Posted Image

#2 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

Cool matchup. This one should get more rep.

#3 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

Doomguy has waded through evil's best and he laughed as he did it.

#4 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

Bigfuckingun-9000 ftw

#5 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

Fatman.

#6 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

Fatman.

Touche

#7 sithisson

sithisson

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

On one  hand the Doomguy does have an impressive arsenal. I'm sure i can equally argue that my guy has the same such as the Fatman, Nuka Bombs and the like. However I do think the terrain can come into play more on the Courier's side then anything else. After all lots of mountainous terrain in the New Vegas game that has to be navigated and fought on especially against those czadroes(sp?:shrugs), those poisonous buggers that tend to swarm pretty quickly. Add on the face off with those Super Mutant sorts on Big Mountain and that one town that they live in being pretty high altitude area and I think he has the advantage battlefield wise to take this.

#8 Culwych1

Culwych1

Official Match Board Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

IMO this is a clear win for Doomguy - the arsenal is superior, especially taking BFG into account and his endurance and skill is also up there. This guy has taken on enemies who shrug off rocket launchers in the face and battled through hell itself. Give it up for the bad-ass himself.  

#9 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

Aye, the Courier might be able to best Doomguy in close combat but unless the Courier can dodge  the shots from the BFG9000, he's going down.

#10 sithisson

sithisson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

I don't know considering the Couier himself takes on creatures that can tank missiles aimed at their faces.He's also fast enough to be dealing with that bomb attack coming from the Boomers to the point that he's the only one they've seem to have seen pulled it off.

Who's to say he'd place himself in the spot of getting shot by that gun? One can obtain a snipe gun in game so there is no reason he could not hold himself up hidden, possibly by use of a Stealth Boy, for the few seconds it would take to pull off a few shots. Espeically that the terrain is something he's familiar with dealing in and battling on.

#11 JLopez

JLopez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

Idk, doom guy took on the rock O.o

#12 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

While those are very valid points and I'd be lying if I said, if their roles were reversed, the Courier with his arsenal could take on some of what Doomguy took on. But, notice how I say some. One of the best armor that the Courier can get is the Stealth Suit MK II which while it does do a damn good job of hiding the Courier, the AI that comes with the armor is very talkative and might give away the Courier's postion to Doomguy, who should have his powerups as that would make him the strongest 'version' and so if the Courier is spotted and has to get into close range with Doomguy, he's getting turned into pulp as Doomguy can even one-shot and gib demons while using the Berserk power up.

Oh, and if you wanna talk invisbility, Doomguy also has a powerup called Partial Invisbility which while it might not last as long as the stealth boy, it does even the playing field somewhat. Doomguy also isn't stupid, being a trained marine and if he does have a hard time spotting the Courier, he can just use the Megasphere to block the Courier's shots until it passes. He also has the invulnerability powerup. So yes Doomguy takes this. ^_^

#13 sithisson

sithisson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

Fair ideas for the Doomguy. Of course in that same DLC you get that armor you can also get the tri-radi-accentaour allowing regen which could at least prolong the fight a little longer.

#14 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

Aye, I'd agree with you on that as well. But, like I said, the Doomguy doesn't have to go out and find the Courier. He can just use the Megasphere to block the Courier's shots and then figure out where they're coming from/along with hearing the armor yapping on, and I haven't played the DLC yet due to a XBOX Live mishap, but the Courier could be turned into a cyborg iirc? If that's the case, it might take more than one punch in Berserk mode to take him down, but once Doomguy gets his hands on him, it's good night for the Courier. And then, Doomguy goes on to take down the Legion all by himself. :)

#15 UMPIRE

UMPIRE

The Ref

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:A fair match. Play ball!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

Match Final Results
Doomguy: 13
The Courier: 5

#16 sithisson

sithisson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

Aye, I'd agree with you on that as well. But, like I said, the Doomguy doesn't have to go out and find the Courier. He can just use the Megasphere to block the Courier's shots and then figure out where they're coming from/along with hearing the armor yapping on, and I haven't played the DLC yet due to a XBOX Live mishap, but the Courier could be turned into a cyborg iirc? If that's the case, it might take more than one punch in Berserk mode to take him down, but once Doomguy gets his hands on him, it's good night for the Courier. And then, Doomguy goes on to take down the Legion all by himself. :)

Legion? Nah he can take House down if he wanted to I suppose; Bound to be doing that this run through after doing the DLC. As to the cyborg indeed he can become something akin to having implants and cybernetic parts. In that particular  download he's actually without a brain, heart, or spine. You are essentially a computer enhanced character that gets plus in some fields, not able to be poisoned for one thing and also being able to carry a good amount of stuff, but at the same time you'd be looked at differently from the other factions in the game. 

I can imagine this fight here being part of that whole Wild Wasteland perk and being an encounter not normal to the Fallout universe lol... I can even see this being the case where the Mysterious Stranger might even make an appearance due to the level of danger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users