11 replies to this topic

#1 Boratz

Boratz

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:24 PM

With the recent discussion of "who would be your Avenger?", created by Austo191. I have thought of another question. Who would be your Masters of Evil? Just like the Avengers post, the characters a comic book or graphic novel. They have to be a villian. At least 12 members in your group. Here is my team:

1. Dr. Doom
2. Red Skull
3. Lex Luthor
4. Kingpin
5. Apocalypse
6. Magneto
7. The Joker
8. General Zod
9. Juggernaut
10. Doc Ock
11. Ra's Al Ghul
12. Mr. Sinister
13. The Mandarin
14. Titanium Man
15. The Green Goblin

#2 Austo191

Austo191

Here Comes the Pain!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:WWE, Video Games, Movies, and bringing the pain.

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:48 PM

(1). Dr. Doom
(2). Sandman
(3). Red Skull
(4). Lex Luthor
(5). Joker
(6). Magneto
(7). Doctor Octopus
(8). Darkseid
(9). Thanos
(10). Lobo
(11). Venom
(12). Hydro-Man
(13). Sabertooth
(14). Mystique
(15). Sinestro

#3 darthsketch

darthsketch

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Movies, books, anime, comics, video games, music and pop culture.

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:27 PM

1. Thanos - who every lil' villain dreams of being when they grow up
2. Dr. Doom - the name says it all
3. Lex Luthor - the true Superman in the Nietzschean sense
4. Red Skull - he kills people because they were bad accountants
5. The Joker - do I really need to say anything?
6. Emperor Palpatine - made EVERYONE in the galaxy his b*tch
7. Magneto - the Jewish *uncreative*...how tragically ironic =P
8. M. Bison - purged himself of his humanity for power. 'Nuff said.

Those are really the only ones worth mentioning. No one else comes close to these guys. :lol:

#4 Adam Safran

Adam Safran

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:02 PM

Is the idea being just 'most powerful villains working together' or an actual viable villain team? most often (at least with the teams showing) you haev about eight or nine alphas who would spend most of the time fighting amongst themselves to enforce their own superiority and leadership.. Whereas one might win, at best most of the team would be dead or crippled or fored into servitude and plotting to revolt/backstab at earliest opportunity.

I'll throw out the gimmick of make the most powerful supervillain team you could that actually would work -well- together and be as viable an organization as, say, a group like the Avengers or Justice League, and be able to fight evenly wtih them in terms of leadership, teamwork, and teammates complementing one naother in abilities.

#5 darthsketch

darthsketch

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:34 PM

Is the idea being just 'most powerful villains working together' or an actual viable villain team? most often (at least with the teams showing) you haev about eight or nine alphas who would spend most of the time fighting amongst themselves to enforce their own superiority and leadership.. Whereas one might win, at best most of the team would be dead or crippled or fored into servitude and plotting to revolt/backstab at earliest opportunity.

I'll throw out the gimmick of make the most powerful supervillain team you could that actually would work -well- together and be as viable an organization as, say, a group like the Avengers or Justice League, and be able to fight evenly wtih them in terms of leadership, teamwork, and teammates complementing one naother in abilities.

Eh...I just listed my favorite villains. I doubt the list I put down would function well at all together as a unit.

#6 Adam Safran

Adam Safran

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:39 PM

that makes it a bit more challenging, yeah. But if you have a group of the most powerful villains in existence.. They spen hte first few weeks killing one another and power-stealing and then the heroes come in and beat up the remainder. Making a cross-universal bad guy team that'd be effective is a lot more hcallenging and funner than just making a 'top ten list' of chars.

#7 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:39 PM

My sentiments exactly! I can't see Those Alpha all bent on personal world or Universal conquest They'll all kill each other and save the Goodies some time! LOL

#8 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:If I had any, why would I be on this site?

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:06 AM

Well, the problem is, villains are not fit to work together. What you need is a uber-powerful villain who can enfore his will upon all his "team mates" through force.

This makes it very hard to make a villain team, because anybody that won't try and scheme against the leader will be too weak to be a threat to anybody of real power.

Making super-villain teams a failure in practice. The only real success story for a super-villain team would be the Secret Society of Infinite Crisis, but that was because there wasn't really any REALLY ALPHA BIG villain who was smart enough or strong to challenge Alexander Luthor's genius.

#9 darthsketch

darthsketch

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:55 AM

Well, the problem is, villains are not fit to work together. What you need is a uber-powerful villain who can enfore his will upon all his "team mates" through force.

This makes it very hard to make a villain team, because anybody that won't try and scheme against the leader will be too weak to be a threat to anybody of real power.

Making super-villain teams a failure in practice. The only real success story for a super-villain team would be the Secret Society of Infinite Crisis, but that was because there wasn't really any REALLY ALPHA BIG villain who was smart enough or strong to challenge Alexander Luthor's genius.

Exactly.

#10 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:57 PM

What about the Sinister Six?

They're basically family. Or Baron Zemo's Masters of Evil?

#11 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:42 PM

1. Doctor Doom- Leader
2. Purple Man- Keeps all the other villains except Doom in check.
3. Juggernaut- Muscle
4. Abombination- Muscle
5. Baron Zemo- Lieutenant
6. Sandman- Muscle
7. Sabretooth- Shocktrooper
8. Doc Ock- Brains
9. Magneto- Lieutenant
10. Mister Sinister- Brains
11. Venom- Shocktrooper
12. Carnage- Shocktrooper
13. Super-Skrull- Lieutenant
14. Red Skull- Tactics
15. Bullseye- Long-range support

#12 chaos-with-honor

chaos-with-honor

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:I am a martial arts instructor, a minister, a peer counselor, and a father of four.<br /><br />7th Dan Black Belt - Bushi-Kai Jukendo-Ryu Karate<br />5th Dan Black Belt - American Kenpo Karate<br />1st Dan Black Belt - Aikido Jiujitsu<br />Instructor's Credits - Five Elements Five Animals Kung Fu<br />Instructor's Credits - Muay Thai Kick Boxing<br />Brown Belt - Judo<br />Brown Belt - Matsukazi-Ryu Jiujitsu<br />Brown Belt - Small Circle Jiujitsu<br />3rd Level practitioner of Dim Mak<br /><br />Amature Wrestler<br />Amature Boxer<br />Amature Kickboxer<br />Amature MMA Fighter

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:44 PM

1. Dr. Doom - Leader
2. Deathstroke, the Terminator - Tactical

I can actually see some mutual respect from these two.

3. Zoom - Early warning system
4. Despero - Mentalist / Muscle
5. Juggernaut - Muscle / guy keeping Despero in line
6. Joker - Unforseen circumstances expert / Shock and Awe
Carnage Symbiote - Sonic bombardment pounds it off of Cassidy and it is released in the room with Joker.
Not really a pick in and of itself, but enough to warrant some attention.

7. Gideon - there's nothing quite like using your opponent's powers aginst them, especially if you can do it better than they can. Immortality doesn't hurt either.
8. Dr. Polaris - I would have chosen Magneto, but he's a little too Malcom X for a group effort.
9. Molecule Man - Prior to Secret Wars of course.
10. KGBeast - He's got to need a job now that the Soviet Union fell, right?
11. Sinestro - 'Cause he's Sinestro.
12. Mojo Jojo - Because he does have a great intellect, access to some very interesting artifacts, and - above all - with this many Egos in one room, they need a spastic monkey to
lighten the mood every now and then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users