#1 Magnamax

Magnamax

Don't feed him after midnight

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

*This takes place immediately following the Battle of Blackwater Bay

Sandor Clegane stumbled through to the Kingswood, just now beginning to recover from his drunken stupor. His horribly burned face was covered in soot and ash from the battle, with droplets of blood freckling his cheeks. The battle had drained the man they called The Hound, the fire had been all around him. That damned dwarf, he thought, piss on his Wildfire and piss on his battle. Even if they won it would only be a matter of time before The Young Wolf starts the fighting all over again. He had enough of the Lannisters and their plans, the only plan was a sharp sword and a strong arm.

He continued to stumble over roots and branches, when he heard a rattle coming from his belt. His tournament earnings were still in a small pouch tied about his waist. Good, he thought, something to get a bed and wine. Though in reality, The Hound seldom had to pay for such things.

Almost wish some of the Imp's damnable mountain men would show up, he thought, relieve the boredom of stamping through these woo...

"Awfully dark for a walk by yourself, eh?"

Sandor wheeled around to see Bronn, clad in his dirty boiled leather and mail standing across the way from him.

"Now what are you doing so far from the boy king's leash?" Bronn said with an indignant smile.

"What are you doing so far from the Imp's?" Clegane spat back. Bronn chortled slightly.

"You know," he said, "The penalty for deserting is death." The Hound laughed heartily at that, it sounded like a table being sawed in half.

"And who's going to do that, you?"

"I was planning to, yes," Bronn responded simply, Clegane laughed again.

"Whatever the Imp's paying you, it isn't worth what I'm about to do to you, little man."

"Aye, little I might be but that won't matter when you're dead. As for the payment, it's more than enough but I also didn't mind having to go after you." Bronn then drew his sword and got into a ready position, one hand on the dagger sheathed at his back.

"I was hoping you would do something stupid like that," The Hound growled, drawing his own sword and charging towards Bronn.

So Sandor is armed with his sword, Hound helm, shield and plate armor against Bronn with his sword and knives, boiled leather and mail and no shield. Who wins?

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

Learn More About
Sandor Clegane
Read more about Sandor Clegane at Wikipedia
Official Site: George R.R. Martin Links: Wikipedia Song of Ice and Fire Wiki Game of Thrones Wiki

Bronn
Read more about Bronn at Wikipedia
Official Site: George R.R. Martin Links: Wikipedia Song of Ice and Fire Wiki Game of Thrones Wiki

#3 Hastur

Hastur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:34 AM

Skillwise, I don't think there's a Transitive Property link between these two.  Given how they're armed, though, I'd say Sandor; in order to take someone in plate, Bronn will have to wear Clegaine out before he can stick him in a joint, and with his lack of shield  he'll have to dodge a LOT of blows to get to that point.  Plus, since Clegaine just wants to leave, Bronn will have to take the offensive, which is at odds with that strategy.

#4 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

Dunno - the helm leaves much of Clegane's head exposed, which the much quicker Bronn could easily exploit. I think he could dodge some of the Hound's blows and move in to end it quickly via a dagger stab to the face.

#5 badpierce

badpierce

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Football, xbox, Sci fi

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

Great fight. I would give it to the hound. He is more powerful and just as skilled and has better armor.

#6 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

I have to give it to the Hound, with the listed stipulations in the OP. It's possible for Bronn to win, but a lot of things would have to go just right in order to it to happen. The odds are most certainly against him.

Realistically, men with light armor/weaponry and no shield do not beat plate-wearing opponents carrying a shield.

#7 Hastur

Hastur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

Oops.  Reassessment.  In the books, Bronn did JUST this with another knight, pretty handily.  The differences in this match: Sandor Clegaine, without a helm, in the dark, and Bronn has a dagger as well.

Man, this just gets harder and harder to call.  I guess it's a question of whether having a dagger and his opponent unhelmed will counterbalance his opponent being stronger and more skilled than his last foe under these circumstances.

#8 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

Yeah. Best knight in the Vale, dressed in full plate and equipped with a shield, and Bronn won with only leather armor and a sword via tiring him out.

#9 Hastur

Hastur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:37 AM

Yeah. Best knight in the Vale,

IIRC, he wasn't the most skilled, he just had more of Lady Arryn's favor than the others.

#10 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

In the book, he was looked upon as one of Arryn's favored warriors as I recall, prior to his death. S'why they all expected Bronn to die.

#11 Magnamax

Magnamax

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

I don't Bronn's fight with Egan can relate as much to The Hound.

He was a respected warrior in the Vale but by the time he was throwing down with Bronn, Ser Vardis Egan was old. I think we're supposed to see how out of touch Lysa is by selecting him. Egan also certainly wasn't the best warrior in attendance, as Lord Lyn Corbray, Bronze Yohn Royce and possibly the Blackfish all being in the Vale at the time. Also, Egan lost due to rigidly sticking to "honorable combat," something The Hound shouldn't struggle with.

#12 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
michalecs gives it a grade of: B
JohnnyChany gives it a grade of: A Nice Fight!
SCORE
Sandor Clegane: 7
Bronn: 6
FPA: 3.5

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game of Thrones, Bronn, The Hound

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users