• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 skykorean

skykorean

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • Interests:Video games,Comics, World of Darkness, and still god...deal with it.

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:11 PM

Brolly he funny if he the most powerful anime character then how did he die to the Z fighters

#22 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:27 PM

That Brolly clip is awfully vague and open to interpretation. Since that galaxy is rotating on its axis awfully fast, are we looking at some time-lapsed video of the solar system? And if that's the case, how long is it taking Brolly to destroy that galaxy? If we assume this is a sped-up depiction, he isn't "shatering" the galaxy in a few seconds. Depending on how much time lapses in that scene (days, months, years?), can you really say "Brolly destroyed a galaxy and can do it in the middle of a fight?" Given the right amount of time, almost any fictional character with powers can pull that off.

Then again, it could be a real time depiction. But the problem that arises is that it isn't clearly illustrated. There's conflicting information that makes the amount of time debatable. Therefore, I don't think this is very good evidence to prove one way or another whether Brolly is a "galaxy buster," since that term implies he can do it within the context of a real-time fight.

True, once you pointed out the rotation, the ambiguity crept into it. Though, I believe that the intention of it was to be in real time. But the same cannot be said for the Galaxy that Buu blew up, which wasn't shown to be spinning, as well, in the foreground planets blowing up were shown to emphasize the time scale.

Cut to about one minute into it for Galaxy Bust.

As for a continuation of this discussion, I've stated that I don't think DBZ is the strongest out there. But I do think they're pretty damn high on the scale. As such I would think that despite the no-show of feats, the assumed power level (not the questionable numbers, but the actual power of the fighter) of Vegito should match some of the higher tiered anime characters discussed here.

#23 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:12 PM

True, once you pointed out the rotation, the ambiguity crept into it. Though, I believe that the intention of it was to be in real time. But the same cannot be said for the Galaxy that Buu blew up, which wasn't shown to be spinning, as well, in the foreground planets blowing up were shown to emphasize the time scale.

Cut to about one minute into it for Galaxy Bust.

As for a continuation of this discussion, I've stated that I don't think DBZ is the strongest out there. But I do think they're pretty damn high on the scale. As such I would think that despite the no-show of feats, the assumed power level (not the questionable numbers, but the actual power of the fighter) of Vegito should match some of the higher tiered anime characters discussed here.

Yeah, but...Goku...a galaxy buster? You yourself did a math equation that stated that SS4 Gogeta could, at most, create a blast only several hundred light years in diameter...

#24 catnips47

catnips47

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:13 PM

To both I could just say Goku from DBZ... Why not back up your arguments?

Like me saying Goku... In terms of raw power he could beat them both, quite easily too.

How, you ask?

First off, Earl. From previous debates I have had with Zreth about him, I have come to the conclusion that only God Like entities have the power to hurt him. Not just in power but because of the type of power that they use, in his own universe it is called Innocents.

Now the DBZ'verse Gods are the Kai's, and what do they use? Ki... What does Goku use? Ki... So Goku should then have the ability to fight Earl with his Ki and hurt him with it. Since he as a SSJ3 was par in power with a Galaxy Buster that means that he should easily be able to wtfpwn Earl in power. Then there's always the Spirit Bomb which is a ball of pure good designed specifically to kill evil beings...

Now Luffy... Really? I though you'd get the point when I said Goku was a Galaxy Buster... Nuff Said...

But the big thing is though that Goku is not the Strongest in Anime, nor is DBZ the most powerful. But with my argument I have just proven that Goku is on a higher level of power than the two mentioned.

(standing behind skirmisher)
YEA!........

#25 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 26 November 2009 - 01:22 AM

Yeah, but...Goku...a galaxy buster? You yourself did a math equation that stated that SS4 Gogeta could, at most, create a blast only several hundred light years in diameter...

I know... This is where Canon and Logic collide. Rasonably with the stated progression of power they really shouldn't be able to bust a galaxy with Raw explosive power alone. If you want my take on how they did it, it would probably be something similar to Buu's Extinction Attack, but here he would launch hundreds of Billions of Star Killing Ki blasts and target each and every Star in a Galaxy. Thereby surgically Busting the Galaxy by killing everything that makes it up.

