159 replies to this topic

#101 Darxeth

Darxeth

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:59 AM

indeed. which should dimish how impressive some of the more realistic feats are since the peak human standard is higher.

#102 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

Again, when has Daredevil brought himself back to life with chi? Secondly, the melting ice isn't to keep warm, it demonstrates absolute control over ones body, and is just one of the many ways this control can be exercised.

#103 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

Heads up, the serum turns him into a peak human. This is 616 Cap, not Ultimate Cap. So you are completely wrong.

Proof that Daredevil knows every pressure point? And it's incapacitate in 453 ways without drawing blood. And as for bringing yourself back from the dead, that's cool and all, but wouldn't help in a fight. And when has he even done this, with no outside help? No, I'm saying that Ra's al Ghul is more skilled than Cap by a huge margin, and has hundreds of years of experience. 

Any of those encounters would be PIS, plain and simple. Further, I would like scans of each.

Nothing I say will convince you that Batman dodges bullets, no matter how many scans I show of him doing so. It's really pointless.

No, you're wrong. There are multiple sources, like the canon Marvel Handbook, that lists Cap as enhanced human, in addition to, you know, the comics themselves. Cap is far greater than even comic peak human.

All of Cap's feats are on here.

There's more on here, including one I forgot, Cap stunning freaking ONSLAUGHT. The reality warping, max power Onslaught. Get some. Did I mention Cap knocking out a hydrated Namor? I think I forgot that one. Also, beating Thunderstrike, a guy with Thor's powers?

Daredevil uses pressure points more effectively than Batman, I don't think Batman's ever incapacitated someone like Wolverine with pressure points.

When Typhoid Mary threw him off a bridge in Daredevil 200, he healed himself. Later, he beat Blackheart, Mephisto's son and a reality warper. Also, from the wiki "During his time with the Chaste, Matt was taught how to heal himself and other human beings and also speak telepathically to people who have telepathic ability themselves."

Find me a bullet-dodging feat like this, and then we'll talk.

1202118-captain_america_super.jpg

And the more you talk about Batman, the more I dislike the character. Nothing turns me off to a character more than someone constantly ridiculously wanking him. In any case, almost everyone except you thinks Captain America will win. Even Legacy said it would be impossible to call. I guess you're the only smart one around here though.

#104 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

No, you're wrong. There are multiple sources, like the canon Marvel Handbook, that lists Cap as enhanced human, in addition to, you know, the comics themselves. Cap is far greater than even comic peak human.

All of Cap's feats are on here.

There's more on here, including one I forgot, Cap stunning freaking ONSLAUGHT. The reality warping, max power Onslaught. Get some. Did I mention Cap knocking out a hydrated Namor? I think I forgot that one. Also, beating Thunderstrike, a guy with Thor's powers?

Daredevil uses pressure points more effectively than Batman, I don't think Batman's ever incapacitated someone like Wolverine with pressure points.

When Typhoid Mary threw him off a bridge in Daredevil 200, he healed himself. Later, he beat Blackheart, Mephisto's son and a reality warper. Also, from the wiki "During his time with the Chaste, Matt was taught how to heal himself and other human beings and also speak telepathically to people who have telepathic ability themselves."

Find me a bullet-dodging feat like this, and then we'll talk.

1202118-captain_america_super.jpg

And the more you talk about Batman, the more I dislike the character. Nothing turns me off to a character more than someone constantly ridiculously wanking him. In any case, almost everyone except you thinks Captain America will win. Even Legacy said it would be impossible to call. I guess you're the only smart one around here though.

I actually haven't said anything about Batman without backing it up. But I'm not having fun debating this, and you're not having fun debating this (I think) so why don't we stop?

#105 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

On the other hand, there are many flaws in your post, so I'll have a go.

I concede that Cap is not peak human, but Batman fights those that aren't peak human all the time.

Batman has feats that good and more. Did I mention Batman kicking Darkseid in the face, making him shout in pain and bleed? How about Batman kicking the crap out of Aquaman? 

lotdcu27-batvsaquaman3.jpg

How about Solomon Grundy, or Wonder Woman?

There is a huge difference between healing oneself and bringing yourself back to life. Batman was taught chi healing from the Yakuza, but it doesn't seem like it is on the level you describe.

