61 replies to this topic

#41 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

If it works on him at all. Possession decreases effectiveness as your opponents get stronger. Mini-bosses like firemen can be temporarily possessed but don't commit seppuku at the end, they just go back to attacking you. Handymen, Siren(s), and Boys of Silence are completely immune. The farther you get from normal human or normal machine the less it works.     

Yes, but that's a game mechanic built in to the game so the game isn't broken.

#42 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

Also your kind of stuck up on the only option after the possession is to wait for Alucard to shoot himself bit. The win condition in this is never stated,so death doesn't have to be the win condition ,and really when your opponent isn't trying to kill the crap out of you it becomes alot easier to figure out an alternate way to win.

#43 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

Instead of saying THERE'S OTHER WAYS TO WINNING - enlighten us on the alternate.

#44 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

Instead of saying THERE'S OTHER WAYS TO WINNING - enlighten us on the alternate.

Forcing him to declare a loss while he's under Booker's control AKA literally having Alucard declaring in some manner I lose, and avoiding the fight altogether.

#45 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

...yeah, no.

Wouldn't be Alucard - wouldn't count, I'd think.

#46 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

Well, regardless I'm gonna be pulling out this season after this match if possible. 

#47 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

Well, regardless I'm gonna be pulling out this season after this match if possible. 

Okay, Ethan scolded me in chat so I'm not pulling out any more  :unsure:

#48 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

...yeah, no.

Wouldn't be Alucard - wouldn't count, I'd think.

He could force Alucard to tie himself up so that he's completely immobilized!

Okay, I'm just pulling at strings here. I honestly know next to nothing about Booker.

#49 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

Ok, points in favor of Booker

1) He's technically Human, the only thing Alucard goes easy on and will allow to kill him.

2) He has a varity of Vigors and Gear which sets him above and beyond the normal humans Alucard normally faces. Perhaps setting him on par with Anderson, another Human who Alucard would have let kill him.

3) Alucard will probably never release his seals fighting him, not even if he needed to, to survive.

Points in favor of Alucard

1) Technically 1,000,000 "extra lives" counting the souls he has within his body that he uses to tank deaths.

2) Already Massive regeneration

3) Extremely high physical strength and speed, with enhanced senses and athletics

4) The ability to phase though walls

5) The ability to walk on walls/ceilings regardless of gravity

6) Various other low level powers such as telekinesis, hypnosis and the like associated with vampires

7) Two oversized handguns and a cool trenchcoat and hat.

Also, Street Level Alucard is not...

#50 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:44 PM

NO SHIT SHERLOCK

#51 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

Alright, yes, the definition made no sense. That is no excuse to punish people who... read the definition. If you're biased because of that, don't vote. Sorry to anyone who goes up against non street level characters but that's how it works :/

Just saw this, but yeah... I was probably one of the people who wasn't particularly confused by the definition, until I submitted Drax and Gamora and they got denied. Alucard would kill both at once. Don't blame the players, blame the game. S'all good though since this is the first season. Fox is more than likely treating this as a testing the waters type thing.

But christ on a bike, I'd like to see less people whining about mismatched fights and dodgy definitions and more people having fun. I don't expect to do particularly well this round, I just thought it'd be cool to send in an all-BioShock team and REPRESENT! That said, there are some teams that'd beat mine and some I think I'd flatten so it's not too bad, but... bah.

#52 ND7

ND7

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

I agree one hundred percent. My first match out of the gate has seemed to be a stomp in some dude named Boxx's favor which is cool with me. I just like being able to use the team I made. I couldn't care less if they win all that often. It's all just in good natured fun. Though, seeing Alucard makes me wonder if The Captain(the SS werewolf)is avaliable. Can't use him now obviously but man he's cool. :)

Just saw this, but yeah... I was probably one of the people who wasn't particularly confused by the definition, until I submitted Drax and Gamora and they got denied. Alucard would kill both at once. Don't blame the players, blame the game. S'all good though since this is the first season. Fox is more than likely treating this as a testing the waters type thing.

But christ on a bike, I'd like to see less people whining about mismatched fights and dodgy definitions and more people having fun. I don't expect to do particularly well this round, I just thought it'd be cool to send in an all-BioShock team and REPRESENT! That said, there are some teams that'd beat mine and some I think I'd flatten so it's not too bad, but... bah.

#53 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

This so much, the second paragraph.

#54 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:02 AM

Alucard probably won't be able to be possessed.

Here's the thing, he has about 3 MILLION followers, all of which were absorbed into Alucard for their protection, however this is admittedly a fan theory.

So I'll talk about his telekensis, taken from the wiki:

He has the ability to manipulate people in broad daylight, refereed to by Pip as the evil love beam, shown here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDaeSfjlMTo

In the manga, Alucard uses telekinesis to close a door on a fleeing SWAT officer. He also launched six SWAT officers into the air and guided them to flag poles where they were impaled. Alucard is later seen moving a broken down air-craft carrier from the Gulf of Italy to the Dover of London all in a little less than 40 minutes

Please tell me how Booker's possession would work on that.

#55 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

Dunno how telekinesis alters the effects of the possession whatsoever but yea. Whether or not Possession would do jackshit to Alucard is up in the air, but it definitely wouldn't amount to anything in the end.

#56 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:11 AM

Okay, I'm not exactly how this in anyway would explain why Alucard couldn't be mind controlled. What I assume you mean is that since Alucard has a Mind Control power that he therefore can't be mind controlled, however being able to do doesn't mean not being able to be done to, so really what you've stated doesn't actually have any correlation to whether or not Alucard can be possessed or not. My basis on why Alucard can be controlled is simply by the fact that he already has been by Hellsing via some sort of magical force; so there really isn't any reason to think that another magic-esque force wouldn't work.

If I misunderstood what you were trying to explain; then please feel free to rephrase.

#57 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

Hellsing controlls Alucard because Alexander Van Hellsing cheated and kicked his ass.

#58 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:26 AM

Okay, I'm not exactly how this in anyway would explain why Alucard couldn't be mind controlled. What I assume you mean is that since Alucard has a Mind Control power that he therefore can't be mind controlled, however being able to do doesn't mean not being able to be done to, so really what you've stated doesn't actually have any correlation to whether or not Alucard can be possessed or not. My basis on why Alucard can be controlled is simply by the fact that he already has been by Hellsing via some sort of magical force; so there really isn't any reason to think that another magic-esque force wouldn't work.

If I misunderstood what you were trying to explain; then please feel free to rephrase.

You're maybe 50% right.  But again, the estimated 3 million souls inside of Alucard would mean about 3 million minds to control at once.

I doubt even Xavier of X-men can do that.

#59 UMPIRE

UMPIRE

The Ref

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:A fair match. Play ball!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

Match Final Results
Booker DeWitt: 12
Alucard: 21

#60 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

You're maybe 50% right.  But again, the estimated 3 million souls inside of Alucard would mean about 3 million minds to control at once.

I doubt even Xavier of X-men can do that.

It's not the same type of possession, and there's no evidence the three billion souls would actually affect the possession in any way. :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users