32 replies to this topic

#1 DataSnake

DataSnake

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:25 AM

There is a bit of a debate going on at the Goku vs Ichigo match over who is the strongest character in Anime. It appears to have come down to Tenchi Masaki against Vegito. My two cents: Vegito has a better chance than people seem to think. He is very fast, can survive things he shouldn't be able to (such as being turned into a jawbreaker), and has all of Goku's and Vegeta's techniques. He could charge a Spirit Bomb with energy from Tenchi's Light Hawk Wings, or use telekinesis to stab Tenchi with his own swords.

Your thoughts?

#2 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 05:44 PM

None of the above. The above characters simply shoot big lasers and blow stuff up. Shooting big lasers and blowing stuff up does not make one "the most powerful."

What about the main characters of Gurren Lagaan? They ovecome a near-omnipotent god-like race and fight on a galactic scale using sheer determination and the "will of man." In the final battle they're literally hurling galaxies at one another like shuriken. Never saw Vegetarian Sayain Level Y do that.

And what about Haruhi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. She's rumored (in-story) to be GOD. Not some god-like super powered person or anything like that but the LITERAL, reality-creating GOD. Her "power" is subtly revealed, but it basically boils down to "she has the potential to wipe reality clean and rewrite it to her whims." Again, Tenchi never did that, he just shoots stuff and waves a sword around.

Then there's A-Ko from Project A-Ko. The creators of the series came out and said that her parents are Superman and Wonder Woman. They couldn't outright say it in the anime, since they don't have the right to do it, but the anime is basically a comedy that comes down to "what would happen if two of the most powerful super heroes in comics had a daughter?" Some of the kiddies like to think Supes could take down much of the DBZ crew, and since A-Ko has comparable powers, that makes her in that same league.

Alucard from Hellsing has pretty much been shown to have a "power level" measured by "I can one-up you no matter how powerful you get." Someone does something new, he laughs and does it BETTER. Don't think I've seen an instance where someone really bested him. Hell, the guy came back to life after being WILLED OUT OF EXISTENCE by someone whose powers are basically "If I don't believe it exists, it ceases to exist."

None of these characters do the sort of raw, physical, "calculatable" damage that you see in DBZ or other "training to get better" series, but I'd argue that they're all "more powerful" than your typical "I use martial arts that turns my hands into blaster pistols" anime. They do things that are far more subjective and far more open to creative interpretation. That's far more dangerous and far more interesting than measuring how many planetoids a blast can "bust."

#3 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 24 November 2009 - 05:51 PM

Huh! Someone say, "Gurren Lagaan"?

"Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! That's the Gurren-dan way!"

#4 skykorean

skykorean

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • Interests:Video games,Comics, World of Darkness, and still god...deal with it.

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:06 PM

One piece even if there week to water there fricken strong why think about Luffy he has the ability to stretch because of the gum gum fruit can beat a guy fuse with weapons, guy who can control sand(beat him in a desert). and much more and he is not in the strongest category in the devil fruit in fact he is in the weakest

#5 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:45 PM

Millenium Earl...

#6 skykorean

skykorean

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,206 posts
  • Interests:Video games,Comics, World of Darkness, and still god...deal with it.

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:36 PM

.............Luffy or someone from one piece

#7 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:55 PM

Millenium Earl...

.............Luffy or someone from one piece

To both I could just say Goku from DBZ... Why not back up your arguments?

Like me saying Goku... In terms of raw power he could beat them both, quite easily too.

How, you ask?

First off, Earl. From previous debates I have had with Zreth about him, I have come to the conclusion that only God Like entities have the power to hurt him. Not just in power but because of the type of power that they use, in his own universe it is called Innocents.

Now the DBZ'verse Gods are the Kai's, and what do they use? Ki... What does Goku use? Ki... So Goku should then have the ability to fight Earl with his Ki and hurt him with it. Since he as a SSJ3 was par in power with a Galaxy Buster that means that he should easily be able to wtfpwn Earl in power. Then there's always the Spirit Bomb which is a ball of pure good designed specifically to kill evil beings...

Now Luffy... Really? I though you'd get the point when I said Goku was a Galaxy Buster... Nuff Said...

But the big thing is though that Goku is not the Strongest in Anime, nor is DBZ the most powerful. But with my argument I have just proven that Goku is on a higher level of power than the two mentioned.

#8 TheRandomBandit

TheRandomBandit

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />FIghting<br />Dining

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:38 AM

DBZ CHARACTERS WERE NEVER GALAXY BUSTERS!

LADON FTW!

#9 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:51 AM

DBZ CHARACTERS WERE NEVER GALAXY BUSTERS!

LADON FTW!

Wrong, two characters have busted Galaxies. Brolly blew one up in the first minute of his movie, and then Buu during the Supreme Kai's flashback to the events of the Kai's battle with Bibidi and Buu...

Don't believe me? I can get Youtube clips of it. Still don't believe me? You're an a$$ then...

