Photo

Squidward's Suicide/Red Mist: Real or Fake?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

I know this sounds really stupid and gullible of me, but is this real? I heard SS was based on something called Red Mist which was made by some serial killer Scottish guy who's now jailed for life. You can call me a gullible fool, but still tell if it's real or fake and back up your evidence (something people don't do on all these answer websites.)

#2 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

A.  Googling brings many answers, there was probably no reason to ask here.  Example: http://answers.yahoo...31185208AAzWbEh

B. This topic is disturbing.

#3 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

Yeah, it's probably not real given that you can't find any credible spot on the Internet to verify if there was an animator who was fired or whatever.

Also, considering to move this to the adult section... but since it's all fake and cartoon violence not sure what to do with it.

#4 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

I mean think about it, the idea is that some animator was caught after he sent in actual footage of people he killed. Alright... so where are all the news stories about this then?

#5 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

NO!

It's like the Ed, Edd, & Eddy purgatory, Rugrats Angelica's insanity theory or the Pokemon Comma theory, it's just somewhat vague enough to cover it's bases and allows your own mind to fill in the holes of the theory.

It's just some sick person's idea of a joke.

#6 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

I just feel like such an idiot for posting this. But it still just bugs me. Even if this is completely made up, some sicko still had the idea for this.

#7 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

Ah... CreepyPasta.... some of the most creative stuff on the net. The idea behind it and all similar stories, is to make it seem as real as possible, so that you'll believe it, when in actuality it never really happened.

#8 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

I just feel like such an idiot for posting this. But it still just bugs me. Even if this is completely made up, some sicko still had the idea for this.

It's an easy enough mistake to make, you see something online posted several times, has a convincing enough story and you believe it.

And it's not really a sicko, it could just be a creative writing person or whatever. I mean it is a well written storyline and everything (especially if people are believing it at first glance) and it is rather creative with an elaborate story behind it, doesn't mean whoever made it is a sicko.

#9 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

http://www.cracked.c...artoons_p2.html

#10 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

Eh don't worry about it.  I recently read CreepyPasta's attempt to undermine the Mane 6 of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic about six girls who died at the same time in the 80's.  

The problem with some minds, they're easily manipulated.  Others follow the trend.  I've just become a cynical bastard.

#11 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

Way too drunk to care

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Doing butt naked cartwheels

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:55 PM

Paul from the Wonder Years is NOT Marilyn Manson

#12 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

Paul from the Wonder Years is NOT Marilyn Manson

That's a god damn lie.

#13 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:58 AM

It's just a horror story, and considering some people believed it, not a bad one either. It's fairly well written and is creepy even if you don't believe any of it, if I recall correctly. Writing a good horror story doesn't make someone sick. 

#14 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

It's just a horror story, and considering some people believed it, not a bad one either. It's fairly well written and is creepy even if you don't believe any of it, if I recall correctly. Writing a good horror story doesn't make someone sick. 

I didn't mean the writer was sick, but if someone did actually copy it in real life, then that would be sick. I've heard tons of those kind of stories around the net. I actually like the story. It's not exactly Human Centpede 2. Now that is sick, even for a self-parody on Tom Six's part.

#15 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

Sometimes it's just simply de-bugged by watching the show.

For example. Ed, Edd and Eddy's original ending was Eddy waking up to show the viewers that he was an old man playing cards with Edd and Ed.  This showed that it was the Ed's reflecting on their childhood before they die.  A horrifying thought for a kids show right?

Watch Take this Ed and shove it.  That's the episode.  It's a powerful episode for adults.  

BUUUT they ruined it by then adding another season and having the kids go to school.  

It's harder to de-bug the others, but for Squidward I can say he actually realized how much he needs Patrick and Spongebob to make his life interesting simply by going to what he could consider "Heaven".  Only to discover that it's boring doing the same thing everyday.  So he finally snaps and becomes the Patrick and Spongebob he needs and runs rampant.  And it's never addressed again.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users