6 replies to this topic

#1 Abelincoln1865

Abelincoln1865

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:22 AM

Spider-Man hasn't encountered very many telepaths or telekinetics in his career (compared to Wolverine for instance) he did fight this one villain called Mindworm in ASM #138 who he defeated. I happened to find scans of this particular fight: http://www.comicvine...s/1300-2356787/ He also fought the original X-Men in ASM #282 and broke out of Jean Grey's telekinesis while dealing with a concussion. He also fought Carrion in Spectacular Spider-Man (Vol. 1) #28-31 who had telepathy and telekinesis as well as many other powers though I don't have any scans of that fight. I remember that he fought X-Man (Nate Grey) before, but I think Nate was holding and the scans I found were impossible to read. How is Spider-Man's track record against telepathy and telekinesis?

#2 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

His resistance to mind control is probably off the chart, seeing as how he probably has the strongest willpower in the Marvel Universe. But yeah, now that I think about it, Spider-Man hasn't gone up against much telepathy.

#3 Abelincoln1865

Abelincoln1865

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

I was hoping for more specific examples than speculation, no offense. As I recall he also fought and defeated D'Spayre in Marvel Team-Up #68. Do you guys know anybody else?

#4 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

He also fought a telepath(iirc) that kidnapped Mary Jane.  I don't remember the specific issue, but I think it was before Morlun.

#5 Xenerack5

Xenerack5

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, tv, movies, the rest of the internet and cracking of the wise.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

He was able to resist the effects of Psychoman and the Lisard. He seemed to think it was because of experience.  

#6 Abelincoln1865

Abelincoln1865

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

I just read the issue with the telepath that kidnapped Mary Jane; it seems that that telepaths power's worked symbiotically, he was draining Peter's powers, memories, and emotions with the more pain Peter felt. It looked like Spider-Man resisted as much as he could. Finally last but not certainly not least, he fought Moondragon once. I think it was during the Infinity Crusade because she had the Mind Gem. In any case she didn't try to mind control him because she respected his free will. She did read his mind however, and I don't know how the fight turned out because the scans were incomplete. Anybody know what issue this fight took place in?

#7 Abelincoln1865

Abelincoln1865

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

He also fought this android named the Empathoid which was telepathic in Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man #7-8. I know this might not technically count but he fought the infamous Hypno-Huster several issues later. I think that's just about everybody, thanks fellow board members!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users