#2 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

Both of them do it. If the question is who does it faster-- Winter Soldier.

#3 sithisson

sithisson

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

Both of them have done it no questions there. Hard to say as one is going to go the prep way while the other is bound to go gung-ho fashion in and out with much explosive action.

#4 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

Both of them have done it no questions there. Hard to say as one is going to go the prep way while the other is bound to go gung-ho fashion in and out with much explosive action.

"Prep" means downtime before actually starting the action. If Winter Soldier is able and willing to go in guns blazing and take the boss out, then it's him easy. Especially when you consider that Bats won't be looking to kill, and will have to find a way to non-lethally take the boss down.

I'm very happy to say, Batman loses.

#5 sithisson

sithisson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

"Prep" means downtime before actually starting the action. If Winter Soldier is able and willing to go in guns blazing and take the boss out, then it's him easy. Especially when you consider that Bats won't be looking to kill, and will have to find a way to non-lethally take the boss down.

I'm very happy to say, Batman loses.

Indeed. That was more of a spelling it out for myself then anything. In this case Bucky's is going to go far more faster into the fray, bomb the hell out of the fortifications, kill the armed occupants and strike the target. Bruce (I assume it to be Bruce in this case being it's not the one entitled with Grayson's name) is liable to take all that time to find ways to exploit his way in, get the drop on those around the target methodically, and then, as you suggested clearly, would be looking for the non-lethal means to an end.

Indeed Barnes should have this in under say three hrs or less with your pizza free if he doesn't deliver. Paid by Fury's account mind you....

#6 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

Winter Soldier's training and experience will allow him to get through the fortress quicker. For the simple fact he has no killing rule which will slow him down here. Batman will use gadgets, his usual stealth attacks, and more to get through which takes more time. Winter Soldier wins because his way is quicker and more efficient. 

#7 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Winter Soldier's training and experience will allow him to get through the fortress quicker. For the simple fact he has no killing rule which will slow him down here. Batman will use gadgets, his usual stealth attacks, and more to get through which takes more time. Winter Soldier wins because his way is quicker and more efficient. 

Good points. I think the biggest thing to remember is that "taking down a crime boss" doesn't just mean beating them senseless. It means permanently stopping them. While there are other ways to do so than killing him, none are quite as fast or efficient.

#8 sithisson

sithisson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Adding into that point what's to say that the heavily fortified place doesn't just happen to have that one window opened by a random mook at the worst moment? The Winter Soilder is more likely to take a chance at sniping the target if he sees the opportunity whereas Bruce is going in for the capture/beatdown method no matter by what means he attempts it.

#9 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

Winter Solider likely wins here. Batman's only real chance is if he is able to attack at the same time as Winter Soldier, and allow him to distract any guards while stealthing his way through the fortress to take the boss himself. But in any other situation, Bucky will manage to get it done more quickly. 

#10 The Blue Flame

The Blue Flame

The King of Ninjas

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,151 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:04 AM

What about Batman using his stealth to sneak in quickly and take out the boss? per say kidnapping him. So he can take him to jail. Rather than fighting all the hired guns and wasting his time when he can cut off the head of the snake. Batman is basically a ninja after all and couldn't he just do that? -Shrug- That's what I would do and I'm fairly sure Batman is smarter than me.

WAIT! If it's at there strongest that means Batman calls in Superman and yay Batman wins helping me win in this round :P       

#11 badpierce

badpierce

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Football, xbox, Sci fi

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:17 AM

What about Batman using his stealth to sneak in quickly and take out the boss? per say kidnapping him. So he can take him to jail. Rather than fighting all the hired guns and wasting his time when he can cut off the head of the snake. Batman is basically a ninja after all and couldn't he just do that? -Shrug- That's what I would do and I'm fairly sure Batman is smarter than me.

WAIT! If it's at there strongest that means Batman calls in Superman and yay Batman wins helping me win in this round :P       

When I first saw this, I thought batman was a shoe in. Taking down crime bosses is what he does. I have always thought of the WS as a spy more then a crime fighter. After reading the posts though you can't argue the logic. Really, how often does batman sneak past the henchmen? Almost never.

#12 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

When I first saw this, I thought batman was a shoe in. Taking down crime bosses is what he does. I have always thought of the WS as a spy more then a crime fighter. After reading the posts though you can't argue the logic. Really, how often does batman sneak past the henchmen? Almost never.

He has actually done that quite often against Penguin and Two Face.  He would bypass the hired help and be waiting in there office.

#13 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:32 AM

Well actually, Winter Soldier could easily do the same thing. He was an assassin, after all, and arguably one of the best. Difference is, he'll be able to do it far faster than Batman with silenced guns and the like.

And Winter Soldier calls in Thor. :P

#14 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

No he doesn't.

#15 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

Black Widow has stated Bucky Barnes to be one of the most dangerous men on the planet.

If this was a non-lethal take down, I'd give it to the Batman. But as is, it's liable to be an assassination for the Winter Soldier and therefore... that take down is much faster and cleaner. :)

Winter Soldier wins.

#16 UMPIRE

UMPIRE

The Ref

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:A fair match. Play ball!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

Match Final Results
Batman: 15
Winter Soldier: 17

#17 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

Looks like a lot of people didn't get past the character's names. Doesn't matter, Winter Soldier still won.

#18 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

It was a close vote so people could have paid attention to the debate that went on. Most people on here said Winter Soldier would win and gave reasons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users