#1 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

Hi All

I'm trying to work out the math on creating Fantasy Season matches.  In a perfect scenario the characters on a users team would get more than one individual match.  In order to accommodate that there's basically two options:

A. Have more matches up at one time

B. Have more rounds

In your opinion is having, say, 50 matches to look at up for a week just too many?  Follow up question... if there are only 25 matches up but their lifespan is 3.5 days (half a week) is that too short?

Or does 25 matches lasting 5 days per round (only One individual match per character) sound easiest to digest for voters?

Looking for feedback on it.  I do not want to throw up so many matches that people cannot deal with it.  Thanks!

#2 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

Yeah on CBUB it's probably best not to do too many matches at once  and have the Rounds last like 3.5 days. Honestly I say 25 matches for 4 days is good enough. If people are this interested in the Fantasy Draft they will definitely take the time to look at all the matches.

Speaking of voting does everybody vote on the matches?

#3 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

Wasn't the life span of matches three days a few years back? I seem to remember that, and it used to work out fine. There were plenty of matches up at a time, with most having lengthy set ups. So, the way I see it, 25 no-scenario matches for 3.5 days should work out just fine. I can see plenty of matches going without heated debate, but I figure most every match will have a good number of votes, and at least two people going back and forth on why their character should win.

#4 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Bowling, reading

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

Yah, I agree having more rounds and making matches a a little shorter would seem like the best option. The 3-4 day length range seems like a good length. I feel like 3.5 would be a good place to start. Since, the matchups will be somewhat simpler (in most cases) we won't won't need more than 4 days. 3.5 days seems like a good middle place to start

#5 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

good feedback, thanks

#6 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

I concur with the others about 3/4 day matches.

Will they be marked as Fantasy Draft matches or will they appear as regular rumbles?

#7 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

I concur with the others about 3/4 day matches.

Will they be marked as Fantasy Draft matches or will they appear as regular rumbles?

They are going to go to their own board I guess.

#8 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

Gah, sorry I didn't make a team for this draft. I've been pretty busy of late, so I haven't had too much time or energy to do too much EF-related, including place an entry in this month's Challenge. Maybe I'll get a team in next draft season. 

Anyways, just so we're clear, will we still be able to make matches independent of the draft? And did I see something about lowering the possible maximum number of active CBUB matches? 

#9 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

Anyways, just so we're clear, will we still be able to make matches independent of the draft? And did I see something about lowering the possible maximum number of active CBUB matches? 

Yep, nothing has changed.  Rated matches and Rumbles, go for it!  The Season matches will go to a separate board.

No plans to lower the maximum number of active matches.  Just trying to figure out how many CBUB Season matches are tolerable for people to have up at once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users