight through the repulsers to Iron Man with zero effect. Please. Stark was going down in that fight and you know it. It is funny how you accuse me of fan-wanking. If the taking of helmet is weak, so is the water pollution you decided to leave out of the brain dead, obsolete suit fight, in which Namor was handing him his ass on a paper plate.

#90 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

He flew straight through the repulsers to Iron Man with zero effect. Please. Stark was going down in that fight and you know it. It is funny how you accuse me of fan-wanking. If the taking of helmet is weak, so is the water pollution you decided to leave out of the brain dead, obsolete suit fight, in which Namor was handing him his ass on a paper plate.

And when he hit him with the repulsors underwater, he tried to shield himself and went down. The difference is, Stark actually won that fight, and Namor didn't win this one. Again, in Demon in a Bottle he had Stark in the same position and still got his ass handed to him. Stark could have easily thruster boosted out of the water.

#91 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

And when he hit him with the repulsors underwater, he tried to shield himself and went down. The difference is, Stark actually won that fight, and Namor didn't win this one. Again, in Demon in a Bottle he had Stark in the same position and still got his ass handed to him. Stark could have easily thruster boosted out of the water.

Can you post that fight? Namor would beat Stark in combat, as he did here before Stark was saved by Strange.

#92 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

The wording should be "could", not "would" because that could happen. But highly unlikely.

#93 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

Can you post that fight? Namor would beat Stark in combat, as he did here before Stark was saved by Strange.

No, I can't. Go look for Demon In a Bottle # 4 yourself. Also, he beat Namor in Iron Man #54 using a heat ray to dehydrate him. Also, a drone robot he made nearly killed Namor by himself in one hit. Iron Man later destroyed that unit personally with no trouble, along with an adamantium bot, and a driller bot that was pwning the Fantastic Four. He stalemated Namor in Tales of Suspense 79 even though he was low on power, it was UNDERWATER, and he was in his third suit of armor, ever.

Except he didn't. End of story. This is not even debatable, he didn't win. Taking his helmet off isn't a win. Defeating someone is a win. Iron Man has straight up, no "fight interrupted" defeated Namor. More than once. He's more powerful, faster, has range advantage, and most importantly, he's smarter by a large margin.

#94 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

No, I can't. Go look for Demon In a Bottle # 4 yourself. Also, he beat Namor in Iron Man #54 using a heat ray to dehydrate him. Also, a drone robot he made nearly killed Namor by himself in one hit. Iron Man later destroyed that unit personally with no trouble, along with an adamantium bot, and a driller bot that was pwning the Fantastic Four. He stalemated Namor in Tales of Suspense 79 even though he was low on power, it was UNDERWATER, and he was in his third suit of armor, ever.

Except he didn't. End of story. This is not even debatable, he didn't win. Taking his helmet off isn't a win. Defeating someone is a win. Iron Man has straight up, no "fight interrupted" defeated Namor. More than once. He's more powerful, faster, has range advantage, and most importantly, he's smarter by a large margin.

I did. No mention of Iron Man defeating Namor, just of a team up after the fight. Looked for Iron Man 54, again no mention of the situation stipulated. I can't find any accounts of this drone robot, so you'll have to post scans, or I can't accept any of this.

No, it isn't. Stark was clearly terrified, Namor could twist his head off easily, shrugged off every one of Iron Man's attacks, ect. I'm looking over the comic now, and to say that it is a stalemate is ludicrous, or fan-wanking. Namor would beat Iron Man in any no PIS conflict. If he did dehydrate Namor with a heat ray, that's retarded because Namor has tanked blasts from Starfire. His range advantage i negated because Namor can easily withstand his repulsers. He is certainly not more powerful than the guy who knocked out Savage Hulk and Genis Vell. 

#95 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

I did. No mention of Iron Man defeating Namor, just of a team up after the fight. Looked for Iron Man 54, again no mention of the situation stipulated. I can't find any accounts of this drone robot, so you'll have to post scans, or I can't accept any of this.

No, it isn't. Stark was clearly terrified, Namor could twist his head off easily, shrugged off every one of Iron Man's attacks, ect. I'm looking over the comic now, and to say that it is a stalemate is ludicrous, or fan-wanking. Namor would beat Iron Man in any no PIS conflict. If he did dehydrate Namor with a heat ray, that's retarded because Namor has tanked blasts from Starfire. His range advantage i negated because Namor can easily withstand his repulsers. He is certainly not more powerful than the guy who knocked out Savage Hulk and Genis Vell. 

First of all, Stark was surprised that Namor would actually resort to such measures when he wasn't in any combat or fighting capacity whatsoever. In a no PIS encounter, he would destroy Namor. Namor was dehydrated by Human Torch's normal flame, which is around 1400 degrees Fahrenheit. Iron Man's heat ray easily goes to 3500 degrees Farenheit. Or he can just irradiate the shit out of Namor (Namor couldn't take Radioactive Man's radiation).