#10 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:26 AM

The only youtube clips I'm finding of Brolly involve him screaming like he's severely constipated, followed by the entire cast of DBZ saying stuff like "I can't believe he's so powerful." Then Brolly flies around and screams some more. Nothing showing that he can even kill an ant, much less a galaxy.

So, yeah, show us these youtube clips.

#11 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:41 AM

The only youtube clips I'm finding of Brolly involve him screaming like he's severely constipated, followed by the entire cast of DBZ saying stuff like "I can't believe he's so powerful." Then Brolly flies around and screams some more. Nothing showing that he can even kill an ant, much less a galaxy.

So, yeah, show us these youtube clips.

It was fairly easy to find, and I would have thought that someone of your Great and Mighty Intellect would have had no trouble looking it up yourself... But here.

First half Minute...

Notable Quotes:
"The South Galaxy has been shattered... by a Super Saiyan" ~ Narrator
"No, No... It's all gone!" ~ King Kai

If your wondering, that Super Saiyan that they're saying destroyed the South Galaxy was Brolly...

Would you like one of Buu destroying a Galaxy? I have that one too, and if you would like me to post it just say so.

#12 TheRandomBandit

TheRandomBandit

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />FIghting<br />Dining

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:34 PM

Wrong, two characters have busted Galaxies. Brolly blew one up in the first minute of his movie, and then Buu during the Supreme Kai's flashback to the events of the Kai's battle with Bibidi and Buu...

Don't believe me? I can get Youtube clips of it. Still don't believe me? You're an a$$ then...

The movie with Brolly is non cannon. The flashback was filler. They do not count.

An Ass? How So?

#13 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:01 PM

I'm inclined to agree mainly with Landon but adding one other character:

The Lord of Nightmares from Slayers.

#14 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:35 PM

The movie with Brolly is non cannon.

But to Brolly it is Canon since he is also a "Non-Canon" Character. So in the sense of using Brolly he is damn well a Galaxy Buster.

The flashback was filler. They do not count.

A filler is usually something Non-Plot Related, used to "Fill" the Anime up so that they can draw the episode out, in order to either land a pivotal moment in the manga in it's own episode or to get more money. Such filler's in DBZ are perfectly exampled by the episodes where Goku and Piccolo learning how to drive a car

This little tid-bit of information was inserted in order to make it easier for the young Fans to grasp the actual power of Buu. But Frankly if you still have your panties in a bunch over this small condition, then let us wait for Dragon Ball Kai to catch up to that point in the series. After all, they're cutting out all the needless filler witch you are so fond of crying about.

An Ass? How So?

This all depends on how far you want to take this.

But aside from all that, I have never said that DBZ is the most powerful, or the most well written, quite the opposite on occasion actually... I just stand up for it when it's being trodden on for no other reason other than they "Don't like it because the shirtless man is screaming like he's constipated."

#15 skykorean

skykorean

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:09 PM

Ok then how about Negi from Mahou Sensei Negima! He may look weak http://media.animevi...feild_large.jpg

but latter on he become crazy strong other than he can use the powers of the girl that he made pacto http://img2.ak.crunc...505907_full.jpg

he has some kind of dark powers http://photos-p.frie..._912959123m.jpg

and have some crazy magic http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!/247/16/

but yet again it is my opinion

(what the hell no pic post.... ok then go to these web sites if you want to)

#16 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:13 PM

Think outside the box. Light Yagami pwns them all from his bedroom.

#17 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:22 PM

Think outside the box. Light Yagami pwns them all from his bedroom.

Nope. A lot of the most powerful Anime characters are not humans. Considering that the Death Note only works on Humans, it has no effect on any of them.

#18 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:37 PM

True, the rules do specifically state "Humans". Oh well, back in my box.

I'll stick to Gurren.

#19 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:02 PM

That Brolly clip is awfully vague and open to interpretation. Since that galaxy is rotating on its axis awfully fast, are we looking at some time-lapsed video of the solar system? And if that's the case, how long is it taking Brolly to destroy that galaxy? If we assume this is a sped-up depiction, he isn't "shatering" the galaxy in a few seconds. Depending on how much time lapses in that scene (days, months, years?), can you really say "Brolly destroyed a galaxy and can do it in the middle of a fight?" Given the right amount of time, almost any fictional character with powers can pull that off.

Then again, it could be a real time depiction. But the problem that arises is that it isn't clearly illustrated. There's conflicting information that makes the amount of time debatable. Therefore, I don't think this is very good evidence to prove one way or another whether Brolly is a "galaxy buster," since that term implies he can do it within the context of a real-time fight.

#20 skykorean

skykorean

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:08 PM

not true how about naruto he is human luffy human negi human ,most anime characters are human that got strong by training or obtaining power

and if we are talking about goku yes he is not human but he can die so i am pretty sure it can work because death note is use for shigami to extend there life so it can work on him to because he is alive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users