• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:I like reading comics, watching movies, and doing other teenage activities. Football rules.

Star Wars is on my list of favorite movies, along with Matrix and Independence Day.

I am learning to write comic scripts. My goal in life is to become a comic writer for Marvel Comics.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

What do the ranks for Evolution represent? What's the difference between Standard and Superior. I'm fine with the older powers, but some of the newer more ambiguous powers have me stumped.

#2 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

Good question. If I were to classify them,

Standard: Necessity only adaptations. Gills to avoid drowning, skin flaps between arms and torso to avoid falling to death, etc. If an increase in strength was necessary for survival, reaction would cause roughly 1,000 lbs of increased strength.

Superior: Utility and minor offense based evolutions. Monkey like features for climbing, wings for flying, claws for attacking. Limited adaptation on command. If strength were considered, a few tons increased power.

Supreme: Greater control over adaptation. Multiple adaptations at once. Reactive adaptations are near instant. Regarding strength, between 10 tons and upwards of 20 possible.

Ultimate: Full command over adaptations. Reactive adaptations are performed faster than can be observed. Regarding strength, in excess of 20 tons more than possible.

Don't think that's perfect, but it may be helpful.

#3 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

New FPL? Whatever you want, man. It's open 

#4 Nihlium

Nihlium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:Those things.You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, all of that stuff.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

These should help......maybe Evolution Manipulation Evolution. But in the end its just like Psuedo says, whatever you want.

#5 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

I'm going to kick Pseudonym in the face if he keeps saying whatever you want to everything.

#6 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

Go ahead and kick Pseudonym. You can do whatever you want.

#7 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

New FPL? Whatever you want, man. It's open 

One might say... the FPL has evolved.  Hehe, I slay myself.

BTW, spawn more Overlords. 

#8 Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:I like reading comics, watching movies, and doing other teenage activities. Football rules.

Star Wars is on my list of favorite movies, along with Matrix and Independence Day.

I am learning to write comic scripts. My goal in life is to become a comic writer for Marvel Comics.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

I get that the powers and ranks are more of a framework, and I like that about the FPL. However, the ranks should still serve as some kind of guidelines. I all ready know what I'm doing with the power, I just need to know about how many points it'll cost me.

#9 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

I get that the powers and ranks are more of a framework, and I like that about the FPL. However, the ranks should still serve as some kind of guidelines. I all ready know what I'm doing with the power, I just need to know about how many points it'll cost me.

You could do the character write-up and post a draft before you actually submit. It's par for the course around here really.

#10 The Rookie

The Rookie

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

it's awesome, it allowed me to make Felix some imbalanced freak (if the FPL were a game set by things like "rules")

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users