Photo

I own 10 acres on the moon....you can too!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

Way too drunk to care

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Doing butt naked cartwheels

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

Crazy man gets a divorce in 1980, loses all of his money, and claims ownership of the moon, Mars, and Venus.

http://www.vice.com/...moon-since-1980

After reading about this man who has become a millionaire by saying he owns the f*cking moon and other s*hit, you can go here and buy some god d*mn space property yourself!

http://www.moonestates.com/

'Murica!

#2 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

Woooah, thats like... the FUUUUUUTURE!

#3 Sincere Poet

Sincere Poet

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

That might come in handy this lifetime.

#4 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Bowling, reading

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

Lol cool

Although, I don't think any government will really acknowledge it as official when it comes times to when (if) we ever colonize the moon, even though no government has really addressed it or acknowleged it (at least from what the article says), since it's pretty much nothing more than a novelty really.

#5 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

I own Europa, I sent in a letter and all. Nobody said I didn't own it, so it's mine now. Now somebody help me defend my legal right against squatters and nuke the possible lifeforms under all my ice.

#6 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

Legally though you can't own stuff in space, there are already two treaties, the Outer Space Treaty from 1967 and the Moon Treaty from 1979 prohibit such practices. Of course, some countries have signed those treaties and others have not, and there could be legal loopholes (the first one states that no state can own extraterrestrial property, but doesn't say individual cannot, etc.) but you also can't just claim land like that. You've got to have intent to occupy, which is impossible for a private citizen at the time.

I wonder though, if through some insane legal battles you can will your land titles on the Moon to your children, they to their children, and so on and so forth, until at some point it is legal to own land on the Moon (because you can live there), will the laws be a retroactive acknowledgement of the family deeds to 50% of the Moon bought for 3 cents back in the summer of 21.

If that's the case, then I'm buying all the stars in one of the arms of the Milky Way and my future descendants will be rich as they collect the solar tax on those billion stars and Dyson Sphere-ing rights.

#7 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:31 PM

then I'm buying all the stars in one of the arms of the Milky Way and my future descendants will be rich as they collect the solar tax on those billion stars and Dyson Sphere-ing rights.

Assuming another space faring alien culture hasn't already done that, and their fleet of moving vehicles are already on their way to the Sol System to claim their right to it. I mean, they Said they owned it, and there was nobody around to disagree with them. Well, at least anyone within their local systems government that said they couldn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users