Wow, he's beaten Hulk while underwater. Great. Iron Man has on land. It was in between the two instances where he defeated Thor, before he beated Sentry, but after he the first time he beat Silver Surfer and NAMOR HIMSELF. Namor gets beaten by Captain America, Spider-Man, and the Thing (underwater). Also, the last time I checked Starfire is a DC character.

I'm not saying it was a stalemate, I'm saying it was an unfinished fight. That is simply a fact. You saying that Namor could have easily beaten him is an opinion. My saying that Namor caught him completely off-guard, which Tony didn't have time to react to, is an opinion. Your saying that the repulsor ray did not hurt him is simply incorrect, because when Iron Man hit him with a blast underwater, he tried to shield and back away from the blast, and went down. He then surprised Tony, which should have been impossible due to sonar, and radar, among other sensors, but that's just PIS for you.

Then look harder. In Demon in the Bottle 4, he is ambushed by Namor. Namor has him underwater and forces off his helmet. Iron Man boosts himself on land. This happens:

IM120_vsNamor.JPG

And Namor lies in a hump on the floor. The military comes. Namor finally comes too, and after talking to Stark and not behaving like an asshat like usual, he decides to help Stark. Also, you can't find an instance of Iron Man fighting Namor in Invincible Iron Man 54? That seems damned surprising, seeing as how the cover is this:

Iron%20Man%20vs%20Namor%20the%20Sub-Mari

And the instance with the bot happened in Director of Shield, it was one of the argonauts that Stark created. "Submariner": streamlined for great speed it apparently unleashed several tsunamis, and was able to overpower Namor, the Submariner, under water - an incredible feat." That's from Wikipedia.

#96 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

First of all, Stark was surprised that Namor would actually resort to such measures when he wasn't in any combat or fighting capacity whatsoever. In a no PIS encounter, he would destroy Namor. Namor was dehydrated by Human Torch's normal flame, which is around 1400 degrees Fahrenheit. Iron Man's heat ray easily goes to 3500 degrees Farenheit. Heads up, Namor has never knocked out Savage Hulk. He punched him a far distance once. Iron Man has. It was in between the two instances where he defeated Thor. Namor gets beaten by Captain America, Spider-Man, and the Thing (underwater). Also, the last time I checked Starfire is a DC character. I'm not saying it was a stalemate, I'm saying it was an unfinished fight. That is simply a fact. You saying that Namor could have easily beaten him is an opinion. Your saying that the repuslor ray did not hurt him is simply incorrect, because when Iron Man hit him with a blast underwater, he tried to shield and back away fromt he blast, and went down. He then surprised Tony, which should have been impossible due to sonar, and radar, among other sensors, but that's just PIS for you, in addition to the fact that Iron Man would never go underwater to fight Namor in the first place.

Then look harder. In Demon in the Bottle 4, he is ambushed by Namor. Namor has him underwater and forces off his helmet. Iron Man boosts himself on land. This happens:

IM120_vsNamor.JPG

And Namor lies in a hump on the floor. The military comes. Namor finally comes too, and after talking to Stark and not behaving like an asshat like usual, he decides to help Stark. Also, you can't find an instance of Iron Man fighting Namor in Invincible Iron Man 54? That seems damned surprising, seeing as how the cover is this:

Iron%20Man%20vs%20Namor%20the%20Sub-Mari

And the instance with the bot happened in Director of Shield, it was one of the argonauts that Stark created. "Submariner": streamlined for great speed it apparently unleashed several tsunamis, and was able to overpower Namor, the Submariner, under water - an incredible feat." That's from Wikipedia.

No he wouldn't. Namor has withstood the Human Torches nova flame without dehydration. Heads up, he punched him a far distance, knocking him out and causing him to revert back to Banner, who was unconscious. When has Namor been beaten by Spider Man? He was beaten by Cap when being controlled by the Controller, and Cap hit him in the disk. And Namor stomps the Thing in every ever encounter. No, it is a fact. It is a fact that Namor has the strength to twist an unprotected Stark's head off. Fact.   When Namor flew at him on land, his facial expression didn't change, the beams didn't push him back, and there was no visible damage. Never go underwater? He didn't have a choice in the matter. 

Then why is his helmet on in the pic?

In a no PIS fight, the stronger, faster opponent would win.

#97 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

This is the fight from Tales of Suspense. Near Water. Tony is in his THIRD armor (this one doesn't even have f*cking Repuslors for Christ Sake, he didn't even have HIS OWN TITLE). Iron Man doesn't even WANT TO FIGHT.

487109-vsnamor1b4sj.jpg

487110-vsnamor1c1wy.jpg

487116-vsnamor1e0yj.jpg

487117-vsnamor1f5ue.jpg

487119-vsnamor1g1uk.jpg

487120-vsnamor1h9wa.jpg

Extremis Iron Man should be able to KILL Namor. Bleeding Edge vs. Namor, and it's a flat out STOMP.

