Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

Well, damn. Sorry Megatron. 

#3 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

One or two blasts and Megatron goes bye... bye.

#4 Magnetrex

Magnetrex

Slang for sucks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool and all shooting some b-ball outside of the school.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

Why do robots need to wear spacesuits in outer space? It just doesn't make sense.

#5 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:33 AM

Why do robots need to wear spacesuits in outer space? It just doesn't make sense.

Because

1) Android 18 isn't a Robot, nor is she actually an Android. She's more of a Cyborg. Dr.Gero picked her and her twin bro up as kids and augmented them, and brainwashed them into what they are. I really don't know if he enhanced their bodies to the point where they don't need air, but even then, I bet she could survive a long while in vacuum if she still needed to breath. Being augmented to have increased durability and such, as well as some sort of energy reactor, she could probably survive for a dozen or more min deprived of air and still fight at max.

2) This Megatron is the Beast Wars one, which I don't think could actually fly around... Even though he is a robot, and wouldn't need air, he would still need some sort of Maneuvering Spacesuit. It's either that or have him be forced to founder from rock to rock, which would leave him easy prey for Android 18.

#6 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:37 AM

Eh, the point is moot anyways. UMPIRE matches up the characters and picks the locales at random.

#7 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:39 AM

2) This Megatron is the Beast Wars one, which I don't think could actually fly around...

Actually, BW Megs could fly after he became Transmetal. Whatever the form, though, 18 crushes him like tinfoil.

#8 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:52 AM

It's either that or have him be forced to founder from rock to rock, which would leave him easy prey for Android 18.

As if he isn't already.

#9 Culwych1

Culwych1

Official Match Board Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

Well, I'm definitely pulling my robot character out of this competition if there is a chance he's going against 18. Seems a bit overpowered for the slot description... but yeah, 18 pawns here. 

#10 Venom 2009

Venom 2009

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Godzilla, Monsters/Kaijus, Zeiram, Anime, Digimon, Dragon Ball Z, Ikki Tousen, Sailor Moon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Cartoons, Fan Fictions, Movies, TV Shows, and MST3K.

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

When I was putting together my team, I had Daijinryuu (Serpentera’s Super Sentai Counterpart) in Slot: Processing The Teams Odds. But he got denied because the reviewer said that Daijinryuu was too powerful to be a robot. So why is it that Android 18 can be in that slot, but not Daijinryuu? <_<

#11 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

When I was putting together my team, I had Daijinryuu (Serpentera’s Super Sentai Counterpart) in Slot: Processing The Teams Odds. But he got denied because the reviewer said that Daijinryuu was too powerful to be a robot. So why is it that Android 18 can be in that slot, but not Daijinryuu? <_<

Well, I believe there was more than one reviewer, so it could have been two different people.

#12 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

We had 3 different reviewers. Keep in mind with Android 18 you could also use her in Dragonball GT where she was less powerful then her Android counterpart. Then again I remember she was human. I didn't do Daijinruu and don't know who that is. Doesn't matter now though teams are set.

#13 Venom 2009

Venom 2009

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Godzilla, Monsters/Kaijus, Zeiram, Anime, Digimon, Dragon Ball Z, Ikki Tousen, Sailor Moon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Cartoons, Fan Fictions, Movies, TV Shows, and MST3K.

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

Well, I believe there was more than one reviewer, so it could have been two different people.

But still, the reviewer that was reviewing the team should have done a background check on Android 18, knowing that she is too powerful for that slot. Also, there were other reviewers that could have check the team after it got accepted.

Hell, if DB Androids were ok to use in that slot, I would have gotten Super 17, instead of Soundwave. I know there is no way Soundwave could beat Android 18. I may need to Bench Soundwave, or just hope that he doesn’t fight Android 18.

#14 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

Do you know if reviewers are able to check the teams that other reviewers accept afterwards and make changes? Seriously teams have already been accepted. So just enjoy the Season and have fun.

#15 Venom 2009

Venom 2009

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

Do you know if reviewers are able to check the teams that other reviewers accept afterwards and make changes?

That is what I just said. Why didn’t anyone else look at the team after it got accepted?

#16 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

All we were suppose to do is check out the teams to make sure they fit and accept them. That's it. Complaining about it now is too late since the season began already. I doubt anybody remembers most of the teams they accepted. I only remember two or three. That's about it. I know I denied Kid Goku for somebody's slot  4 or 5 since at a young age he could destroy a city easily since he would have to be used at his most powerful.

Like I said just enjoy the Season and have fun.

#17 Venom 2009

Venom 2009

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

All we were suppose to do is check out the teams to make sure they fit and accept them. That's it. Complaining about it now is too late since the season began already. I doubt anybody remembers most of the teams they accepted. I only remember two or three. That's about it. I know I denied Kid Goku for somebody's slot  4 or 5 since at a young age he could destroy a city easily since he would have to be used at his most powerful.

Like I said just enjoy the Season and have fun.

Look I’m not complaining. I’m just pointing out that it’s unfair that Android 18 can be in that slot, but not Daijinryuu. I know its to late to do anything. Also, I am going to enjoy this Season.

#18 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

Now back to the fight. Can 18 breath in space? If Megatron's suit gets destroyed he would be fine. But would 18? Doesn't matter how long she could survive wouldn't it still be a win for Megatron? Serious question since she was originally human before being made into a cyborg. 18 is a cyborg and part human actually. Which is why she was able to have a daughter.

#19 sithisson

sithisson

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

Now back to the fight. Can 18 breath in space? If Megatron's suit gets destroyed he would be fine. But would 18? Doesn't matter how long she could survive wouldn't it still be a win for Megatron? Serious question since she was originally human before being made into a cyborg. 18 is a cyborg and part human actually. Which is why she was able to have a daughter.

These sort of questions are exactly why the whole idea of worrying of the teams by now is pretty well moot. It's not only the competitors that are needed to be examined when determining a win but the factors of the battle at hand. I'm sure there's regions that fit some characters that would effect others in different ways.I happen to like how the Season is fairing so far no matter of what wins/loss I take; far more variety this time then in the beta sort in terms of challenge and team builds.

Back to the questions at hand I've found some information that says yes she could and some that says survive for a little while but no really can't as to breathing in space.Just sent out a message to a friend who's uber on Dragonball stuff.Still even the competitor's answer would work well for me to make a choice here.

#20 nrdman

nrdman

42*Pi*(Over 9000!)=My Sweetroll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

I know I denied Kid Goku for somebody's slot  4 or 5 since at a young age he could destroy a city easily since he would have to be used at his most powerful.

Curse you!  :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users