Posted Image

#2 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

Just to put some things in perspective, Morlun has the strength to rip through adamentium, survived a barrage of missiles with no signs of injury, and has been hunting totems-or superbeings that have animal characteristics-for centuries.

Morlun beats Kong, hard.

#3 sithisson

sithisson

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

Indeed Morlun is a tough competitor here. This one can be a pretty intense fight though given the terrain is something both can work with greatly. 

#4 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

That's certainly true. Against a less agile competitor, I'd say Kong has an advantage. But Morlun has the speed and agility to keep up with Spiderman. Not to mention he can use the jungle to his advantage. Morlun can track anything he touches once, so after the first blows are landed, he could use hit and run tactics fairly easily. I don't think that will be necessary though, as Morlun is tough enough to take out Kong head on.

#5 sithisson

sithisson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Agreed with the head- on thing. This is one person who'd not falter in the shadow of Kong.

#6 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

Morlun will be feeding well tonight.

#7 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

Kong has high agility, super strength, terrain advantage... but yeah, I don't know that much about Morlun. If this was Kong vs Spidey I would have a better feel for what was going on, but with no familiarity, I'd advise Kong to revert to his ape ways and move to ranged feces based strategy. 

#8 sithisson

sithisson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

Kong has high agility, super strength, terrain advantage... but yeah, I don't know that much about Morlun. If this was Kong vs Spidey I would have a better feel for what was going on, but with no familiarity, I'd advise Kong to revert to his ape ways and move to ranged feces based strategy. 

LOL That would make it amusing at least. Morlun is a strange sort though and well animal/totem killing is his calling. He'd just chalk this up to Kong being another totem to take power from.

#9 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

I think Morlun's the only guy to ever hit Spidey so hard that he couldn't make any comebacks.

#10 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

Morlun wins easily... because he doesn't keel over dead from Pandora's EXTREMELY poisonous atmosphere.

Hydrogen Sulfide FTW

#11 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

Morlun wins easily... because he doesn't keel over dead from Pandora's EXTREMELY poisonous atmosphere.

Hydrogen Sulfide FTW

They do have breathing apparatus. Though, if they do have exterior equipment, that's bound to get knocked off in the fight.

Feces throwing does put Kong temporarily out of Morlun's range, but a little poo won't stop him. All that really accomplishes is pissing off a guy who was sick enough to eat his opponent's eyeball in front of him.

#12 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

They do have breathing apparatus. Though, if they do have exterior equipment, that's bound to get knocked off in the fight.

Yes, but you have a person with Human level of intelligence, who may or may not even need the equipment.

vs

A Giant Monkey...

How long before the monkey takes off the breathing gear, and gets a lungful of Hydrogen Sulfide? Morlun just has to wait and hide... And with the breathing equipment, Kong's not going to be scenting him out anytime soon...

#13 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

Yes, but you have a person with Human level of intelligence, who may or may not even need the equipment.

vs

A Giant Monkey...

How long before the monkey takes off the breathing gear, and gets a lungful of Hydrogen Sulfide? Morlun just has to wait and hide... And with the breathing equipment, Kong's not going to be scenting him out anytime soon...

Hey, I'm totally on the Morlun side of this. Kong loses on all counts, except maybe in shit throwing. Not sure what kind of experience Morlun has with that.

#14 sithisson

sithisson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

Hey, I'm totally on the Morlun side of this. Kong loses on all counts, except maybe in shit throwing. Not sure what kind of experience Morlun has with that.

If he has any sort of experience in that it's probably one of those things to be taken as a off scene sort of implied ability. Still Morlun all of the way regardless. Although to comment on the breathing apparatus thing...that's just one more object for Morlun to target as it would have to be massive to work with Kong's lung power. Unless it's some sort of hi-tech like thing like some sort of nanite injection or something similar. 

#15 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

Feces throwing does put Kong temporarily out of Morlun's range, but a little poo won't stop him. All that really accomplishes is pissing off a guy who was sick enough to eat his opponent's eyeball in front of him.

A little poo? No one's talking about a little poo; Morlun would be swimming in it my friend. That's right, get that image out of your head. 

#16 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

PS, if were supposed to officially use the 'strongest' version of a character then I can use Kong from King Kong vs Godzilla (American version)

king-kong-vs-godzilla-insert-1963.jpg

That's right baby. He doesn't just ride on boats anymore, he stomps cruise liners like leaves. That Kong eats other kongs for nourishment 

#17 badpierce

badpierce

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Football, xbox, Sci fi

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

I might have to call PETA on this match. That poor ape.

#18 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

Kong from KK vs. G is about 150' tall and weight about 25,000 tons. He swung Godzilla around by the tail, suggesting a strength at least in the 100,000 ton lifting range.

His feces would be immense.

#19 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:36 AM

What a load of shit :P

#20 Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:I like reading comics, watching movies, and doing other teenage activities. Football rules.

Star Wars is on my list of favorite movies, along with Matrix and Independence Day.

I am learning to write comic scripts. My goal in life is to become a comic writer for Marvel Comics.

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

PS, if were supposed to officially use the 'strongest' version of a character then I can use Kong from King Kong vs Godzilla (American version)

king-kong-vs-godzilla-insert-1963.jpg

That's right baby. He doesn't just ride on boats anymore, he stomps cruise liners like leaves. That Kong eats other kongs for nourishment 

Considering the slot, I doubt that version's legal. Sorry Deo. If Godzilla's an OH SHIT! button. So is that Kong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users