xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

*********SPOILERS FROM RECENT JUSTICE LEAGUE COMIC***********

In the latest issue of JL it is revealed that Manhunter's past with the JL still involves key stories.  Not all but one is certain.  The first encounter between the Justice League and Despero.

It also reveals that while with the JL Jonn never really used his powers to there full extent.  He always operated under the league's guidelines.  

Before it took the entire league to take down Despero.  In this issue Jonn takes him down in a couple of pages while not holding back.

Also knowing that Jonn was a part of the team and shares some pre new 52 history with the league, what  exactly went down to have the entire league fighting him in a panel from the first couple issues of Justice League?

#2 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

This is not surprising.  In the past J'onn has taken down Despero by himself before(not physically, but through mind tricks), when the League failed to do so.  I believe that Superman has stated J'onn to be the most poweful being on Earth(pre new 52).

#3 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

Yeah but in this New 52 when he unleashed his full mental power he owned Despero. It was awesome actually and I love whenever Martian Manhunter gets to shine like that. I wouldn't be surprised if the League and Martian Manhunter split over Stormwatch. Either that or Martian Manhunter did something that went against the League's rules on what is right.

#4 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

I think seeing the story of what happened between them would make for a good small arc.  I believe it would sell pretty well.

#5 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

J'onn explained in Stormwatch issue 1 why he is split between both teams.  "When I want to be a hero, I work with the Justice League, but when I want to be a warrior, I am with Stormwatch."

Figure out the difference of being a hero and a warrior and there is your answer. 

My take on it is that a hero will do what is right in the public eye.  Ex: Superman throwing Lex in jail, or Batman throwing Joker in Arkham.  A warrior would kill their foe on the spot so he could not cause further damage.

Stormwatch+-+Martian+Manhunter+01.png

stormwatch-1-martian-manhunter.jpeg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users