I'll be honest, I've never seen Batman accomplish bullet timing feat like that. He does have multiple impressive bullet timing feats however. So Cap is undeniably faster and stronger, but I don't believe by enough to give him the win. 

Not sure why you feel this last part is necessary. Most people on this site probably also believe that we only use 20% of our brain, but that isn't true either, now is it? Next, I challenge you to find a claim I have made about Batman in any thread in the history of my membership that could be considered "fan wanking" I will then provide evidence to support that claim. Just remember, no need to be an asshole in every post.

#106 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

On the other hand, there are many flaws in your post, so I'll have a go.

I concede that Cap is not peak human, but Batman fights those that aren't peak human all the time.

Batman has feats that good and more. Did I mention Batman kicking Darkseid in the face, making him shout in pain and bleed? How about Batman kicking the crap out of Aquaman? 

How about Solomon Grundy, or Wonder Woman?

There is a huge difference between healing oneself and bringing yourself back to life. Batman was taught chi healing from the Yakuza, but it doesn't seem like it is on the level you describe.

I'll be honest, I've never seen Batman accomplish bullet timing feat like that. He does have multiple impressive bullet timing feats however. So Cap is undeniably faster and stronger, but I don't believe by enough to give him the win. 

Not sure why you feel this last part is necessary. Most people on this site probably also believe that we only use 20% of our brain, but that isn't true either, now is it? Next, I challenge you to find a claim I have made about Batman in any thread in the history of my membership that could be considered "fan wanking" I will then provide evidence to support that claim. Just remember, no need to be an asshole in every post.

Kicking Darkseid once with the help of a Motherbox, and getting your ass subsequently handed to you is not a feat. First of all, that scan provides no context of anything. This is fan-wanking right here. Aquaman was severely weakened and not even trying to fight. Plus, you didn't even give a scan of the actual fight at all.

The version of Solomon Grundy that Batman fights is not impressive at all. Batman has never beaten Wonder Woman. They've sparred, Wonder Woman not using her superhuman abilities. When Cap KOd the Hulk, the Hulk wasn't not using his super strength. In fact, when Wonder Woman was not sparring, she beat the shit out of Batman so easily it was a comic event. She threw him through a building and then threatened to squash his head in like a watermelon, it was a stomp.

Yeah, it's not on the level I describe because Batman sucks.

Spider-Man would undoubtedly kick the shit out Batman, as stated by pretty much everyone on this site and others (except for you, maybe). Captain America would too. Captain America has comparable skill feats, is an equal or better tactician, is stronger and faster, and has a better close quarters weapon, what part of the fight is Batman winning?

How about in every debate having to do with Batman? You twist every feat, such as those "bullet-dodging" feats, where you've never given a feat which has Batman sitting still, a bullet heading towards him, and then him dodging. How about the scans you just pulled? Batman's "fight" with Wonder Woman, the whole Aquaman thing completely out of context, really, one out of context hit against Darkseid? That's fan-wanking. In the earlier debate about Daredevil, you said that Man Bats were more powerful than MGH enhanced Yakuzas without even knowing what MGH does, that's fan wanking. It literally happens all of the time.

#107 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:40 PM

Kicking Darkseid once with the help of a Motherbox, and getting your ass subsequently handed to you is not a feat. First of all, that scan provides no context of anything. This is fan-wanking right here. Aquaman was severely weakened and not even trying to fight. Plus, you didn't even give a scan of the actual fight at all.

The version of Solomon Grundy that Batman fights is not impressive at all. Batman has never beaten Wonder Woman. They've sparred, Wonder Woman not using her superhuman abilities. When Cap KOd the Hulk, the Hulk wasn't not using his super strength. In fact, when Wonder Woman was not sparring, she beat the shit out of Batman so easily it was a comic event. She threw him through a building and then threatened to squash his head in like a watermelon, it was a stomp.

Yeah, it's not on the level I describe because Batman sucks.

Spider-Man would undoubtedly kick the shit out Batman, as stated by pretty much everyone on this site and others (except for you, maybe). Captain America would too. Captain America has comparable skill feats, is an equal or better tactician, is stronger and faster, and has a better close quarters weapon, what part of the fight is Batman winning?

