8 replies to this topic

#1 HeyTim85

HeyTim85

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

A shadow seems to be slowly chasing her throughout time and space. The creature shows no face as it closes in on her, knocking her on the gound.Slowely she feals the creature begin to break down her body piece by piece.

Poison Ivy awakes drenched in sweat. Her bed of leaves slowly drinking the sweat away quickly. The darkness in the room seemed deathly silent as Ivy quikly remedied. The dreams have become so lifelike. What she thought was once a nightmare seems to evolved into so much more then that. Even awake she seems to feel a presence following her. It follows her like a quiet constant whisper in the wind. There seems to be no escaping it's presence, anunforgiving nightmare that seems tO consume all thought.

Ivy deciding to find a way to silence the feeling for good turned to an old acquintance. Ivy knew that it would take a bit more then just the simple knowing of eachother to enlist the help of the Queen of Fables. Ivy coul only think of one thing that would help her in this plight. Ivy sorts through a table of vials, carefully choosing a few that she needed for the journey.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ivy arrives at the Queen of Fables garden and stared into the vast amount of beatiful flowers. Suddenly Ivy hears a sound from behind her.

"What may I ask brings you hear?" Asked the Queen. "Not that I'm complaining. It's nice to have company on occassion. I get so little of it out here."

"I would tell you." Ivy responds, "But I'm pretty sure you could just see it."

The queen nods and closes her eyes for a moment.

"Such an amusing dream," says the Queen. "Although I do wonder what it must be like to know your fate as well as you do."

"Please don't toy with me, do you know anything about the beast that haunts me?" Ivy asks.

"I cannot say." The Queen replies. "All I can see of it is what you do. Although I can also see that it is almost attached to you. It's almost as if the two of you were linked in some way.

"Is there any way to be rid of the linK?" Ivy asks. "I must have this voice out of my head. I'm ready to face my demon."

"There is but one way." The Queen replies. "One of you must be destroyed. It seems as if the plants themselves are sending these messages from between dimensions.They want this meeting to occur for some reason. It appears as if someone can control the plants as well as yourself, perhaps even better."

Can you send two people to this dimension? Asks Ivy. "If you have the power that is."

"Ah yes, a feeble try to trick me. The Queen responds. "You know I have the power, but the question is why I would help you? It will take a vast amount of energy to make this possible. Besides who is this extra person that you plan on bringing with you?"

"I shall answer both of these questions for you," Ivy replies. "Come here my dearest."

From around the bushes out steps Superman.

"You brought him here?" Questioned the Queen angrily. "Why?"

"It's perfectly safe." Replied Ivy. "I happen to have him under my spell. Help me to free myself from this future and I shall give you Superman. He shall be yours to do as you wish. Do we have a deal?"

"I have longed for ages for such a Kryptonian treat." Says the Queen. "You shall have your wish."

An incantation is whispered, and in a flash both Superman and Poison Ivy are gone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suddenly Poison Ivy and Superman appear just in time for a flying pile of muck to land on her.

They have arrived in a swamp with a battle going on between the Man-Thing and Hulk. The Man-Thing swings and knocks the Hulk through two trees. Poison Ivy sees, and feels the energy of the swamp pouring back into the Man-Thing. The Hulk jumps to his feet and charges towards the Man-Thing. Somehow the blow seems to phase through the Man-Thing causing the Hulk to land at Poison Ivy's feet.

"I love your shade of green." Ivy tells the Hulk. "Come now and allow us to help you with destroying this beast.

Poison Ivy opens a vial and blows a kiss along with the potion towards Hulk. Hulk stands there confused for a moment staring at Poison Ivy. Suddenly Hulks arms spread.

"Hulk Smaaa...." As Hulks hands begin to come forward to crush Poison Ivy they are caught, followed quickly by a quick knee in the chest that sent the Hulk flying backwards, leaving trees crumbling in his wake. Superman looks at Poison Ivy and steps away.

