Posted Image

#2 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

Doctor Mcninja takes it. He's used to dodging ninja stars so pies will be a piece of cake.

#3 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

But doof breaks the fourth wall; and has everything blow up in his face.

#4 sithisson

sithisson

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

Doof might have an -Ainator just for this very purpose! Of course it's probably likely it'll toss pies at him also which I guess would lead into a loss here?

#5 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

I was posting from my phone earlier so I didn't go into depth, but to add to Mcninja's advantages, I wanted to point this out. While I haven't watched a lot of Phineas and Ferb, Doofenshmirtz appears to be the kind of character who suffers from toonforce, not benefits from. As you both pointed out, his inventions tend to backfire on him, because reality warps around him to make it so. Combine that with Mcninja's skills as both a doctor and a ninja, and his genre awareness, and I think all elements combine to give the good Doctor a solid victory. 

#6 sithisson

sithisson

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:40 PM

I was posting from my phone earlier so I didn't go into depth, but to add to Mcninja's advantages, I wanted to point this out. While I haven't watched a lot of Phineas and Ferb, Doofenshmirtz appears to be the kind of character who suffers from toonforce, not benefits from. As you both pointed out, his inventions tend to backfire on him, because reality warps around him to make it so. Combine that with Mcninja's skills as both a doctor and a ninja, and his genre awareness, and I think all elements combine to give the good Doctor a solid victory. 

Pretty much unfortunately. I'd say Doof is a far better choice if you were looking to entertain yourself by hitting someone with pies, for every one that he tries to dodge two more are more liable to hit him. It doesn't make him a bad character, I actually watch the cartoon just for his and Perry's sequence because they are hilariously funny most of the time, but against a skilled ninja he's at a lost.

#7 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

Yes he suffers from Toonforce more than he benefits, but this is the COMEDY department and because of it, his suffering is going to make people laugh.  The "In-your-face-with-pie-inator" that he probably has will either self-destruct or blast the good doctor into submission.

Honestly, that's the reason Doof IS my comedy relief.  Comedy is based off of misery. 

#8 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

Well, I was looking at this as who would win the pie throwing contest. However, that's not a problem Mcninja will suffer from. With his Genre Savvy, he'll know weather or not he's supposed to go for the win, or for the funny. If he needs to win the contest, easy for all the reasons I pointed out. If he needs to make with the funny, he'll pull the ol' team up strategy like he did in Army of one to counter the inverse ninja law. This time, however, he'll go on the defensive and protect Doofenshmirtz from his own disastrous inventions, allowing all the comedic points to fall on him.

And, then of course, when Doofenshmirtz is doing his version of a victory celebration because Mcninja was the only one to get hit with pies (surprized babbling I assume) Mcninja will be on his cell phone. Doofenshmirts will ask what he's doing, that's when Mcninja hangs up, says "you'll see", the doors fly open, in bursts his secretary, Judy the gorilla, with a pie launching bazooka. Doofenshmirtz gets to look at the camera and give an "Oh no" line, before being blasted with a huge pie. Mcninja then leaves the unconscious Doofenshmirtz his business card, hopes on a dinosaur, and heads home to deliver 

2006-07-123p48.gif

#9 UMPIRE

UMPIRE

The Ref

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:A fair match. Play ball!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

Match Final Results
Dr.Mcninja: 19
Dr Heinz Doofenshmirtz: 6