• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

I read the entire thing. You were talking about Drax but read Fox's context. He based his decision off the most powerful versions. He was referring to you but was talking about all characters in the game.

What he was talking about (a character who has had several canonical power fluctuations) is completely different to what you're insinuating. Two alternate universe versions of the characters is not the same thing, and again, he directly stated that the Wonder Woman he wants in this tourney is the Lynda Carter version. Wrex can beat her.

#22 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

What he was talking about (a character who has had several canonical power fluctuations) is completely different to what you're insinuating. Two alternate universe versions of the characters is not the same thing, and again, he directly stated that the Wonder Woman he wants in this tourney is the Lynda Carter version. Wrex can beat her.

um no he never stated he wanted her for the tourney except when being sarcastic..  Learn sarcasm.  Seeing as how your the only one voting that way go ahead.  Im going to continue to debate any matches with her like she is the Wonder Woman I choose.  Seeing as how she met Fox's definition of "street"

#23 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

How the hell was he being sarcastic? People were on his case about the power levels and he decided to clarify. You're literally the only one who interpreted it that way. Learn basic dialect, and how to read context while you're at it too. Helps you look like less of a twat when you try to be condescending.

So yeah, Wrex beats Linda Carter pretty handily. Votes might say otherwise but let it be known. :)

#24 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

Don't get all riled up. If Fox says I have to use lynda so be it. Until then I will use the Wonder Woman I choose. He said the most powerful versions of each character. This is his trial run. He said he would follow with stricter guidelines for the next season. For this season, Diana at her strongest is street level. She fights all battles on a earthly level

In that regard, Diana Flicks Wrex in the head and KOs him.

If he wants a different version ill simply switch him out for bullseye or fantomex which would still win here

#25 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

Getting riled up is my thing.

1092757-hercules_thumbs_up_super.jpg

#26 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

Getting riled up is my thing.

1092757-hercules_thumbs_up_super.jpg

than Mission accomplished.

#27 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

Bullseye would not win here.

#28 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

I believe you will find that Serge stated that Wonder Woman is only going to be Lynda Carter level; he stated this during during the Booker DeWitt Vs. Alucard match.

#29 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

I believe you will find that Serge stated that Wonder Woman is only going to be Lynda Carter level; he stated this during during the Booker DeWitt Vs. Alucard match.

At what point did he state that for this season, Wonder Woman was the Lynda Carter version.  That version is his only real reference that he is fairly familiar with.

To be fair, my concept of Wonder Woman is the Linda Carter T.V. show.  And, I have no idea who Alucard is.  I do not know Anime.  So, yeah....

Anyways, next season I'm sure  more admins will want to look over the teams before the season launches.  We'll get better at these.  New thing, bugs, etc...

that means that what he was thinking was lower than what is in the match.  He would not have allowed comics Wonder Woman or Alucard had he known more about them.  Since this season is already underway, he made no declaration to change who the characters are.  Next season he will have admins look over the characters closer.  So for now Diana is the beast that her comic self is.

#30 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

No. When he said Lynda Carter was what he had in mind, that was the Wonder Woman he meant was acceptable. Yours is not.

I think.

#31 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

Yeah, the Lynda Carter version of Wonder Woman was kind of what I was thinking "Street Level" would be.  But, seeing as how there is already several clearly Not Street Level characters in I'd say just vote it as you see it.

Season one is kind of a Beta and it will probably just go 5 rounds - one for each active character.

#32 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Yeah, the Lynda Carter version of Wonder Woman was kind of what I was thinking "Street Level" would be.  But, seeing as how there is already several clearly Not Street Level characters in I'd say just vote it as you see it.

Season one is kind of a Beta and it will probably just go 5 rounds - one for each active character.

I has a suggestion for the next round, would it be possible to move the Ref's post on who wins to the First Post in the match? That way if people want to continue debating past the match final, like has happened, his post doesn't get lost.

#33 UMPIRE

UMPIRE

The Ref

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:A fair match. Play ball!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

Match Final Results
Wonder Woman: 16
Urdnot Wrex: 11

#34 xLEGACYx