#1 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

Hey guys

Hate to do this since I had just moved away from it, but it looks like I'm going to have to reinstate a limit on the number of active characters that a user can put into play. 

Thanks!

EDIT:  second look at Fatalities?

#2 Kate Awesome Is Awesome

Kate Awesome Is Awesome

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:I like animoo, vidja games, moobies, bewks

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

I can understand why, any idea of the exact number?

#3 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

Fatalities only happen when a character gets zero votes, right? If that's the case, then their return shouldn't affect any active writer's characters. Go for it.

#4 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

Cool with me. Looking at, say, 10 characters? Maybe less? Probably don't need more than that.

And I'm totally down with fatalities. With the current number of voters (12 or so?) the margin shouldn't be 2-1 (8-4 with average voter turnout). Maybe 3-1 (9-3)? Or even 4-1 (8-2 in a lower-voting match)?

I'd say 4-1 is a decent compromise.

#5 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

I have ten already just with Dinas and all the leftovers. If I disabled some guys I'm not using could I get more active spots or do they have to die?

#6 Kate Awesome Is Awesome

Kate Awesome Is Awesome

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

crap, the limit is 5? curses....

#7 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

Yeah, I can adjust the active In-Play limit.  You know, I'm just trying to get people who have... say... 18 active in-play characters to stop making characters.

#8 Kate Awesome Is Awesome

Kate Awesome Is Awesome

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Well I just had an idea I wanted to hashout and i can't even access the creator, I guess I can wait till I'm bored with my girls though :)

#9 Nihlium

Nihlium

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:Those things.You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, all of that stuff.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

*sigh* Guess I'm going to have to figure out how I'm going to get the Creed started now.

#10 The Rookie

The Rookie

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

Hey Serge I was just wondering can we

a.) perma delete characters if this hard limit is going to be enforced

and

b.) up it a little

seriously I got a bunch of dead characters I can't get rid of nor do I really have the desire to send them out again to be killed.

also i'm a little miffed 'cos I may have lost a character i was working on (blah blah should've used word WHATEVER!)

#11 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Yeah, i will be adding delete functionality.  And, "Send To The Graveyard" functionality if you just want to get a character out of an In Play slot.

Without the Tier Slots thingy, need to find a sweet spot of active characters that allows people to have a pool of characters in play moving up the ladder but keeps an unlimited number from being created by someone.

#12 MikeEB

MikeEB

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

Yeah, i will be adding delete functionality.  And, "Send To The Graveyard" functionality if you just want to get a character out of an In Play slot.

Without the Tier Slots thingy, need to find a sweet spot of active characters that allows people to have a pool of characters in play moving up the ladder but keeps an unlimited number from being created by someone.

I'd suggest excluding characters with >4 wins then - this should prevent the behavior you want to prevent but not get in the way of ladder-climbers much.

#13 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

I'd suggest excluding characters with >4 wins then - this should prevent the behavior you want to prevent but not get in the way of ladder-climbers much.

hmmm....  good idea

#14 Nihlium

Nihlium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:Those things.You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, all of that stuff.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

I think that both ideas would be good.The limit of active characters could be between 6 and 11, excluding characters with 5 or more wins. While adding a delete and "send to the graveyard" function would be highly useful for roster planning.

#15 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

hmmm....  good idea

I concur. It would allow people to keep a lot of characters while stopping them from making a lot of character in a short amount of time. Cheers to Mike for the suggestion. 

Also, deletion/graveyarding of characters would still be a cool idea even if its just for the sake of doing it. I have about 24 guys on my management panel already and its getting crowded. 

#16 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

I put in Mike's suggestion.  Maybe that will work.

I do not actually own that many characters but maybe some of you that do can give it a try.  Thanks!

#17 The Rookie

The Rookie

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:49 PM

this shit be working

thanks!

#18 MikeEB

MikeEB

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

I think that both ideas would be good.The limit of active characters could be between 6 and 11, excluding characters with 5 or more wins. While adding a delete and "send to the graveyard" function would be highly useful for roster planning.

I suggest 7. That lets a player make one character per match length, always go 4-2, and have one slot left for a work-in-progress character.

#19 Nihlium

Nihlium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

That could work. I think this plan should work out well, the lower number will take awhile to get used to but that's nothing to complain about. I think the ability to buy slots should be added though, it would give points more purpose.  

#20 Updatedude

Updatedude

Don't feed him after midnight

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

Remember when we used to only have 1 and couldn't create until that one's run was totally finished? Then we had it where we could create once that one at least reached the ME queue. But yeah, whatever number is fine by me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users