"Alright, I suppose it's time to do what we came for." Ivy says.

With a motion vines and branches begin to swirl around the Man-Thing. The Man-Thing is quickly covered with the vegetation and appears vanquished.

"Perhaps I didn't really need you after all." Ivy tells Superman. "Perhaps I must have overestimated my opponent."

After a few seconds a horrid smell begins to fill the air. Ivy turns to see the Man-Thing seemed to break down the limbs and refresh himself with their waste.

"It can't be!" Shrieked Ivy. "This can't happen. Stop him.

Superman began using his heat vision, burning a hole through the Man-Thing.

Suddenly Superman is sent flying by a huge hit from Hulk sending him high into the air.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Parameters:

For Ivy to win she must end the Man-Things life.

Man-Thing has the Nexus of Realities.

Ivy must be destroyed to break her link with Superman.

Superman must protect Ivy with no consideration of his life.

Hulk's his only allegience is too himself, willing to fight all envolved, but will probably try to take out his biggest threat first.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Learn More About
Superman
Read more about Superman at Wikipedia
Official Site: Detective Comics Links: Superman's Wiki Profile DC Database Project: Superman DC's Superman Site

Poison Ivy
Read more about Poison Ivy at Wikipedia
Official Site: D.C Comics Links: Wikipedia Unoff. Guide to D.C Universe IMDb

The Hulk
Read more about The Hulk at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wikipedia: The Incredible Hulk The Marvel Database: The Hulk Marvel.com: The Hulk

Man-Thing
Read more about Man-Thing at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Entertainment Links: Wikipedia Toonopedia Marvel Directory

#3 badpierce

badpierce

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Football, xbox, Sci fi

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

Hmmm, Not a bad set up. Hard to decide though. I really don't think even Superman could "destroy" Man-Thing in is own swamp. He would just grow back. I guess the Hulk could keep Superman busy long enough for Man-Thing to kill Ivy and he would probably be mad enough to do it too. my vote is for team Marvel.

#4 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

This is a really cool idea, especially with all the characters (except the mind-controlled Superman) acting in character. It also looks like the beginning of an interesting arc.

I don't think Ivy can hurt Man Thing, just slow him down. For that matter, Hulk has tried and failed to hurt him before. Superman can freeze him or cook him with heat vision, but he will come back from either of those pretty quickly. Superman's best option is to get him out of the swamp, which is the source of his power. He can find a way to do that but, if he's mind-controlled and being harassed by the Hulk he may not realize that.

In the meanwhile, Ivy's already showing signs of being frightened of Man-Thing, and whoever knows fear burns at the Man-Thing's touch.

Does Superman have his usual intelligence or is he a more-or-less mindless puppet. It makes a big difference to how I vote.

#5 HeyTim85

HeyTim85

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

Superman is almost completely mindless, thus his uncommon actions. His only thought is Ivy's protection.

#6 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

In that case, team Marvel. Supes could do it if he was in his right mind, but it'd take a little planning.

#7 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

Good set-up and story as per usual lately, HeyTim, though with the same grammar and sentence issues. 

As for the match, I, too, think Marvel prevails, but the fight will continue between Man-Thing and Hulk for a while.

#8 HeyTim85

HeyTim85

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

I appreciate it buddy! I'll try to work on the grammar sometime.

#9 HeyTim85

HeyTim85

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

So amusing thought; can Superman hit hulk far enough away, to finish off the Man-Thing in a fairly quick matter? Perhaps Hulk could even get distracted on his way back.

#10 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
DSkillz gives it a grade of: B Very good story, but there are still issues with some word misspellings and run-ons.
badpierce gives it a grade of: B Its a good set up. Get some more adjectives.
Dark Spider-man gives it a grade of: B
Dinsdale Piranha gives it a grade of: B Very nice! the only reason it didn't get an A is grammar and spelling issues.
SCORE
Superman and Poison Ivy: 8
The Hulk and Man-Thing: 10
FPA: 3.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users