#1 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

“N’hil does not care for intruders in his temple.”

Dinas turns and sees the angry, yet smirking, man in the dark cloak.

“Oh, uh, sorry I guess Mr. Knee Hill. I’m definitely not looting your temple, I’m just sort of…lost?”

“I’m not N’hil, I am Vastus. ”

Dinas nods and quietly unsheathes one of the daggers from her belt, and furtively pulls it behind her back.

“Oh, my mistake,” she says, “With all the ancient order stuff around here, I thought it was one of those, ‘I am the great and powerful wizard of speaking in third person’, type of deal.”

Vastus smiles and removes his cloak. He clenches his fist, cracking his knuckles.

“You might get that from the other monks who give themselves too much credit. Me, I’m a little more, downtown, I guess you could say. So are you attempting to steal our secrets, our artifacts, or do you just have a death wish?”

“Me? No I’m not looking for anything in particular, just a normal walk in.”

“Is that while you killed the monks guarding the entrance?”

“Oh, that?” She laughs, “Well you know how it is, you’re just sort of browsing, not looking for anything in particular, but the staff won’t leave you alone. It’s just annoying.

“Yes,” Vastus says, “I can see that. What they lacked in experience they made up for in zeal. They are in peace in the void now, but you’ll find that I am far less susceptible to cowards who strike from the shadows. I am the Sion of the God of Nothing, master of the endless void.”

“Sion for the God of Nothing? Wow. That sounds like a great set-up; except for the part where you have your eyes plucked out.”

Vastus begins to walk to his side; Dinas walks in the opposite direction, keeping equal distance between them.

“What I get in return, is far more useful,” Vastus says, “For example, if I still had my eyes they wouldn’t tell me that you’re palming that dagger. Only when you rely on nothing, and ignore your senses, can you know the world for what it lacks. Consider it as an upgrade to a better reality.”

“I’ve done that before,” Dinas says, “not a pleasant experience. Besides, I’m not entirely done enjoying this reality.”

“That’s too bad, because you don’t really have a choice,” Vastus says, “I have to replace the monks you killed upstairs, and your soul has a sense of, well, amorality, which I find promising. Throw down your weapons and you might make the cut for our new crop of initiate assassin nuns. Maybe not, you could also die in training... but you refuse to accept the void here and now in this life, I will send you to the void beyond… To put this in plain English, easy way, or hard way?”  

Dinas brings her hand to her chin and strokes it sarcastically.

“Tempting, tempting, but I’m not much of the cleric type. Besides the God of Nothing isn’t really my style; if it was the God of Stuff, then it might be different.”

“Prove yourself, and I can assure you gifts beyond common currency.”

“True, but then I wouldn’t be able to wink flirtatiously, and you can’t put a price on that.”

She winks playfully at the blind man, then throws the dagger; Vastus dodges the incoming weapon by barely moving sideways. The blade hums past his temple and into the back wall. He manipulates the void and tosses it towards the nimbly jumping elf, collapsing the door behind them, and sealing the dungeon into a tomb.        

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

Learn More About
Dinas Deo
Origination: Physical
Alignment: Hero
Team: Solo Heroes

Vastus
Origination: Divine
Alignment: Villain
Team: The Syndicate

#3 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

It's good to write a match that doesn't have those friggin pre-scripted descriptions. Though I do kind of miss the pics; I might add one here later

#4 Nihlium

Nihlium

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:Those things.You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, all of that stuff.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

I liked the set-up, I found myself smiling at some parts (I don't really laugh). These two have........ dare I say "chemistry", I wouldn't mind seeing a fic with them.

I now have two characters in active matches. Not sure if that is good or bad.

Edited by Nihlium, 12 May 2013 - 07:52 AM.

#5 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

Match Final Results
Dinas Deo Won a match against Vastus
7 to 6
Dinas Deo: 25 fame points
Vastus : -25 fame points

#6 Nihlium

Nihlium

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:Those things.You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, all of that stuff.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

This was expected, I just didn't think it'd be so close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users