3 replies to this topic

#1 MikeEB

MikeEB

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

Detonator Dan was shaking the last few drips of liquid explosives down the storm drain when his other craving hit.  Making big bangs could wait a few minutes while he took a smoke break.  And besides, the cigarette flame would double as a fuse, delaying the blast just long enough to get out of the way.  He flipped open his cigarette case, pulled out a lighter, and was just about to take a pull when someone charged him and dove into a tackle.

----

Jack Ericson didn't know what manner of chemicals were in that jug, but he could smell them across the street.  They definitely shouldn't have been dumped like that.  And when the anonymous dumper pulled out a lighter, he assumed the worst.  He lunged for the lighter… and missed.  Dan's own inhuman reflexes kicked in.  He twisted out of the way and broke into a run.  Jack got a few swings in on the way by, striking Dan hard enough to tear his shirt off, crack a rib and leave a few bloody dents.  But Dan wouldn't go down so easily; despite the pain, he managed to keep slightly ahead of the furious Jack.

----

Grapevine was chatting up a couple of soccer moms outside Blackwood Elementary when the chase entered her range.  She feigned a glance at her watch - look at the time, I have errands to run - and retrieved her bicycle.  She caught up with them at the entrance to Signal park.  The pursuer was obviously steamed about something, his prey was badly hurt.  She dismounted, rolled up her sleeves, and prepared to jump in the middle…

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

Learn More About
Aschalini 'Grapevine' Khazanid
Origination: Mental
Alignment: Hero
Team: The Sentinels of Liberty and Justice

Jack Ericson
Origination: Normal
Alignment: Hero
Team: Solo Hero

#3 MikeEB

MikeEB

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

In case I didn't make it clear, Detonator Dan is a noncombattant; he scrams about two seconds into the fight and has no further effect on it.

#4 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

Even I'm not voting for Jack here.

#5 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators