4 replies to this topic

#1 LuisLim

LuisLim

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

A time warp causes Freddy to travel back to the past where Dracula ruled over Translyvania. Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers were also transported along with him. Using Jason and Michael to kill the villagers for them to have nightmares so he can power himself up.

Dracula notices this and summons Frankenstein's monster and the wolfman to help him.

This is the classic versions of Freddy, Jason and Michael.

The battle takes place in Dracula's castle but might sometimes switch over to the Dream World.

Which group of monsters come out on top?

#2 Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:00 AM

What version of the Frankenstein, Dracula and Wolfman are you using?

Novel Frankenstein is highly intelligent and huge (8' tall.) He's also faster and more agile than a human. In most of the prose follow ups, he is also deathless and almost impossible to hurt. He would crush Michael and overpower Jason.

Classic/Universal movie Frankenstein has the deathless and hard to hurt thing going for him. He isn't as big or as smart as novel Frankenstein but is still immensely strong. He would still crush Michael (a butcher knife is going to do very little against him.)

Classic/Hammer movie Frankenstein is strong and reasonably agile but not especially big. He is more hideously deformed but is much less impressive in combat. IMO Jason could beat him and even Michael would have a good chance.

Robert deNiro Frankenstein - I missed this one.

Van Helsing movie Frankenstein. A big, clumsy, whiny man with a circuit door in his head. He is about as useless a character as I've ever seen in a monster movie and anyone could beat him. (Of the three, he was supposed to be the impressive giant. When the VH team chose to make Dracula in CGI-bat form, Wolf-Man, and even Mr. Hyde much bigger and more impressive than him I was really irritated. It's just one example of his Sommers has no respect for his source material at all. :angry:

Classic Universal movie Wolf-man. Fierce, powerful and cannot be killed except by a silver bullet (even then it doesn't take.) He would tear Michael to pieces. Wolf-man vs Jason would be a long and brutal match, but in the end Talbot's ability to come back from anything but a silver weapon would allow him to triumph.

Benecio del Toro movie Wolf-Man (Larry Talbot) - Pretty much the same as classic WM but with better special effects. He would thrash Michael and Jason even faster than classic Talbot.

Van Helsing Wolf-Man (Velkan Valerious) - A big (about 9' tall) CGI werewolf. I hate that, in a movie that's supposed to be an homage to the Universal horror movies they drop the name Larry Talbot and all the material Universal built up around it in favor of a throwaway generic werewolf. Still, this guy is big and nasty enough to rip up Michael and Jason.

Novel Dracula - As strong as 20 men with various mystical and shape-shifting powers. During his life as a human, he studied sorcery at the Scholomance. He has powers to control humans and can influence dreams.He is vulnerable to holy symbols but sunlight only weakens him. Oddly, he is killed by a normal knife. He could destroy Michael with his bare hands (as he crushed the insanely strong Renfield) and could do something like summon a horde of rats to devour Jason. I honestly don't know how it would go down between him and Freddie, but he's probably the only one on his team who could deal with him on his own terms at all. 

Movie Dracula (Universal) Completely immune to bullets and able to overpower human antagonists effortlessly. Powerful hypnotism and bat-form. He is vulnerable to holy symbols, sunlight, and wooden stakes. I think he'd be too much for Jason or Michael but would fall to Freddie.

Movie Dracula (Hammer) - Very similar to Universal dracula, but he's played by Christopher Lee, which should allow him to beat his enemies on sheer coolness.

Bram Stoker's Dracula - Probably the closest of the movie versions to the novels. I think he'd do as well as the novel version.

Van Helsing Dracula - This is Vladislaus Dracula. Yes, Sommers managed to get even Dracula's name (Vlad) wrong. It's not short for anything, it's just Vlad. :angry:  No matter. This guy is able to assume a 9' tall devil-bat form that's a physical match for their version of the Wolf-Man and is a tremendously powerful sorcerer. I think he can take all three of the other team by himself. It was a stupid movie, but Sommers' monsters are as powerful as his bloated SFX budget could make them (except Frankenstein for some inexplicable reason.)

On balance, I'd say most versions of Frank, Drac and Wolfie win this. Freddie's the only one who can really hurt them and they have a three on one advantage after they get rid of Michael and Jason.