How about in every debate having to do with Batman? You twist every feat, such as those "bullet-dodging" feats, where you've never given a feat which has Batman sitting still, a bullet heading towards him, and then him dodging. How about the scans you just pulled? Batman's "fight" with Wonder Woman, the whole Aquaman thing completely out of context, really, one out of context hit against Darkseid? That's fan-wanking. In the earlier debate about Daredevil, you said that Man Bats were more powerful than MGH enhanced Yakuzas without even knowing what MGH does, that's fan wanking. It literally happens all of the time.

There are obviously things you misunderstood. One hit against Onslaught is just as much as a non-feat. Here is the full fights against Aquaman. 

lotdcu27-batvsaquaman1.jpg

lotdcu27-batvsaquaman2.jpg

They are on the seashore, Aquaman is hydrated, and Batman beats his ass. So instead of playing the fan wanking card, try an actual argument. They usually work better.

I didn't mean he beat her, I mean he has used pressure points to make someone as durable as Wonder Woman scream in pain. I was referring to when you said DD uses pressure points more effectively. Solomon Grundy is still impressive, but not as impressive as Hulk obviously.

No, it's because Captain America is his physical superior.

Go read the thread "commonly done fights that are actually stomps" and get back to me. Anyway, Batman is more skilled as you said, and I believe enough so to even out the physical difference. Batman is the superior strategist and tactician, and I can provide feats proving so. I also find it funny that you didn't once mention Batman's utility belt, a significant factor in his favor. Now, Cap does have resistance to gasses and the like. But Batman has dozens of other gadgets to assist him, cryo pellets, tranquilizer darts, explosive batarangs, tazers, ect. That is what he is winning in.

This should be good. I don't twist every feat. One of the scans I post alone isn't proof of bullet dodging, no. But the fact that all those were done by the same character makes it plausible, and nowhere near "fan-wanking." And how about this one, which I posted in DD debate I believe. Batman sitting still while man shoots at him, next panel he is out of the way.

lotdk176-batspeed2.jpg

Already addressed Wonder Woman, he didn't beat her in a fight and never could, but I was saying that it is impressive that he made her scream in pain with pressure points, and I'll post the scan if necessary. I just corrected the Aquaman situation by posting the whole fight. So your out of context hit on Onslaught isn't fan wanking? Funny how that works. Here is the Darkseid punch.

batkickdseid.jpg

The blue aura is protecting him from omega beams, not increasing strength. As for the Man-Bats, I never said that in the entire thread, if you find this imaginary snippet post it here.

#108 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

Batman can make WW scream in other ways than pressure points.. ;)

#109 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

Batman can make WW scream in other ways than pressure points.. ;)

:lol:

#110 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

There are obviously things you misunderstood. One hit against Onslaught is just as much as a non-feat. Here is the full fights against Aquaman. 

lotdcu27-batvsaquaman1.jpg

lotdcu27-batvsaquaman2.jpg

They are on the seashore, Aquaman is hydrated, and Batman beats his ass. So instead of playing the fan wanking card, try an actual argument. They usually work better.

I didn't mean he beat her, I mean he has used pressure points to make someone as durable as Wonder Woman scream in pain. I was referring to when you said DD uses pressure points more effectively. Solomon Grundy is still impressive, but not as impressive as Hulk obviously.

No, it's because Captain America is his physical superior.

Go read the thread "commonly done fights that are actually stomps" and get back to me. Anyway, Batman is more skilled as you said, and I believe enough so to even out the physical difference. Batman is the superior strategist and tactician, and I can provide feats proving so. I also find it funny that you didn't once mention Batman's utility belt, a significant factor in his favor. Now, Cap does have resistance to gasses and the like. But Batman has dozens of other gadgets to assist him, cryo pellets, tranquilizer darts, explosive batarangs, tazers, ect. That is what he is winning in.

