• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

I honestly can't believe this thing hasn't gotten bigger hype, especially around here:

http://www.internati.../w/warindep.htm

A huge comic book series encompassing several other comic series taking part, it stars the likes of superstars like Gumby, Cerebus the Aardvark, the Tick, as well as the more obscure, like Too Much Coffee Man, Ms. Victory and Captain Canuck. The main heroes and villains are from Dave Ryan (The writer)'s own series, Penace, who open portals around the Omniverse to recruit other great heroes. There is also apparently an original villain who is causing chaos around the Omniverse, and is looking for Thor (Original Mythology, not Marvel)'s hammer and belt for unknown reasons.

There is also a Kickstarter, where high paying backers get rewarded with the chance to have their own characters included, whether the characters have been officially published or not.

If that's not epic, then I don't know what is. I seriously advise you check this out. I haven't read any issues myself, since I have never found any in any comic shops or newsagents.

I like how in various interviews, Ryan just walked up to the creators and asked them and they just said yes. Just like that! Unless it's for some kind of charity program like Peter Kay's All-Star Band, it's very rarely that simple. Methinks Ryan may have done a little... bribing. Hmm...

#2 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

That's a awesome idea. The news is always mainly focused on the bigger companies which is why this really hasn't gotten as much attention as it should. A lot of those character though I still have to read their comics. I've only checked out a few independent comics. I'm happy Cassie Hack is in there.

Something this huge needs to be 12 issues like Crisis on Infinite Earths so you can have more heroes and villains from all over interact.

#3 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

Apparently it will be divided up into sections. For example, the second issue is all about classic Golden Age heroes, the third issue is all about black superheroes, etc.

#4 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:27 AM

Still kinda weird how everyone in the comic is taking everything seriously when the Tick is next to them yelling 'SPOOOOON!" all the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users