61 replies to this topic

#21 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

To be fair, my concept of Wonder Woman is the Linda Carter T.V. show.  And, I have no idea who Alucard is.  I do not know Anime.  So, yeah....

Anyways, next season I'm sure  more admins will want to look over the teams before the season launches.  We'll get better at these.  New thing, bugs, etc...

Many thanks Serge looking forward to season 2 then

#22 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

I'm pretty obviously going to lose cause of spite votes, so I would atleast like to debate someone for this.

I wouldn't say it's obvious. My comment was a sarcastic nothing so don't take that as indication of anything. Other than that, there's two confirmed votes against you, but that's only two. Two isn't much. 

#23 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

I wouldn't say it's obvious. My comment was a sarcastic nothing so don't take that as indication of anything. Other than that, there's two confirmed votes against you, but that's only two. Two isn't much. 

Nah, I'm pretty positive on this since the General consensus for the draft thus far, from things like the chat rooms, seems to be a large disagreement with the characters allowed through.

#24 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Nah, I'm pretty positive on this since the General consensus for the draft thus far, from things like the chat rooms, seems to be a large disagreement with the characters allowed through.

Well, sorry then. I personally think a few strong characters keeps things interesting. And, I'd debate but I haven't played Bioshock infinite yet. 

#25 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Well, sorry then. I personally think a few strong characters keeps things interesting. And, I'd debate but I haven't played Bioshock infinite yet. 

Mmm, well thanks for the comments good luck on your match.

#26 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

If anyone would like to debate me about the match I am totally game. I'll even fight for Booker if no one plans on supporting him.

Let's see, Booker has guns and tonics, and is generally a regular human beyond those bits.

Alucard is a vampire who shrugs off-nay, laughs off bullets. He easily heals from any damage Booker would be able to throw at him. He's basically immortal and has a pool of powers that are just incredible.

Your move Booker.

#27 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

Let's see, Booker has guns and tonics, and is generally a regular human beyond those bits.

Alucard is a vampire who shrugs off-nay, laughs off bullets. He easily heals from any damage Booker would be able to throw at him. He's basically immortal and has a pool of powers that are just incredible.

Your move Booker.

Okay so I guess I'll try to defend Booker, even though I'm on team Alucard. This fight doesn't have to be restrained to just being a deathmatch where Alucard would obviously win; but if we were to go along these lines there really isn't anything to say that Bookers possession ability wouldn't work on Alucard, since we do know that Alucard can be controlled by a magical force based entirely on his own series.

#28 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

Okay so I guess I'll try to defend Booker, even though I'm on team Alucard. This fight doesn't have to be restrained to just being a deathmatch where Alucard would obviously win; but if we were to go along these lines there really isn't anything to say that Bookers possession ability wouldn't work on Alucard, since we do know that Alucard can be controlled by a magical force based entirely on his own series.

And then? Does Alucard kill himself upon the end of possession? Does Booker try to kill possessed Alucard until that ends? Booker, and for that matter everyone at street level, gets murdered by Alucard. He wins this fight, there's no point arguing against it.

Sorry if I sound pissy, I'm not trying to. I think in our back and forth, we're both right on points, and we're both wrong on points.

#29 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

And then? Does Alucard kill himself upon the end of possession? Does Booker try to kill possessed Alucard until that ends? Booker, and for that matter everyone at street level, gets murdered by Alucard. He wins this fight, there's no point arguing against it.

Sorry if I sound pissy, I'm not trying to. I think in our back and forth, we're both right on points, and we're both wrong on points.

Once again no one ever said this was a fight to the death he could simply make Alucard concede defeat as far as we care.

And if the second point is about the choice based upon your opinion and your vote; I honestly don't think the vote should be decided with bias, or made based off of anything other then who would win the fight/challenge/whatever and I can't agree with choosing the losing character out of spite, and even though I don't sound it I am trying to say this with as little offense as possible. I can understand why you would choose to it like that I just can't possibly agree with it.

#30 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:30 AM

Seeing as how Wonder Woman was allowed, I rather choose her for my team than to be against me.  There are others just as powerful and invulnerable as you can see.  Alucard, Ghost Rider, and Iceman are a few.

#31 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:39 AM

Dunno - a lotta of this coulda been avoided with some research beforehand in respect to the characters submitted but I understand - time constraints and stuff =)

I'll vote... later. *rarely votes for anything as is*

Edit: Also hilarious Zreth... there's literally nothing to debate - if we consider this seriously, Alucard plays with Booker for as long Booker could entertain him then gets torn apart and eaten by his shadow dog thingies.

#32 Jeremi

Jeremi

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:53 AM

Debate?

Okay but that's like debating if he kills Bookers ass in one second or two. :P

#33 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:42 AM

Meh. I sent in Gamora and Drax and they both got denied. Alucard would murder either with relative ease. Some of these picks just seem odd to me. I kinda hope the acceptable parameters window is tighter next season to avoid stuff like this.

Regardless... I still want votes. GIMME DEM VOTES PEOPLE!

Also, yeah, no point in debating this. Possession might work on Alucard... then he shoots himself after a minute, takes no damage and murders Booker.

#34 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

While I agree with everything everyone else is saying; if you want to it's not that really hard to try and debate this, once again no one even said this was a fight to the death. Actually no parameters whatsoever have been really given to any of the matches which could kind of influence things.

#35 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

Explain a way this fight ends favorably for Booker, cause I'd love to hear it. Running doesn't count.

#36 KibaxHinata

KibaxHinata

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Anarchy Reigns, Bleach, Naruto, TF2, Avengers Alliance, Gintama, DEATH BATTLE, AT4W, Nostagia Critic, ToddInTheShadows, Fighting games, Queens Blade, alternative, rock, metal, B-C List characters

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

I think Alucard could solo HALF of the Fantasy Team until he gets to any telepaths... And thats BEFORE absorbing Schrodgner.

Poor Bookers going to be a smear on the ground

#37 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

I'm pretty sure I already did

#38 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

YOU SO FUNNY

#39 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

I'm pretty sure I already did

If you're referring to your statement regarding Possession, no. Doesn't work. Lasts about a minute, then Alucard shoots himself, which does nothing whatsoever.

#40 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

If it works on him at all. Possession decreases effectiveness as your opponents get stronger. Mini-bosses like firemen can be temporarily possessed but don't commit seppuku at the end, they just go back to attacking you. Handymen, Siren(s), and Boys of Silence are completely immune. The farther you get from normal human or normal machine the less it works.     

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users