This should be good. I don't twist every feat. One of the scans I post alone isn't proof of bullet dodging, no. But the fact that all those were done by the same character makes it plausible, and nowhere near "fan-wanking." And how about this one, which I posted in DD debate I believe. Batman sitting still while man shoots at him, next panel he is out of the way.

lotdk176-batspeed2.jpg

Already addressed Wonder Woman, he didn't beat her in a fight and never could, but I was saying that it is impressive that he made her scream in pain with pressure points, and I'll post the scan if necessary. I just corrected the Aquaman situation by posting the whole fight. So your out of context hit on Onslaught isn't fan wanking? Funny how that works. Here is the Darkseid punch.

batkickdseid.jpg

The blue aura is protecting him from omega beams, not increasing strength. As for the Man-Bats, I never said that in the entire thread, if you find this imaginary snippet post it here.

Oh really, give me context then, what was the situation for the Aquaman scan? Which comic, what was happening? And the one hit from Onslaught wasn't just a hit with blood for artistic effect, it was a full stun. He was down for 3 panels afterwards, allowing the Avengers to regain the upper hand. This is a reality warping entity with immense power. 

Pressure points? He just punched her in the stomach (which should have shattered his hand, but whatever, if he can make Darkseid bleed, then I guess).

What about that thread? What does that have to do with anything? Solomon Grundy, the version batman fights, has been taken down by Green arrow and Speedy without much trouble before. Also, all of those gadgets you just named can be deflected with no consequence by Captain America's shield. One hit of which will probably severely injure Batman. Batman does not have the skill feats to oust Captain America in any way by a margin that you're trying to pull off, they're exactly even as far as I can tell. Captain America has beaten every capable martial artist in the Marvel Universe that he has fought, just like Batman has done in the DCU, he is top tier, you literally cannot get more skilled than that. Even in JLA/Avengers they are portrayed to be of exactly equal skill. And Batman is a better strategist, but he isn't a better tactician. This is the guy who's lead the Avengers tactically, on literally everything. Every major event Secret War, Age of Ultron, Fear Itself, it's Cap's plan, or some facet of it, that saves the ass of the entire Marvel Universe. Even Tony, a strategical genius, looks to Cap.

That is actually a plausible bullet-dodging feat, it's far better than anything you've shown thus far, and no, you didn't post it on the Daredevil thread, if it you did, I didn't see it. It's still nowhere close to as impressive as Daredevil's bullet-swatting or Cap's stuff though.

It's not an out of context hit. Onslaught did not recover and kick Capt. America's ass. That hit turned the tide of the whole battle, and he was down for a good while. It happened in Onslaught Reborn 1. And I've read Batman/Superman #42, that phase thing protects him from Darkseid (who was severely weakened at the time from Death of the New Gods) and the kick had no lasting effect whatsoever. The blood was for artistic effect purely. You most definitely said that in the Daredevil thread. After I posted, you automatically said that Bruce taking on Man-Bats was more impressive even though you didn't even know anything about MGH.

#111 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

Oh really, give me context then, what was the situation for the Aquaman scan? Which comic, what was happening? And the one hit from Onslaught wasn't just a hit with blood for artistic effect, it was a full stun. He was down for 3 panels afterwards, allowing the Avengers to regain the upper hand. This is a reality warping entity with immense power. 

Pressure points? He just punched her in the stomach (which should have shattered his hand, but whatever, if he can make Darkseid bleed, then I guess).

What about that thread? What does that have to do with anything? Solomon Grundy, the version batman fights, has been taken down by Green arrow and Speedy without much trouble before. Also, all of those gadgets you just named can be deflected with no consequence by Captain America's shield. One hit of which will probably severely injure Batman. Batman does not have the skill feats to oust Captain America in any way by a margin that you're trying to pull off, they're exactly even as far as I can tell. Captain America has beaten every capable martial artist in the Marvel Universe that he has fought, just like Batman has done in the DCU, he is top tier, you literally cannot get more skilled than that. Even in JLA/Avengers they are portrayed to be of exactly equal skill. And Batman is a better strategist, but he isn't a better tactician. This is the guy who's lead the Avengers tactically, on literally everything. Every major event Secret War, Age of Ultron, Fear Itself, it's Cap's plan, or some facet of it, that saves the ass of the entire Marvel Universe. Even Tony, a strategical genius, looks to Cap.

That is actually a plausible bullet-dodging feat, it's far better than anything you've shown thus far, and no, you didn't post it on the Daredevil thread, if it you did, I didn't see it. It's still nowhere close to as impressive as Daredevil's bullet-swatting or Cap's stuff though.

