#2 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

Wait...treacherous is spectating this battle?  :blink:

Or is it that this battle happens to be taking place right near his home on the Blasted Cliffs...

#3 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

This depends on a lot of things. Such as how much energy does Bishop have at the start?

#4 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

I think that Boba Fett wins here. In the chosen environment, his jetpack will allow him greater mobility around the area. As for Bishop's powers, Boba has plenty of non-energy weapons. Slugthrowers, flamethrowers, darts, missiles, ect. I think Boba will quickly see the lack of effect from his blasters, and switch to different weapons.

#5 sithisson

sithisson

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

I think that Boba Fett wins here. In the chosen environment, his jetpack will allow him greater mobility around the area. As for Bishop's powers, Boba has plenty of non-energy weapons. Slugthrowers, flamethrowers, darts, missiles, ect. I think Boba will quickly see the lack of effect from his blasters, and switch to different weapons.

Agreed. This is a battle field suited for Boba's usual tactics. Unless Bishop can get off the ground somehow as well what is stopping Feet from moving away from any absorbed energy attacks firing back at him?

#6 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

Bishop can't absorb the heat of the lava? I'm seriously asking cause I thought his powers worked that way and he would be super charged. If what you all are saying is true then I guess Bishop does loose.

#7 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

I never liked Bishop but he has most of the advantages here. Yeah Boba has the jetpack so he can get around more but that may be a bad idea for the simply fact he doesn't have alot of ground to land on and battle from a distance with the lava around them. Also Boba would risk Bishop blasting him out the sky and sending him falling into the lava. Bishop also has more experience, is just as skilled with his own weapons, and has his powers which even at regular power he could blast Boba out the sky. Wouldn't Bishop even absorb Boba's blast from his regular blaster? Bishop wins.

#8 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

jet pack is boba's only edge and that not to say bishop couldn't shoot him down or  even still shoot him and bishop does have a high durability it's not like one reg bullet is likely to end this.

#9 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:12 AM

I never liked Bischop but he has most of the advantages here. Yeah Boba has the jetpack so he can get around more but that may be a bad idea for the simply fact he doesn't have alot of ground to land on and battle from a distance with the lava around them. Also Boba would risk Bischop blasting him out the sky and sending him falling into the lava. Bischop also has more experience, is just as skilled with his own weapons, and has his powers which even at regular power he could blast Boba out the sky. Wouldn't Bischop even absorb Boba's blast from his regular blaster? Bischop wins.

Who's Bischop?

#10 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

Bishop can absorb all "radiant or conductive energy" according to wikipedia. Which should include heat. But as I said, Boba has plenty of other weapons such as rockets, darts, and slugthrowers.

#11 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

Most of which can be countered by Bishop's own mutant ability and weapons he carries. Bishop's guns are more powerful with it's laser blasts and plasma charges. Plus he can also use his own energies to charge the gun and fire.

#12 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

Most of which can be countered by Bischop's own mutant ability and weapons he carries. Bischop's guns are more powerful with it's laser blasts and plasma charges. Plus he can also use his own energies to charge the gun and fire.

WHO'S BISCHOP?

#13 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

I think Boba wins here... He's definitely got more experience then Bishop. Decades of bounty hunting vs a large variety of subjects, including run ins with Darth Vader.

All of which he survived.

As for weaponry, I'll have to disagree that Blasters wouldn't work against Bishop. Sure the Thermal damage they could cause would be able to be absorbed, but the Kinetic aspect of the blasts wouldn't. I would bet that each blast without the heat would still feel like getting shot by a regular gun but having a bullet proof vest on. Not leathal, but would still feel like getting kicked by a mule.

Then there's his Disruptors, which don't operate in line with "radiant or conductive energy". From what I gather of it's action, it sets up an interference wave that interacts with matter and shakes it apart... The target area simply turns to dust.

As for the Non-Energy based weapons he has. One of his pistols is a Concussion Grenade Launcher, which would be like shooting 12.5mm HE grenades at targets. However there's only a 50% chance that he'd be carrying that one, as he alternates that with his personal blaster pistol for handguns.

Hidden in one of his gauntlets was a mini-concussion missile launcher, which had enough power to easily punch through most personal armours and kill a man or droid with ease.

In his kneepads was hidden yet Another missile launcher system, they fired special darts that could deliver molecular acid, stun agents, or explosive tips to targets. All of which I would think Bishop would be suseptable to.

