Photo
- - - - -

1:2 - Xena: Warrior Princess vs. Smiley Predator

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

Eh, I think the god-killing thing is really moot. Xena only really seemed to be able to exhibit any extra abilities (blocking/deflecting blasts, etc.) against the gods themselves..

I disagree. On some shows she had trouble with half a dozen warriors but on others she could kill dozens and hardly break a sweat. Her skills were entirely governed by the rule of cool.

Those abilities were also only temporary. Once Xena moved to kill the Archangel Michael, she was stripped of her powers on the spot. Believe it or not, though, Michael actually had it coming, IIRC.

And, logically that should have been the end of it. But in a later episode she defeated Odin, and effortlessly at that. :blink:

I think Xena and Hercules got together and beat the crap out of logical consistency early in their careers.

#22 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

I think it was a progressive thing. I just watched the first season of Xena and there wasn't much to think she was anything other than human. I think it was the later seasons where we see some more superhuman(?) feats from her.

#23 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

I disagree. On some shows she had trouble with half a dozen warriors but on others she could kill dozens and hardly break a sweat. Her skills were entirely governed by the rule of cool.

Eh, that often depended on the relative skill of the warriors she was fighting.

And, logically that should have been the end of it. But in a later episode she defeated Odin, and effortlessly at that. :blink:

That was a more comedic episode. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users