Great Wall of Carnage
Posted Image

#2 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

Hmm, this ones actually...very random :P. Umm, I believe the opening argument is the devimite beam. And yeah...Mantis has done some freaky shit over his life. If that beam hits he would go down.

Now the problem is hitting Psycho mantis.

^The episode opener shows a nice demonstration of the technique. While the speed of the thing is debatable, the spiraling might be a problem but the wiki of it does state that it is feasibly dodegable; Goku doesn't really make an effort to doge it either time(the lucky dumbass), I make that assumption if for no other reason than he's standing around slack-jawed watching the pretty colors. No comment on the warmup time for it or his other abilities, as I'm not sure if he stacks up with any real DB fighters from the video(my suggestion would be no).

The dodgeable point I bring up because Psycho Mantis is sort of a telepath. Unless the devil man knows to plug the controller into port 2 then Mantis is very much in the guys head, and trippy Kojima-esque mindgames(pun intended) are gonna ensue. By the time devilman figures out Mantis' game then he might not be able to overcome him. He's gonna be able to avoid any attack simply cause he knows what Devimite's gonna do. Also Mantis has Telekinesis which he can use to great extent by flinging things his way and the guy doesn't seem all that durable, not by Dragonball standards anyways. Mantis hardly has to get anywhere near the guy to win in this situation.

#3 Venom 2009

Venom 2009

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Godzilla, Monsters/Kaijus, Zeiram, Anime, Digimon, Dragon Ball Z, Ikki Tousen, Sailor Moon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Cartoons, Fan Fictions, Movies, TV Shows, and MST3K.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

Here is information on Spike's attack: the Devilmite Beam: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Devilmite_Beam

#4 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

Oh, I didn't mean that I didn't know about the attack I did check the wiki. But uh, it just seems to say the attack is dodgeable and goes into details over what the attack would amplify. My argument is that Mantis could easily avoid the attack and dish out enough to take down devilman.

#5 Venom 2009

Venom 2009

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Godzilla, Monsters/Kaijus, Zeiram, Anime, Digimon, Dragon Ball Z, Ikki Tousen, Sailor Moon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Cartoons, Fan Fictions, Movies, TV Shows, and MST3K.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

Oh, I didn't mean that I didn't know about the attack I did check the wiki. But uh, it just seems to say the attack is dodgeable and goes into details over what the attack would amplify. My argument is that Mantis could easily avoid the attack and dish out enough to take down devilman.

I wasn’t responding to your first post. I was just posting the link of the attack. But the video you posted also helps.

So sorry about that.

#6 Jeremi

Jeremi

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

This is one of my favorite random match-ups so far.

#7 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

Ah my bad, I thought otherwise so we're both in the wrong. S"ok man, we're on the same page now

@Jeremi- Yeah for sure.

#8 UMPIRE

UMPIRE

The Ref

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:A fair match. Play ball!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

Match Final Results
Spike The Devil Man: 4
Psycho Mantis: 13