It's not an out of context hit. Onslaught did not recover and kick Capt. America's ass. That hit turned the tide of the whole battle, and he was down for a good while. It happened in Onslaught Reborn 1. And I've read Batman/Superman #42, that phase thing protects him from Darkseid (who was severely weakened at the time from Death of the New Gods) and the kick had no lasting effect whatsoever. The blood was for artistic effect purely. You most definitely said that in the Daredevil thread. After I posted, you automatically said that Bruce taking on Man-Bats was more impressive even though you didn't even know anything about MGH.

Joker had taken over Atlantis, and Aquaman came to the surface searching for an antidote to joker toxin. Aquaman was not poisoned when he fought Batman. If I remember correctly it happens in some Legends of the DC Universe. And Batman kicking Darkseid stunned Darkseid momentarily, but it does sound like Caps hit on Onslaught is more impressive since it had a major impact on the fight.

I'm not sure the instance you are referring to, but in a sparring match where Wonder Woman is blindfolded, he delivers some sort of strike to her ears or the side of her head, and she screams in agony.

In that thread I say that Spider-Man trashes Batman. All the gadgets I just named? Cryo pellets will easily be deflected by the shield? Right. And what if Batman throws sonic batarangs? Obviously someone of Cap's willpower won't be incapacitated when his ears are bleeding, but it will have an effect on his performance. Oh, and I've heard a lot of talk about Captain America knocking Batman out with his shield. What if a batarang slams into the base of Cap's skull? This is a guy who threw a glass cutter into the barrel of Deadshot's gun, and knocks out/disarms three people by throwing a gun. Why couldn't he ricochet a shot off the wall into Cap's head? And Batman has plenty of skill feats. Beating Ra's al Ghul, someone who has trained in martial arts for more than 500 years, stalemating Karate Kid, and beating people like David Cain and Bronze Tiger. The only person Cap has beaten who is on the level of these foes is Iron Fist. This is the guy who leads the Justice League, and who was able to plan out a return to the 21st century without destroying the time stream.

You're right, I didn't post it in the Daredevil thread. My mistake. It isn't as impressive, no, but it shows that Batman is a bullet dodger.

I just read through the entire thread without editing anything, and I didn't find the line you refer to. You haven't turned up any evidence of fan-wanking.

#112 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

I don't think Cap would knock Batman out in one hit since in the fight with DD he hit DD a lot before winning.

#113 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

Joker had taken over Atlantis, and Aquaman came to the surface searching for an antidote to joker toxin. Aquaman was not poisoned when he fought Batman. If I remember correctly it happens in some Legends of the DC Universe. And Batman kicking Darkseid stunned Darkseid momentarily, but it does sound like Caps hit on Onslaught is more impressive since it had a major impact on the fight.

I'm not sure the instance you are referring to, but in a sparring match where Wonder Woman is blindfolded, he delivers some sort of strike to her ears or the side of her head, and she screams in agony.

In that thread I say that Spider-Man trashes Batman. All the gadgets I just named? Cryo pellets will easily be deflected by the shield? Right. And what if Batman throws sonic batarangs? Obviously someone of Cap's willpower won't be incapacitated when his ears are bleeding, but it will have an effect on his performance. Oh, and I've heard a lot of talk about Captain America knocking Batman out with his shield. What if a batarang slams into the base of Cap's skull? This is a guy who threw a glass cutter into the barrel of Deadshot's gun, and knocks out/disarms three people by throwing a gun. Why couldn't he ricochet a shot off the wall into Cap's head? And Batman has plenty of skill feats. Beating Ra's al Ghul, someone who has trained in martial arts for more than 500 years, stalemating Karate Kid, and beating people like David Cain and Bronze Tiger. The only person Cap has beaten who is on the level of these foes is Iron Fist. This is the guy who leads the Justice League, and who was able to plan out a return to the 21st century without destroying the time stream.

You're right, I didn't post it in the Daredevil thread. My mistake. It isn't as impressive, no, but it shows that Batman is a bullet dodger.

I just read through the entire thread without editing anything, and I didn't find the line you refer to. You haven't turned up any evidence of fan-wanking.

