Official Site: Geneon

#2 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

Booker has a cbub page? Excellent! I mean he technically loses but no way alucard counts as street, so its Booker for the win for me. 

#3 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

Wait a second, the guy who does this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiMJCspS9Fc

Who's basically walking talking Deus Ex Machina, is Street Level?  

#4 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

Yowch. Not a good first draw for my glorious Team BioShock. :(

Oh well. VOTE BOOKER EVERYBODY!

#5 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

Yowch. Not a good first draw for my glorious Team BioShock. :(

Oh well. VOTE BOOKER EVERYBODY!

I'm tempted to based on your convincing argument.

#6 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

Booker has a cbub page? Excellent! I mean he technically loses but no way alucard counts as street, so its Booker for the win for me. 

Same here. That's basically how I'm voting on any match with a non-street in it.

#7 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

I'm tempted to based on your convincing argument.

I'll give you all the cookies under the sun.

#8 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

Same here. That's basically how I'm voting on any match with a non-street in it.

To be far though we are going by Serge's Definition of Street Level, in it he even stated a character like Wonder Woman would be given an "okay" so there really isn't anything to blame for people not choosing your definition of Street Level other than you not reading. If you want to actually debate instead of tossing bias then Alucard is who you should vote for.

#9 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

Also I'm totally up for debating this with AVP if he's game.

#10 jesus20456

jesus20456

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,632 posts
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...
  • Interests:Reading Animorphs, Writing.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

Alright, yes, the definition made no sense. That is no excuse to punish people who... read the definition. If you're biased because of that, don't vote. Sorry to anyone who goes up against non street level characters but that's how it works :/

#11 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

Alright, yes, the definition made no sense. That is no excuse to punish people who... read the definition. If you're biased because of that, don't vote. Sorry to anyone who goes up against non street level characters but that's how it works :/

Is is how it works though? Doesn't it work however I think it works, since I can vote however I want? The way I understood it, the 'definition' was more like a guideline, a short warning to avoid the uber-powerful and aim for more street worthy fare.  And alucard definitely breaks the spirit of street level, if not, but probably also, the letter of it as well. I'm pretty sure he's immortal, able to regenerate after being not just decapitated, but damn near disintegrated as well, and once took down an entire aircraft carrier. Though he flew a plane into it first, which may have something to do with it.

Still, pretty much immortal and invulnerable.   

#12 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

To be far though we are going by Serge's Definition of Street Level, in it he even stated a character like Wonder Woman would be given an "okay" so there really isn't anything to blame for people not choosing your definition of Street Level other than you not reading. If you want to actually debate instead of tossing bias then Alucard is who you should vote for.

I read and disagreed a bit with the definition. It is my opinion that street level characters shouldn't be at a level where they can trade blows with guys like Superman. I know it's not the definition stated, and yes I'm voting on that bias. Oh well.

In a rumble, I go with Alucard. For a tournament of street levelers, Booker.

"When we say Street Level, we mean that the character is usually portrayed as fighting battles at the human "Earthly" level and are not the type which destroy planets (or flatten major cities for that matter) with a wave of their hand." By that definition, Superman, Goku, and the Death Star are technically ok.

#13 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

I read and disagreed a bit with the definition. It is my opinion that street level characters shouldn't be at a level where they can trade blows with guys like Superman. I know it's not the definition stated, and yes I'm voting on that bias. Oh well.

In a rumble, I go with Alucard. For a tournament of street levelers, Booker.

"When we say Street Level, we mean that the character is usually portrayed as fighting battles at the human "Earthly" level and are not the type which destroy planets (or flatten major cities for that matter) with a wave of their hand." By that definition, Superman, Goku, and the Death Star are technically ok.

But the thing is those were banned, and the limitations for the characters wasn't the label Street Level, Serge obviously got that wrong, the guidelines for what characters should be chosen was what should've decided how characters should be chosen.It's not like this was snuck in Serge passed it.

Also going by those guidelines Goku and the Death Star would specifically not be okay.

#14 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

Aaaand we have our first stomp match of the season. Ouch.

#15 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

Aaaand we have our first stomp match of the season. Ouch.

I think Bulma vs Iceman was posted first.

#16 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

Is is how it works though? Doesn't it work however I think it works, since I can vote however I want? The way I understood it, the 'definition' was more like a guideline, a short warning to avoid the uber-powerful and aim for more street worthy fare.  And alucard definitely breaks the spirit of street level, if not, but probably also, the letter of it as well. I'm pretty sure he's immortal, able to regenerate after being not just decapitated, but damn near disintegrated as well, and once took down an entire aircraft carrier. Though he flew a plane into it first, which may have something to do with it.

Still, pretty much immortal and invulnerable.   

I would have to disagree with that; in the description it already said Wonder Woman would be given an okay, so it wasn't exactly being snuck in that Street Level isn't even really Street Level.

#17 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

All I'm saying is that you can choose to vote based on the tournament, and the match or you can choose to vote on whether or not you think that the Tournament should conform to your definition of Street Level; the latter just happens to be a bias choice.

#18 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

If anyone would like to debate me about the match I am totally game. I'll even fight for Booker if no one plans on supporting him.

#19 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

I'm pretty obviously going to lose cause of spite votes, so I would atleast like to debate someone for this.

#20 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

I would have to disagree with that; in the description it already said Wonder Woman would be given an okay, so it wasn't exactly being snuck in that Street Level isn't even really Street Level.

To be fair, my concept of Wonder Woman is the Linda Carter T.V. show.  And, I have no idea who Alucard is.  I do not know Anime.  So, yeah....

Anyways, next season I'm sure  more admins will want to look over the teams before the season launches.  We'll get better at these.  New thing, bugs, etc...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users