3 replies to this topic

#1 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

Previously: After Megatron’s abandonment of the Decepticons, Starscream took over. He created an alliance of the Renegade faction of the GoBots and sought to eliminate Sounwave.

Soundwave escaped and killed King Mondo thus taking over the Machine Empire. He also made an alliance with the Zentraedi Miriya who had suffered at the hands of The Insecticons. They attacked and Soundwave concentrated on the Renegades while Miriya dueled it out with Starscream.

There was no point sitting here waiting for Soundwave to get him. This was the Renegades problem. Let them deal with him.

That was Starscream’s line of thinking as he blasted through the hull and flew through his self made exit.

As soon as he was clear of the ship, he transformed and began his journey back to Cybertron.

He of course didn’t have the energy to make it all the way back there, but someone on patrol would find him and arrange to finish the journey.

A scan behind him indicated that he was being chased.

“What are you doing Zentraedi?!” Starscream bellowed. “The Decepticons have no quarrel with your kind!”

“Surrender the Insecticons and you’ll have no trouble from me!” Miriya promised.

“I will do no such thing!” Starscream shouted back.

He felt no particular loyalty to the Insecticons. No one really liked them so there would be no backlash if he did comply. But he just couldn’t let himself be commanded by Soundwave’s new ‘girlfriend’.

At first, Starscream wondered why she wasn’t attacking. As he turned around to face her, he understood that she was still locking on. When the missiles came, Starscream was impressed at the effort it took to evade them.

“Very good, Zentraedi! Very good!” The Decepticon said mockingly. “Now see how a real flyer locks a target!”

He shot off two missiles. Miriya blasted them out of existence and came right at him.

Zentraedi were roughly the same size as an average Cybertronian. Their battle mecha and their power armor, like the one that Miriya was wearing, made them noticeably bigger.

Starcream wouldn’t admit to being intimidated when she was right on him, reaching out to snag him, but he Transformed and swatted her hand away and converted back to plane mode and pulled away.

When there was some distance, he went back to robot mode and wildly volleyed away dozens of null rays. Being impressed was an understatement as Miriya dodged them all. She even managed some return fire in which Starscream suffered a hit.

He screamed, which was music to Miriya’s ears. Her missiles were locked on and she was ready to end him when…

“Wait!” Starscream cried. The pain and the pleading not hidden in his voice. “I can tell you where the Insecticons are! I can even set them up so that you can ambush them!”

Miriya listened.

“They won’t suspect a thing and you can destroy them at your leisure!”

“Bring them now.” Miriya demanded.

“Let me set it up properly!” Starscream continued to implore. “As disgusting as they are, they’re still dangerous!”

“I won’t wait.” Said Miriya.

Suddenly, Starscream’s cowardly demeanor changed.

“You’ve already waited too long!”

The whole time that he had been begging for his life, negotiating mercy, he had been moving in closer.  Her missiles were still locked on, no doubt, but he had lulled her into dropping her guard. The Zentraedi had become more interested in what her enemy was offering than in destroying him.

When he was sure that he would be successful, Starscream blasted her several times with his null ray.

Miriya howled as she fell to the ship in which they had both flown away from.

For the most part, the Cogs were destroying the Renegade fighters. Gobots were far inferior to Cybertronians. Two of the three whom Soundwave had battled before- Coptur and Crasher- were holding their own.      The Renegades leader, Cy-Kill, was also displaying some combat worth.

Soundwave was about to initiate the rematch with them when his Zentraedi accomplice, Miriya, crashed through the roof.

Her Quadrino armor was in poor shape and the Zentraedi herself didn’t seem conscious.

A moment later, Starscream flew down. He landed triumphantly beside his vanquished foe and made a robust announcement.

“I’ve put down your girlfriend, Soundwave! And you know these Machine Empire drones are no match for me! Why don’t we settle this once and for all?”

“Agreed.” Soundwave said coldly. He stepped forward and Starscream shouted at the surviving Renegades. “Now! Blast him!”

“Hold!” Cy-Kill countered.

“What?!” cried Starscream. “This is your chance to destroy him?”

“This is your chance, Starscream.” Cy-Kill amended. “Let’s see how capable you are of disposing of one of your rebels.” The challenging smirk showed brightly on his face.

Starscream fumed. “I’ll show you!” He stood off with Soundwave. “I’ll show you all!”

Fight Parameters

Duel to the death.

Generation 1 version of both characters

No cassettes for Soundwave.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

Learn More About
Starscream
Read more about Starscream at Wikipedia
Official Site: Hasbro Links: Wikipedia Entry Starscream Fanlisting IDW's Transformers page

Soundwave
Read more about Soundwave at Wikipedia
Official Site: Hasbro Links: Wikipedia Entry - Soundwave TFArchive - Soundwave Teletraan-1 - Soundwave

#3 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

Excellent fight and this is one I didn't even think about myself. Starscream has some serious firepower, very fast when flying in the air, and is smart with his attack. Soundwave is smarter, one of the most deadliest ground-based Decepticons, uses stealth surprise attacks very well, and has some powerful weapons himself he made. Problem is Starscream can take to the skies and bombard Soundwave. Soundwave only option would be to try to put up a fight or retreat. Soundwave won't blast Starscream out the sky and Starscream knows battling Soundwave on the ground where he has the advantage is the wrong choice. Good setup.

#4 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:26 AM

Good set-up and recap, leroy. 

This is a battle of classic G1 bad guys. G1 Starscream's shtick is that while he's not necessarily one of the most powerful Decepticons, he's definitely one of the craftiest. His problem here is that G1's Soundwave is also one of the craftiest 'Cons while also being one of the most powerful. On top of that, Soundwave, being the secretive spy/communications guy that he is, probably knows a good deal more about what 'Scream is capable of than the other way around.

If any of Soundwave's cassette sidekicks were around, Starscream could've perhaps held one hostage to use against Soundwave, but it would've also been likely that a cassette 'bot would hasten 'Scream's defeat. Despite it all, though, between 'Scream's potential usefulness and his sniveling, Soundwave just might decide not to finish him off. 

Excellent fight and this is one I didn't even think about myself. Starscream has some serious firepower, very fast when flying in the air, and is smart with his attack. Soundwave is smarter, one of the most deadliest ground-based Decepticons, uses stealth surprise attacks very well, and has some powerful weapons himself he made. Problem is Starscream can take to the skies and bombard Soundwave. Soundwave only option would be to try to put up a fight or retreat. Soundwave won't blast Starscream out the sky and Starscream knows battling Soundwave on the ground where he has the advantage is the wrong choice. Good setup.

Actually, G1's Soundwave can fly in robot mode, too. Maybe not as nimbly as 'Scream in jet mode, but probably enough for Starscream to think twice about an all-airborne assault.

#5 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
FoxFingers gives it a grade of: A
patrickthekid gives it a grade of: B
Venom 2009 gives it a grade of: A
DSkillz gives it a grade of: B Good recap, story, and matchup.
bigballerju gives it a grade of: B
SCORE
Starscream: 8
Soundwave: 7
FPA: 3.4

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Starscream, Soundwave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users