Posted Image

#2 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

I think Black Alice can pretty much just take Blake's powers and use them against him though she's not as experienced with them.

#3 Jeremi

Jeremi

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

Yeah I think this depends on pretty much what powers she gets once the fight starts.

#4 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

@Ethan/Jeremi: Yeah, that's likely possible especially if stealing nearby powers is something she's going to do off the bat. To go on that tangent the only thing I could say would be that a Merlinian sorcerer needs a ring or other source to focus their magic through so that could at least hinder her. Though if anyone could clarify specifics on Black alice's power that'd be nice. One wiki example has her stealing Alan Scott's power(I can only assume his power ring, though details would be helpful) so if she can bypass that technicality then I got nothing.

As for powers she'd take, basic matter transmutation. The guys primarily use things like fireballs and plasma bolts as projectiles through focusing their powers. Balthazar and the main bad guy are very experienced in their powers and are able to give things sentinence and work for them(ex. wolves out of a calendar picture, the brazen bull and a Chrystler building eagle being brough tto life). We see other powers used in the film, but if experience matters or she needs to get used to it then I wouldn't see her use anything past those examples at best.

Without magic Balthazar's not exactly a pushover combatwise, but far from DC peak human examples. He could play defensive, especially know what she could likely do,  but as it stands other than letting her tire out or ruining her focus(again, if that's possible) he might not have a lot of options.

#5 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

Some of those whose powers she has taken include:

Black Alice has the ability to borrow the powers of any magical being for a short while, Black Alice must also be able to see the person to borrow their specific powers, or she may end up with anybody's magic ablity. Black Alice has been shown to take two peoples powers at once, and use her own magic abilities. Alice mentions that the degree of control she has over her powers stand in direct contrast with the level of magician she steals them from .The more powerful magical powers, the harder they are to control. She has virtually no innate knowledge of the powers she obtains. When she attempted to heal her father with Raven's healing powers, she ended up giving him cancer accidentally.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm pretty positive Blake could give her extreme difficulty if she takes his powers anyways. If she chooses someone else, it's up in the air.

EDIT: Actually his magic might be the easiest for her to control compared to the list.

#6 Betterman

Betterman

Bane of CBUB's existence

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

Black Alice for win.

#7 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

Does Alice copy powers, or take away powers? If she's only copying, then I see no reason someone who is actually experienced with those powers shouldn't win. If she takes powers away, then she obviously wins.

#8 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

Does Alice copy powers, or take away powers? If she's only copying, then I see no reason someone who is actually experienced with those powers shouldn't win. If she takes powers away, then she obviously wins.

She takes powers away.

#9 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

Then Blake is screwed.

#10 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

She doesn't need to steal his powers to win.

She used to have to see the person/being to steals his/her/it's powers, but she lost that limitation some time ago.

She can just take the powers of someone whose powers she has experience with, and can control.

#11 UMPIRE

UMPIRE

The Ref

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:A fair match. Play ball!

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

Match Final Results
Black Alice: 10
Balthazar Blake: 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic