#1 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

I am turning 22 tomorrow, and I just don't care.  I remember being younger and looking forward to my birthday, and how the following day stunk cause it was over with.  At this point the only birthday I am looking forward to is 25. 

At what age did you guys stop getting excited for your birthday?  If you could pick an age to be, what would it be?

Personally, after I turned 16, I stopped caring about birthdays.  I don't smoke tobacco or go to strip clubs, so 18 did not mean anything.  I'm not a big drinker so 21 did not mean much.

If I had to pick an age to be, I'd say 14.  Young enough to not have real world responsibilities(i.e. paying bills, working full time), and still be naive, and have a sense of wonder about the world.  I yearn for the years where summer vacation meant something.  Now a days to me, it just means hot weather.

#2 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

What's that saying... you're only as old as you feel?  Something like that.  Anyways, 22 seems like it's far too early to get the age blues.  You need to save that up for a really good anxiety attack at 30.

#3 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

I stopped caring about my birthdays at around 13 or 14, probably even sooner than that. And a while ago I had to have a friend of mine remind me that I wasn't 23, but 22. So that's how much I care about my age.

Although to be fair, now that I am of the legal age I do think it quite cool that I could go with my friends to a strip club legally.

#4 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

I honestly hate strip clubs.  I've been to them 3 times and kicked myself in the ass each time.  I literally felt like I was playing GTA.  I could feel an inch of smut cover my body as soon as I walked in.  I took a shower when I got home each time.

#5 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

I like the fact that I can go to bars, even though I rarely use that privilege.

#6 The Rookie

The Rookie

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:05 AM

well even if you enjoy strip clubs you gotta take a shower when you get home

it takes about a week to get all that glitter off, might as well start early

#7 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

I'm 28 in november...

I really don't know where the last half decade of my life went. I wasn't really doing anything with it.

That's the thing, if you can look back and feel old, it makes it feel good if you can say "I spent that time well".

It only really feels like shit when you look back and can't find anything of note in those lost years...

#8 skykorean

skykorean

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • Interests:Video games,Comics, World of Darkness, and still god...deal with it.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

Age for me is weird, because I never feel my age after middle school. Maybe because I play pokemon and other video games that really doesn't aim towards my current age group. However I stop caring about birthdays around 14 because it was really nothing special. Get birthday present, go out to eat and there. Over time it devolve to go out and even further to do nothing. Also getting old does suck as there really is nothing to look forward towards.

#9 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

My 20th birthday was awesome because I had a good workout and my coach pointed it out. Then I went out for ice cream with my "big brother" on the team. It was cool. For my 21st birthday, it kind of sucked because I had homework so I couldn't go to bed early. That or I was too busy playing Borderlands 2 to go to bed early. ONE OF THE TWO.

#10 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

I was 21 on Monday. It's exam season though, so I'm not celebrating it until June. When that rolls around though, I'm having a massive party and getting bladdered. It'll be great.

No idea why like. 21 means nothing in this country. But hey, booze. 

#11 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

Wow, you guys are a bunch of downers! If my birthday is crap, I always try to look at it in high spirits. I prefer to always focus on the positive and not the negative, and look back at all the laughs me and my mates have had.

#12 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

I'm 28 in november...

I really don't know where the last half decade of my life went. I wasn't really doing anything with it.

That's the thing, if you can look back and feel old, it makes it feel good if you can say "I spent that time well".

It only really feels like shit when you look back and can't find anything of note in those lost years...

this is where I am at I am only 23 and but I fill like I was 17 only yesterday the last couple of years have flown by I fill like I should still be in high school.

it's kind of strange but I like to get nostalgic on my birthday I break out the x-men tas dvds  and my old wcw wrestling dvds and watch them until it's time for my surprise party.

#13 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

Are any of your birthdays near a national Holdiay?  I doubt it.

I've lived my life with my birthday near Christmas.  Hell, my college graduation was in December and I asked for one gift that combined the three together. 

And then last year, oh god last year SUCKED.  It snowed on my b-day leading me to crash my car. 

So while getting older may "suck" for you, it can be worse.

It's all in the mind. 

#14 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

I never once complained about my birthdays. They've all been pretty successful.

#15 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

I'm not trying to come off as complaining.  I'm trying to come off saying that it could be worse.

#16 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

Birthday celebrations have become less exciting in the last few years, but nothing has gone horribly wrong on them, so...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users