#21 badpierce

badpierce

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Football, xbox, Sci fi

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:58 AM

Morpheus doesn't usually tire, Smith just kind of beat him. But as we find out, Smith is a whole different animal than anything else in The Matrix, other than Neo. Look at Morpheus' fight with an agent on top of a semi during the second film. That entire sequence lasts like fifteen minutes of him constantly being in action and he isn't really worn out.

Also wasn't Tai Lung's main form of attack using pressure points that didn't work because of Po's size? Morpheus seems to go for more direct force and redirecting a lot of attacks. Anytime Po tries to throw a punch, Morpheus can parry the blow and send him flying.

All of the fights you are talking about happened in the matrix. Even if he knows kung fu outside the matrix, he still has to breath air. Also in real life he is a 50 year old man, in good shape, but still. Pro wins this.

#22 Magnamax

Magnamax

Don't feed him after midnight

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

Why wouldn't this be the Morpheus from within the Matrix?

#23 Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:I like reading comics, watching movies, and doing other teenage activities. Football rules.

Star Wars is on my list of favorite movies, along with Matrix and Independence Day.

I am learning to write comic scripts. My goal in life is to become a comic writer for Marvel Comics.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

If all competitors are at their strongest (as far as slots allow) this should be Matrix Morpheus.

#24 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

Morpheus doesn't usually tire, Smith just kind of beat him. But as we find out, Smith is a whole different animal than anything else in The Matrix, other than Neo. Look at Morpheus' fight with an agent on top of a semi during the second film. That entire sequence lasts like fifteen minutes of him constantly being in action and he isn't really worn out.

Also wasn't Tai Lung's main form of attack using pressure points that didn't work because of Po's size? Morpheus seems to go for more direct force and redirecting a lot of attacks. Anytime Po tries to throw a punch, Morpheus can parry the blow and send him flying.

He tired against Agent Smith in his first fight. Also that Agent I think was inferior to Smith and it was an open space - Morpheus dodged more than he got hits in though - in fact, he got help from Naomi when the Agent knocked him off the back of the truck, it was more of keeping the agent off from The Key rather than actually fighting one on one with him. Even Morpheus has stated the likes of he can't hope to win - though that isn't to detract from his skills but I digress.

Whereas Tai Lung, as I mentioned, is an incredible beast - he thrashed the Kung Fu Masters under Shifu with relative ease and doesn't only rely on pressure points, he relies on insane overpowering blows - which bounced off Po.

So you have to give Po actual credit, aside his being a Panda, you have to take into consideration the 2 movies and the show, his showings, and his actual training - he's definitely got a chance against Morpheus - Morpheus doesn't have all the advantages - Po has just as many against Morpheus.

#25 UMPIRE

UMPIRE

The Ref

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:A fair match. Play ball!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:15 PM

Match Final Results
Po: 13
Morpheus (The Matrix): 16

0 user(s) are reading this topic