132 replies to this topic

#61 catnips47

catnips47

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:03 PM

Your first example (with lightning) takes place in Dragonball.

Heck, even if you don't take that example, look at any other episode in Dragonball. How in the world did the Moon get blown up so many times without any ill effects?! And that happened in the DBZ Universe...

How is this relevant ? Do YOU know what would happen if the moon blew up, or would just guess based on all the theories lingering over the internet.
Because one I found was that there would be very little effect aside from a change in some of the tides times and distances, resulting in some minor coastal changes. The same theory stated that nocturnal creatures would have to evolve, as they rely on the moon to know when to hunt.
What happened to the wolf man in dragonball. He became stuck as a wolf.

#62 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:59 PM

How is this relevant ? Do YOU know what would happen if the moon blew up, or would just guess based on all the theories lingering over the internet.
Because one I found was that there would be very little effect aside from a change in some of the tides times and distances, resulting in some minor coastal changes. The same theory stated that nocturnal creatures would have to evolve, as they rely on the moon to know when to hunt.
What happened to the wolf man in dragonball. He became stuck as a wolf.

Are you really implying that nothing bad would happen if someone blew up the Moon?

WTF.

#63 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts
  • Interests:Shonen anime/manga
    reading/writing fantasy novels
    reading/writing fanfiction

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:10 PM

Are you really implying that nothing bad would happen if someone blew up the Moon?

WTF.

How about I bring some major scientific problems with Marvel, an Earth that supposedly follows the same laws as ours. You take things a bit to seriously.

#64 DataSnake

DataSnake

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:07 PM

How about I bring some major scientific problems with Marvel, an Earth that supposedly follows the same laws as ours. You take things a bit to seriously.

Easy. How about when Hulk pulls tectonic plates together. Logically, he should just pull handfuls off of them, since they are made of rock, not adamantium. Or the time Hulk lifts a mountain, same principle. I have more examples, but you get the idea.

#65 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:01 PM

Easy. How about when Hulk pulls tectonic plates together. Logically, he should just pull handfuls off of them, since they are made of rock, not adamantium. Or the time Hulk lifts a mountain, same principle. I have more examples, but you get the idea.

The Tectonic thing was on Skaar, a different world.

But you can't compare Marvel and DBZ. Apples to Oranges.

For example, on Marvel Earth, regular humans roam the world, there are seven continents, Obama is President of the USA, there's a New York City, Los Angeles, etc, and things tend to follow our own Universe.

On DBZ Earth, aliens, talking pigs, and flying cats roam the Earth along humans, the geography is completely different from our own Earth, West City, Hercule City, etc, and things are just completely different from our own Earth.

Really, it's mindblowing to assume such things...

#66 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:01 PM

There shouldn't be A Hulk, he caught in a Gamma Bomb explosion. The FF would've died of cosmic radiation cancer, not gotten superpowers. There Shouldn't be a Spiderman. Since when does one recessive human genes give hundreds of superpowers? No X-Men. Magic was disproven by scientific laws long ago. If Marvel followed the logical laws of biology and physics the Skrull would be ruling Earth because any civilization smart enough to make and FTL spaceship would've super advanced weapons that would wreck human militaries. The only one I can buy are Captain America (to an extent) and Iron Man. That's if you apply real world logic.

#67 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:04 PM

There shouldn't be A Hulk, he caught in a Gamma Bomb explosion. The FF would've died of cosmic radiation cancer, not gotten superpowers. There Shouldn't be a Spiderman. Since when does one recessive human genes give hundreds of superpowers? No X-Men. Magic was disproven by scientific laws long ago. If Marvel followed the logical laws of biology and physics the Skrull would be ruling Earth because any civilization smart enough to make and FTL spaceship would've super advanced weapons that would wreck human militaries. The only one I can buy are Captain America (to an extent) and Iron Man. That's if you apply real world logic.

I can't buy any of the Z-Fighters.

For pete's sake, there are f#*¥ing Dinosaurs all over the place!

Posted Image

#68 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:08 PM

I can't buy any of the Z-Fighters.

For pete's sake, there are f#*¥ing Dinosaurs all over the place!

Posted Image

I'm just saying you're one to talk, when there are just as many flaws in your fandom and you apply regular laws. At least I haven't resorted to cursing.

EDIT: sorry the Punshier, Kraven and Mysterio pass too.

#69 DataSnake

DataSnake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:12 PM

Obviously, DBZ doesn't take place on our earth. That doesn't mean things like the speed of light, the composition of the atmosphere, the force of gravity, and so forth would be any different. An alternate timeline does not imply different laws of physics.

#70 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:14 PM

Obviously, DBZ doesn't take place on our earth. That doesn't mean things like the speed of light, the composition of the atmosphere, the force of gravity, and so forth would be any different.

In fact they'd have to be the same to support life.

#71 Guest_Ivan_*

Guest_Ivan_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:55 PM

I refuse to get into DBZ discussions but this has just gone from a DBZ argument to a "Does-not-fit-the-observed-data" argument.

In fact they'd have to be the same to support life.

Incorrect. In fact, using the information available from the series, everything from the coefficient of friction to the criteria for standard deviation in evolution operates differently in the DBZ universe. The President of the World is a dog. Acquired Heredity actually exists. Conservation of Mass doesn't. Power sources inexplicably affect local gravity. THE PRESIDENT OF THE WORLD IS A DOG.