#98 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

No he wouldn't. Namor has withstood the Human Torches nova flame without dehydration. Heads up, he punched him a far distance, knocking him out and causing him to revert back to Banner, who was unconscious. When has Namor been beaten by Spider Man? He was beaten by Cap when being controlled by the Controller, and Cap hit him in the disk. And Namor stomps the Thing in every ever encounter. No, it is a fact. It is a fact that Namor has the strength to twist an unprotected Stark's head off. Fact.   When Namor flew at him on land, his facial expression didn't change, the beams didn't push him back, and there was no visible damage. Never go underwater? He didn't have a choice in the matter. 

Then why is his helmet on in the pic?

In a no PIS fight, the stronger, faster opponent would win.

And he's also been dehydrated by Iron Man's heat ray before. A "greatly reduced" dose. He's also been dehydrated by fighting Spider-Man for a couple of minutes. He's also fought evenly with such extremely powerful opponents such as The Black Panther and Wolverine. Truly impressive (that was sarcasm btw). The Controller isn't the only time he's fought Cap. And again, he had Iron Man with his helmet off in Demon In the Bottle too. Okay, it wasn't completely off, the eyeslits wouldn't close and the helmet flooded with water, same effect. Why isn't his helmet off? Maybe because it's a cover? And Iron Man completely got taken by surprise by the attack, which is why the first attack didn't phase Namor. Iron Man doesn't keep his repudiators to "high petawatt range" all the time, he keeps them at low power, if he gets surprised he doesn't want to blow someone's body apart. The second time, his repulsors were scaled up to do damage to Namor.

The stronger, faster opponent? First of all, Namor isn't faster, nor is he stronger on land. Third of all, that's complete bullshit. I guess brains, tactics, gadgets, etc. don't mean anything. Aren't you a Batman fan?

In this comic (not the whole fight):

wolverine-vs-captain-america-vs-spider-m

#99 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

This is the fight from Tales of Suspense. Near Water. Tony is in his THIRD armor (this one doesn't even have f*cking Repuslors for Christ Sake, he didn't even have HIS OWN TITLE). Iron Man doesn't even WANT TO FIGHT.

487109-vsnamor1b4sj.jpg

487110-vsnamor1c1wy.jpg

487116-vsnamor1e0yj.jpg

487117-vsnamor1f5ue.jpg

487119-vsnamor1g1uk.jpg

487120-vsnamor1h9wa.jpg

Extremis Iron Man should be able to KILL Namor. Bleeding Edge vs. Namor, and it's a flat out STOMP.

Firstly, he does have repulsers in that fight. Next, that fight is utter garbage, and already slanted in Stark's favor. Yes the fight occurs in water, but the water is polluted. This means that Namor is significantly weakened by circumstance already. Secondly, Namor's punches would crumple Iron Man's armor like paper, unless Iron Man is more durable than Captain Mar-Vell. Namor has tangled with SS under water, and in a no-PIS encounter would stomp him.

Yeah, also foes like Sentry, or Thor. Yeah, it wasn't the only time he fought Cap, but in all the others he won. All that repulser power level stuff is pure speculation, and thus useless. 

Yes he is. He catches missiles and flies around at incredible speeds, which would top all your Iron Man speed feats I'm sure. And on land he is stronger. Intelligence and gadgets do matter, but since most of Iron Mans weapons and gadgets are useless in a non-PIS encounter, they don't.

That doesn't show Spider Man beating Namor at all.

#100 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

Firstly, he does have repulsers in that fight. Next, that fight is utter garbage, and already slanted in Stark's favor. Yes the fight occurs in water, but the water is polluted. This means that Namor is significantly weakened by circumstance already. Secondly, Namor's punches would crumple Iron Man's armor like paper, unless Iron Man is more durable than Captain Mar-Vell. Namor has tangled with SS under water, and in a no-PIS encounter would stomp him.

That fight was before pollution was a weakness to him (a recent development). If you notice, Namor doesn't even remark at all about the pollution, and it doesn't weaken him in any way, nowhere in the entire comic does it say even once that Namor is being affected by the pollution.

More like, unless Iron Man is more durable than the Thing, Wolverine, Tigershark, Captain America, or Spider-Man. Hint: he is. Also, Iron Man would defeat Captain Mar-Vell also. When did he beat Mar-Vell? And I thought you said it was Genis-Vell? Are you even aware that those are two different people? Namor could stomp Silver Surfer underwater with no PIS? Okay, that's it. That is the most retarded statement I've ever heard on this site. Really? Silver Surfer? Silver Surfer will destroy the planet Namor is on, and leave him out in space to die. He will literally turn Namor into a piece of gold and scatter him throughout Earth's atmosphere. Silver Surfer. That's flat out ridiculous, I want to see this issue where he beats Surfer, if he even beats him. The only way Namor was able to beat Hulk was through his control of water. If Thor, Silver Surfer, Sentry, Magneto, etc. can't crumple Iron Man's armor, Namor has a laughably low chance to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users