I read Legends of the DC Universe number 27. That was an extremely young Aquaman, who had been exiled and was thus roaming on the dry land of Gotham for an extended period of time. Not as impressive as Cap beating a fully hydrated Namor.

Again, a sparring match isn't the real thing, especially if Wonder Woman was blindfolded.

Well then, considering Cap has beaten Spider-Man, there you go. Cryo pellets will be repelled by the shield, why the hell wouldn't they? Sonic Batarangs can be repelled by the shield as well, it has vibranium, which absorbs sound. He beat Klaw, who is literally made out of high intensity sound, he won't have trouble at all with sonic batarangs. Because Cap can easily dodge Batarangs or deflect them with a shield or catch them. His suit's taken high explosion and gunfire, a batarang wouldn't do anything even if it did land, which is highly improbable.

David Cain and Bronze Tiger have beaten Batman also. Iron Fist, Daredevil, Wolverine, Moon Knight, Black Widow, Winter Soldier, Taskmaster etc. There's nothing skill-wise that puts Batman over Captain America. Superman leads the Justice League, not Batman. Also, how is coming back through time indicate tactical ability? That's just PIS. Captain America also came back through time without disrupting the time stream, so?

#114 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

Some more feats to put it into perspective.

Cap has beaten an enraged Namor while also fending off Cyclops, beating the shit out of Blaastar, and almost killing Hope.

Cap has beaten Classic Molecule Man. No, that is not out of context. This is not a weakened Molecule Man (he took out Silver Surfer two panels before).

He has beaten Thor (by separating him from his hammer and causing him to revert to human form). He's also beaten The Hulk.

He beat Absorbing Man. And the Wrecking Crew. And Mr. Hyde (while simultaneously fighting The Scorpion) These are Thor/Hulk level villains.

Although he didn't win, he's also fought Carnage Silver Surfer, Magneto, and Loki and managed to put up quite a good showing against them.

Batman's out of his weight class.

#115 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

Maybe Bats should have more writers prone to PIS.

#116 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

Sorry Cap's feats are all canon. Not PIS. Though some of them are just annoying.

#117 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

Yeah.. except PIS (in the context I used above) occurs when a character is able to do things he normally isn't able to do or otherwise is incapable of doing for the sake of the plot. (Which I'm guessing for Cap was to make him look cool. I guess wearing the American Flag is uncool nowadays)
PIS is debatable.
I say Red Hood is PIS because his exsistence is just that: Plot Induced stupidity.
So yeah, if I consider a certain feat PIS, then duh, obviously it's PIS to me.

Examples:
-Cap defeating Hulk, Thor, etc.
-Batman defeating Superman, hurting WW, etc.
-Black Panther choking Silver Surfer
-Sentry's exsistence
-Roy Harper gaining the upper hand on DS
-DS making Kyle Raynor his bitch
-Spiderman beating Firelord, pwning Iron Man in Back in Black, etc.

#118 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

Some more feats to put it into perspective.

Cap has beaten an enraged Namor while also fending off Cyclops, beating the shit out of Blaastar, and almost killing Hope.

Cap has beaten Classic Molecule Man. No, that is not out of context. This is not a weakened Molecule Man (he took out Silver Surfer two panels before).

He has beaten Thor (by separating him from his hammer and causing him to revert to human form). He's also beaten The Hulk.

He beat Absorbing Man. And the Wrecking Crew. And Mr. Hyde (while simultaneously fighting The Scorpion) These are Thor/Hulk level villains.

Although he didn't win, he's also fought Carnage Silver Surfer, Magneto, and Loki and managed to put up quite a good showing against them.

Batman's out of his weight class.

If you are going to pass those feats off as valid, than kid gloves are coming off. I have posted this before, but here it is again. Batman has handled (easily) an attack from Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, and Green Lantern. Throughout the course of the fight he reacts and moves faster than Flash, gains the upper hand on Wonder Woman, MM and Aquaman in H2H combat, and by the end of the battle has WW, Flash, Aquaman, and Green Lantern incapacitated on the floor, and MM ending the fight by showing Batman they are on the same side. So he's certainly no out of his weight class, as you put it.