Don't tell me that world is the same as ours. Also, the Greek Gods exist outside of time, so the Z characters can literally move billions of times faster than the speed of light and it still wouldn't matter. You just set up a fistfight between twelve twinked-out karate fighters and twelve people who can manipulate causality, and you're arguing AGAINST the group who aren't bound by the laws of cause and effect? Oh, one more thing...

THE PRESIDENT: An elected Leader.
OF THE WORLD: Meaning there is a single global government.
IS A DOG: As in the animal.

#72 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:53 PM

Ivanbomb.

#73 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:53 PM

If you have to turn them into something else you obviously can't beat them in a real fight that's why it's cowardly and Athena won't even get a chance to raise her shield, the gods get *fake word*ed to heck.

So you made this fight knowing that the gods had no chance in a straight fight? And you are calling their main form of fighting(or lack therof) void...

#74 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:05 PM

Obviously, DBZ doesn't take place on our earth. That doesn't mean things like the speed of light, the composition of the atmosphere, the force of gravity, and so forth would be any different. An alternate timeline does not imply different laws of physics.

Extremly incorrect, The Z-Fighters fight at supposed FTL speeds. Now maybe it's just me but I assime they have a greater mass and density then light and air as well, So everyone on planet earth should be dead by there movement alone.

#75 catnips47

catnips47

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:17 PM

I refuse to get into DBZ discussions but this has just gone from a DBZ argument to a "Does-not-fit-the-observed-data" argument.

Incorrect. In fact, using the information available from the series, everything from the coefficient of friction to the criteria for standard deviation in evolution operates differently in the DBZ universe. The President of the World is a dog. Acquired Heredity actually exists. Conservation of Mass doesn't. Power sources inexplicably affect local gravity. THE PRESIDENT OF THE WORLD IS A DOG.

Don't tell me that world is the same as ours. Also, the Greek Gods exist outside of time, so the Z characters can literally move billions of times faster than the speed of light and it still wouldn't matter. You just set up a fistfight between twelve twinked-out karate fighters and twelve people who can manipulate causality, and you're arguing AGAINST the group who aren't bound by the laws of cause and effect? Oh, one more thing...

THE PRESIDENT: An elected Leader.
OF THE WORLD: Meaning there is a single global government.
IS A DOG: As in the animal.

Someone was bitten as a child...............

#76 catnips47

catnips47

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:19 PM

WTF.

Are you implying something bad WOULD happen ?
Prove it.

#77 catnips47

catnips47

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:21 PM

Extremly incorrect, The Z-Fighters fight at supposed FTL speeds. Now maybe it's just me but I assime they have a greater mass and density then light and air as well, So everyone on planet earth should be dead by there movement alone.

That's like saying everyone who has come within 12 yards of hulk should be dead as they would have been heavily infected by high doses of radiation oozing out of him.

#78 DataSnake

DataSnake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:23 PM

As opposed to the Marvel universe, in which a major source of political friction is the presence of superpowered mutants (all of whom experience very different effects from the exact same gene) and the killer robots designed to go after them, radiation causes superpowers instead of cancer, shapeshifting aliens have invaded multiple times, there was a civil war over whether or not the government could control superheroes, and there is a country under the governance of a disfigured mad scientist/sorcerer who wears a metal suit and answers to "Doctor Doom".

The point here is, obviously physics are not EXACTLY the same in fictional universes as in the real one, but the elements that are not shown to be different must be assumed to be the same in order for any meaningful crossover debate to take place. The coefficient of friction and the laws of genetics can be shown to be different in DBZ. The speed at which electricity is conducted cannot.

Also, the Greek Gods exist outside of time, so the Z characters can literally move billions of times faster than the speed of light and it still wouldn't matter. You just set up a fistfight between twelve twinked-out karate fighters and twelve people who can manipulate causality, and you're arguing AGAINST the group who aren't bound by the laws of cause and effect?

There is no evidence for the Greek gods existing outside of time, or being immune to the laws of cause and effect. In fact, if they were, many of their little squabbles would never have happened.

#79 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:25 PM

That's like saying everyone who has come within 12 yards of hulk should be dead as they would have been heavily infected by high doses of radiation oozing out of him.

Do you have a scan that proves the amount of radiation emitting out of Hulk is lethal? if so please show it.

#80 catnips47

catnips47

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:50 PM

Do you have a scan that proves the amount of radiation emitting out of Hulk is lethal? if so please show it.

Hulk is nothing but gamma radiation forced into a human vessel.
His blood, his skin, his tissue is nothing but pure gamma rays.
This means that anyone who has come into contact with his skin, i.e almost everyone in the marvel universe should be infected.

Gamma rays have the shortest wavelength of all waves in the electromagnetic spectrum, and therefore are capable of penetrating to a sub-atomic level, therefore easily able to pass through the skin. It is possible to prevent penetration with large quantities of lead ,1cm of lead reduces an small amount of radiation by 50%. But hulk isn't 'a small amount' is he?

The average human recieves roughly 0.36 centiseiverts per year. 100 centiseiverts will cause hairloss, blood loss, blood change, haemorrhageing and death .By comparison 1Sv(centiseiverrt) is 1kg/joule. How much does hulk way, and how much energy does he put out ?

And thats before he goes world breaker and starts emmiting actual gamma rays.

So unless hulk wears a crap load of led or depleted uranium....which he doesn't, everyone around him should have died long ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users