#26 catnips47

catnips47

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:45 AM

I know... This is where Canon and Logic collide. Rasonably with the stated progression of power they really shouldn't be able to bust a galaxy with Raw explosive power alone. If you want my take on how they did it, it would probably be something similar to Buu's Extinction Attack, but here he would launch hundreds of Billions of Star Killing Ki blasts and target each and every Star in a Galaxy. Thereby surgically Busting the Galaxy by killing everything that makes it up.

When people refer to a galaxy bust, I assume they mean instantly.

I've always pictured a few ki blasts the simply penetrate the core of a planet or star, destroy it, and move on to destroy another, and another.

However, technically, any character over friezas power, has the potential to destroy a galaxy, a universe even. As long as you can destroy a planet effortlessly, you can destroy a universe.
Take kid buu, in 278, he destroys a good 8 planets in about 15 minutes - just to smoke out characters. If he felt like it, he could easily just It to a planet, destroy it, It to next, destroy. You then have to take into account the size of the blast and the planet's respective neighbour, as there's a good chance they'd be caught in the blast also.

Then there's broly who I assume caused a chain reaction of explosions

Finally, Omega, theoretically, he can destroy a galaxy, or kill it. He could just expand his negative energy at a constant stream to slowly choke each planet and star to death - it would take a while, but eventually it would get the job done.

Those are my theories anyway.

#27 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:36 PM

not true how about naruto he is human luffy human negi human ,most anime characters are human that got strong by training or obtaining power

and if we are talking about goku yes he is not human but he can die so i am pretty sure it can work because death note is use for shigami to extend there life so it can work on him to because he is alive.

Now now, we're talking about the top. And the Death Note clearly states humans. If it does work on non-humans, why not kill animals or other shimigami?

I believe Ryouk stated that they can't kill each other, therefore showing that it only works on humans. Just because something can die doesn't mean the Death Note works on them.

Naruto is human, Luffy is rather debateable because he's actually a rubber man. And if your saying these two are able to be considered the strongest I have to lol. Neither one are on the same level as the true strongest.

#28 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:45 PM

I think that there is actually a way in the Deathnote in which you can kill someone like Goku can anyone comfirm or deny it? Ex. You write Chi-Chi's name in the Deathnote and say she walks with her husband along a street suddenly her husband dies of a heart attack and she jumps infront of a bus and performs suicide.

#29 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:22 PM

It's not really stated one way or the other.

#30 zig7

zig7

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:27 PM

Most powerful? I'm sure there is some anime out there who has a character similar to the christian God. I don't know it, but it stands to reason. You can't get much more powerful than that. Otherwise it would be some other God-figure. An example of this might be Akira from the movie Akira. Of course, like Akira, the anime might not specifically go into how powerful the God-like figure is and thus it is hard to answer the question.

#31 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:54 PM

Most powerful? I'm sure there is some anime out there who has a character similar to the christian God. I don't know it, but it stands to reason. You can't get much more powerful than that. Otherwise it would be some other God-figure. An example of this might be Akira from the movie Akira. Of course, like Akira, the anime might not specifically go into how powerful the God-like figure is and thus it is hard to answer the question.

Aside from the very end... he was still weak enough for his arm to get shot off by a Laser Satellite...

#32 zig7

zig7

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:59 PM

Aside from the very end... he was still weak enough for his arm to get shot off by a Laser Satellite...

That was Tetsuo Shima not Akira. Akira doesn't actually play any part in the movie, since he is already dead. You see some of his cryogenically frozen body parts, but that is it. However in the Manga he is not dead and actually is a character. I haven't read all of it to be honest, but I was just giving Akira as an example of a God-like figure which we know is powerful on the scale of a God. But unfortunately that is about all we know. I'll try to finish up the Manga and save away a few good scans if I find any.

#33 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:38 PM

That was Tetsuo Shima not Akira. Akira doesn't actually play any part in the movie, since he is already dead. You see some of his cryogenically frozen body parts, but that is it. However in the Manga he is not dead and actually is a character. I haven't read all of it to be honest, but I was just giving Akira as an example of a God-like figure which we know is powerful on the scale of a God. But unfortunately that is about all we know. I'll try to finish up the Manga and save away a few good scans if I find any.

You're right... Been awhile since I watched it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users