#3 LuisLim

LuisLim

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

What version of the Frankenstein, Dracula and Wolfman are you using?

Novel Frankenstein is highly intelligent and huge (8' tall.) He's also faster and more agile than a human. In most of the prose follow ups, he is also deathless and almost impossible to hurt. He would crush Michael and overpower Jason.

Classic/Universal movie Frankenstein has the deathless and hard to hurt thing going for him. He isn't as big or as smart as novel Frankenstein but is still immensely strong. He would still crush Michael (a butcher knife is going to do very little against him.)

Classic/Hammer movie Frankenstein is strong and reasonably agile but not especially big. He is more hideously deformed but is much less impressive in combat. IMO Jason could beat him and even Michael would have a good chance.

Robert deNiro Frankenstein - I missed this one.

Van Helsing movie Frankenstein. A big, clumsy, whiny man with a circuit door in his head. He is about as useless a character as I've ever seen in a monster movie and anyone could beat him. (Of the three, he was supposed to be the impressive giant. When the VH team chose to make Dracula in CGI-bat form, Wolf-Man, and even Mr. Hyde much bigger and more impressive than him I was really irritated. It's just one example of his Sommers has no respect for his source material at all. :angry:

Classic Universal movie Wolf-man. Fierce, powerful and cannot be killed except by a silver bullet (even then it doesn't take.) He would tear Michael to pieces. Wolf-man vs Jason would be a long and brutal match, but in the end Talbot's ability to come back from anything but a silver weapon would allow him to triumph.

Benecio del Toro movie Wolf-Man (Larry Talbot) - Pretty much the same as classic WM but with better special effects. He would thrash Michael and Jason even faster than classic Talbot.

Van Helsing Wolf-Man (Velkan Valerious) - A big (about 9' tall) CGI werewolf. I hate that, in a movie that's supposed to be an homage to the Universal horror movies they drop the name Larry Talbot and all the material Universal built up around it in favor of a throwaway generic werewolf. Still, this guy is big and nasty enough to rip up Michael and Jason.

Novel Dracula - As strong as 20 men with various mystical and shape-shifting powers. During his life as a human, he studied sorcery at the Scholomance. He has powers to control humans and can influence dreams.He is vulnerable to holy symbols but sunlight only weakens him. Oddly, he is killed by a normal knife. He could destroy Michael with his bare hands (as he crushed the insanely strong Renfield) and could do something like summon a horde of rats to devour Jason. I honestly don't know how it would go down between him and Freddie, but he's probably the only one on his team who could deal with him on his own terms at all. 

Movie Dracula (Universal) Completely immune to bullets and able to overpower human antagonists effortlessly. Powerful hypnotism and bat-form. He is vulnerable to holy symbols, sunlight, and wooden stakes. I think he'd be too much for Jason or Michael but would fall to Freddie.

Movie Dracula (Hammer) - Very similar to Universal dracula, but he's played by Christopher Lee, which should allow him to beat his enemies on sheer coolness.

Bram Stoker's Dracula - Probably the closest of the movie versions to the novels. I think he'd do as well as the novel version.

Van Helsing Dracula - This is Vladislaus Dracula. Yes, Sommers managed to get even Dracula's name (Vlad) wrong. It's not short for anything, it's just Vlad. :angry:  No matter. This guy is able to assume a 9' tall devil-bat form that's a physical match for their version of the Wolf-Man and is a tremendously powerful sorcerer. I think he can take all three of the other team by himself. It was a stupid movie, but Sommers' monsters are as powerful as his bloated SFX budget could make them (except Frankenstein for some inexplicable reason.)

On balance, I'd say most versions of Frank, Drac and Wolfie win this. Freddie's the only one who can really hurt them and they have a three on one advantage after they get rid of Michael and Jason.

Sorry for not including that dude. That's what happens when you do a Rumble after night shift.

I would have to go with Classic/Hammer Frankenstein, Classic/Universal Wolfman and Novel Dracula. Since he had the entire Sorcery thing down with him. It could be an edge for him in the fight with Freddy.

#4 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

I am going with team 2.

#5 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

Don't forget Dracula from the Young Dracula show, who is shown to be much faster than any other version.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: horror

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users