Batman has killed dozens of Doomsday clones that were fighting relatively evenly with Superman and Wonder Woman.

Batman has defeated Blackbriar Thorn.

On multiple occasions Batman has fought Metallo.

Batman (with some help from Nightwing) has beaten an Amazo prototype, and beaten him another time alone.

Batman has defeated one of the Four Horsemen, who had fought evenly with Black Adam. The other horsemen were being engaged by Wonder Woman and Superman.

Batman has defeated a manifestation of the God of Vengeance, even when the arcane device he was planning on using was destroyed.

Other's include taking down soldiers who had been trained to take down superman, beating the Seven Men of Death using a suit that makes him more aggressive, fought off Composite Superman, and many more. So to say that Batman is out of his weight class is ignorant. And I would like to see the scans of the fight with Molecule Man.

#119 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

If you are going to pass those feats off as valid, than kid gloves are coming off. I have posted this before, but here it is again. Batman has handled (easily) an attack from Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, and Green Lantern. Throughout the course of the fight he reacts and moves faster than Flash, gains the upper hand on Wonder Woman, MM and Aquaman in H2H combat, and by the end of the battle has WW, Flash, Aquaman, and Green Lantern incapacitated on the floor, and MM ending the fight by showing Batman they are on the same side. So he's certainly no out of his weight class, as you put it.

Batman has killed dozens of Doomsday clones that were fighting relatively evenly with Superman and Wonder Woman.

Batman has defeated Blackbriar Thorn.

On multiple occasions Batman has fought Metallo.

Batman (with some help from Nightwing) has beaten an Amazo prototype, and beaten him another time alone.

Batman has defeated one of the Four Horsemen, who had fought evenly with Black Adam. The other horsemen were being engaged by Wonder Woman and Superman.

Batman has defeated a manifestation of the God of Vengeance, even when the arcane device he was planning on using was destroyed.

Other's include taking down soldiers who had been trained to take down superman, beating the Seven Men of Death using a suit that makes him more aggressive, fought of Composite Superman, and many more. So to say that Batman is out of his weight class is ignorant. And I would like to see the scans of the fight with Molecule Man.

http://s118.photobuc...216-16.jpg.html

http://s118.photobuc...216-17.jpg.html

http://s118.photobuc...216-18.jpg.html

He's also beaten Korvac, who is more powerful than anyone you've mentioned in your post. It happened in Cap vol. 3 #17-19. Korvac beat Cap hundreds of times, each time, sending him back in time to relive his defeat. Cap got back up every time and eventually kicked the shit out of someone who could take Galactus and Eternity.

Lol. The Doomsday clones from S/B weren't anywhere near as powerful as the original Doomsday, shown by the fact that they were taken out by explosive batarangs. Nice try though.

BlackBriar Thorn isn't much of a physical fighter. Still, I would like to know how, and the context. Cryo? Batwing? Batmobile?

Has he ever won? Also, Metallo isn't that impressive if you're not vulnerable to Kryptonite.

Twist feat, this Amazo was nowhere near as powerful as the one the JLA fought. He was incapacitated by a pack of C4. Not impressive at all.

More feat-twisting. First of all, Black Adam defeated all 4 by HIMSELF. Second of all, Batman fought Pestilence, and defeated him by injecting him with morphine. Yep, real impressive there, lol.

He defeated the Spectre? Really? I want to hear more about this.

Men trained to take down Superman? There have been a lot of men trained to take down Superman, they're usually not very succesful, also, that could just mean they have kryptonite/red sun based weaponry. Not very impressive unless I know more.

Well, if he's using a suit, then it's not very impressive. Hell, it wouldn't be impressive without the suit, the fact that he needed a suit makes it pathetic. They're a bunch of unknowns within the League of Assassins, with absolutely no feats to speak of.

That's bs. The only post crisis fight with Composite Superman he told CS that he couldn't be everywhere at once and that psychological crack sent him fleeing. Batman didn't fight off CS at all.

#120 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

http://s118.photobuc...216-16.jpg.html

http://s118.photobuc...216-17.jpg.html

http://s118.photobuc...216-18.jpg.html

Yeah, I figured that the feat was less impressive than it sounded. Batman (or most street levelers) could have dodged through dozens of their own motif to take him down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users