On his jetpack was also an Anti-Vehicle Homing Missile... Needless to say that's Overkill.

Protecting Fett from Bishops weapons and powers is his armour. At his most powerful, Fett would be wearing plates of beskar, a technically indestructible metal in Star Wars, almost like their version of Adamantium. The indestructible armour in addition to his extreme mobility thanks to his jetpack and personal conditioning would allow him to Easily withstand attacks from Bishop.

Fett Wins

#14 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

Bishop's past and vast experience with nearly everything would actually likely equate Boba - though I might be wrong but from what I see it is so. Also on the note of Vader - Vader allowed Boba to survive - Boba didn't do it as per his own abilities.

Actually - Bishop can absorb kinetic energy just as well.

Disruptors are energy beams - "They created an energy wave consisting of disruptive, nonharmonic energy pulses that excited a target's molecules to the point that it destroyed the bonds that held their constituent atoms together, painfully." Bishop would likely absorb it if not be invulnerable to it.

That might work if Bishop doesn't have sufficient energy for his invulnerability though one does have to keep in mind he could absorb the energy from that partially, weakening it whilst boosting himself - he can absorb the heat and kinetic force from it - it's rather difficult to determine how it would affect Bishop. Given how they've buffed Bishop... it's likely not going to affect him

Except for the explosive aspect (read prior paragraph), the rest would work yes.

Read fourth paragraph.

This doesn't amount to much if Bishop returns attacks to Boba with twice the power of anything Boba's fired at him and more. The only thing I'm seeing that might give Boba a chance are the molecular acids and stuns. For all Boba's weapons, most of them won't harm Bishop - unless maybe a Thermal detonator or the likes. That would overload him.

In all honesty, it's likely in Bishop's favor given his training and experience (I'm not saying he's better than Boba - close to if not on par) in conjunction with his powers and better weaponry as others have mentioned.

#15 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

Actually - Bishop can absorb kinetic energy just as well.

So you're saying that he's invulnerable to regular bullets, punches, and the like as well?

Disruptors are energy beams - "They created an energy wave consisting of disruptive, nonharmonic energy pulses that excited a target's molecules to the point that it destroyed the bonds that held their constituent atoms together, painfully." Bishop would likely absorb it if not be invulnerable to it.

And Disruptive, Nonharmonic energy pulses while being energy, don't fall into the criteria of "radiant or conductive energy" They aren't readiated, but focused at a target, and they don't conduct so much as tear apart.

#16 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

WHO'S BISCHOP?

Hmm good question...

#17 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

Boba has an arsenal of weapons in conjunction with superior training and skill.

#18 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

So you're saying that he's invulnerable to regular bullets, punches, and the like as well?

And Disruptive, Nonharmonic energy pulses while being energy, don't fall into the criteria of "radiant or conductive energy" They aren't readiated, but focused at a target, and they don't conduct so much as tear apart.

With his capability of absorbing kinetic/thermal energy - he is effectively invulnerable to those to a degree hence limited invulnerability - I'm not saying he can take a punch from the likes of the Hulk as he can be overloaded whilst absorbing energy but a punch from someone like Boba? Indeed. Likely a blaster bolt as well as he's been shown capable of taking hits from high end plasma attacks and so on and forth. Explosives fall into this range too - though I'm not saying he would be able to withstand an explosive that could take out blocks but definitely an anti-vehicular weapon.

Edit: Never mind... his durability is such that he can take hits from Onslaught and Cyclops... he can absorb those magnitude... >.>

I'm not seeing where Bishop is limited to those. Is it in Wikipedia? Marvel's wiki doesn't denote this. I can't seem to access the official data in the definitive marvel wikia source via the tabs, nothing's showing for me (i.e. http://marvel.com/un..._(Lucas_Bishop) ). If you can get that, that would be great. iirc, he's been Disney'd to being able to take all energy. The wiki isn't entirely clear but Bishop is actually more capable than the wiki denotes.

As for that matter - "In simpler terms, disruptor weapons used extremely high amounts of unstable blaster energy, enough to obliterate matter on a higher scale than normal blasters."  sounds pretty much like most attacks he takes anyways.

#19 UMPIRE

UMPIRE

The Ref

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:A fair match. Play ball!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

Match Final Results
Bishop: 16
Boba Fett: 11

0 user(s) are reading this topic