#1 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

Round 1 (SWAT Tactical): Combatants armed with dragonskin ceramic armor, AA-12 automatic shotgun, MP5k submachine gun, grenades, claymore mines, and C4 for tactical battlefield restructuring. Deathstroke does not have an enhanced healing factor. Fight takes place in an office building, tight hallways, lots of cover.

Round 2 (Sniper Showdown): Spread out across a 3 square mile ravine, it's desert with brush foliage. Armoring has desert camo pattern. Combatants have a .50 Barret and a M9 Beretta. Both are in desert camo. Combatants not aware of any other combatant's specific position, only general area (lets say within 500 sq. yards, so it gives them a lot of wiggle room). Survival conditions limited-- no food or water, no protection from extreme heat/cold. Barret and M9 each only have 2 magazines of ammunition. No winner if combatants cannot find and kill each other within 2 weeks.

#2 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

Good fight. In a tactical situation for the first round I will go with Deathstroke because Slade's mind will give him the advantage over the others. Slade's mind is perfect for that type of combat and he has experience in that area to back it up like the rest of them. For the second battle I will go with Wesley Gibson because his aim is better then the rest and on a superhuman level. If not Wesley the other person I see winning the sniper round is Punisher with his experience and skills. Punisher in my opinion is a better sniper then Slade which is why he could win if Wesley doesn't and not Slade. I love Jason Todd and while he is my favorite out of all of them because I love the character I have him last for both rounds in making it.

#3 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

It's not only about aim. Not by a long shot. No pun intended.

#4 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

Deathstroke.  Both rounds.

First round, his superior physical, and especially mental, capabilities is a huge advantage, that the others are incapable of bridging.

In the second round, his enhanced physical capabilities means that the environment will have less of a negative effect on him.  His enhanced senses means that it will be easier for him to locate his opponents, and his Healing Factor, means that unless he gets hit with a kill shot(or possibly a highly severe injury, making him go feral), he will survive, with no negative effects, even if he gets hit.  Not to mention, again, his enhanced mental capabilities.

#5 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

Whoops, I meant to say that stroke doesn't have his healing factor for the sniper showdown either.

I think Punisher definitely has the experience edge in the first and second. Wesley definitely has the skill edge, he doesn't miss. Stroke is the fastest reflex wise probably, and he's smart. Whether he's smarter than Punisher is debatable though, feat wise.

#6 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

Im not going into a big debate but Deathstroke is easier superior mentally than Punisher.

#7 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

How? By taking on the JLA? Punisher took on the Avengers and outmaneuvered them. The Avengers who have a lot more brain power than the JLA roster Stroke took on. And he did it plausibly. As in, Green Lantern didn't forget about his powers and Flash didn't forget he can react faster than Stroke can draw a sword.

#8 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

Wesley from the comic or the crappy movie?

#9 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

Comic.

#10 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:02 AM

I think Punisher definitely has the experience edge in the first and second.

Well, you think wrong, fairly basic research would have shown you that Deathstroke has been active longer, which ensures more experience.

Punisher started his career in the Vietnam war, though the date at which he entered the conflict is uncertain.
The earliest specific date we have for his involvement, is 1971, which is at an event that takes place after he's been stationed there for an uncertain amount of time.
Though since we know the date for when the Vietnam war was active/started (1 November 1955), we have a pretty good idea of the kind of time span he could've been there before this event. ('55 -'71)

Deathstroke on the other hand, started his career with a tour in Korea.
While there aren't any details given on what that entailed, further details given in his background story ensures that it isn't a very large leap to conclude that his tour was during the Korean war.
The experience edge is uncertain, ranging from somewhere between 5-6 years, and 1-2 years, but Deathstroke most certainly has the experience edge.

As for the match itself.

Round one: Deathstroke takes it easily, considering his skills and powers, he is easily capable of locating the others before they locate him, and take them out.

Round two: I'm somewhat torn, it's a toss up between Gibson and Deathstroke.
If Gibson spots any of the others, or if they shoot at Gibson and miss, they're dead, end of story.
However as Methos pointed out, even without his healing factor, Deathstroke is able to withstand the extreme conditions without any negative effect for far longer than the others, and his senses ensures that his chances of spotting the others are much higher, which generally puts him in a superior position.

#11 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

Not really. Being active longer definitely does not ensure you have more experience in certain situations. Look at what Punisher does on a daily basis in his series. It's basically Situation 1 with few variances. Look at what Stroke does, he gets into sword fights with Robin or something similar, he's an assassin not a soldier. He's not in this environment on a day-to-day basis, so even if he's been exposed to it in Korea, his fighting style has adapted and changed since then. I'm putting him in a special operations environment which he hasn't been exposed to that often ever since he became Deathstroke.

#12 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

Not really. Being active longer definitely does not ensure you have more experience in certain situations. Look at what Punisher does on a daily basis in his series. It's basically Situation 1 with few variances. Look at what Stroke does, he gets into sword fights with Robin or something similar, he's an assassin not a soldier. He's not in this environment on a day-to-day basis, so even if he's been exposed to it in Korea, his fighting style has adapted and changed since then. I'm putting him in a special operations environment which he hasn't been exposed to that often ever since he became Deathstroke.

Except his specialized training by the military and his stent in Team 7.  Then add in him taking on entire small armies head on as Deathstroke and he definitely has the experience.

#13 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

Yeah, a whole lot experience with team 7, all one of those missions they went (where slade was freaking possessed half of the time). And, as far as I know, he has little to no sniper experience, even in Korea. Could be wrong about that, but as I remember, he was an upfront, slice-and-dice kind of guy. And what small armies are you referring to?

#14 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

Yeah, a whole lot experience with team 7, all one of those missions they went (where slade was freaking possessed half of the time). And, as far as I know, he has little to no sniper experience, even in Korea. Could be wrong about that, but as I remember, he was an upfront, slice-and-dice kind of guy. And what small armies are you referring to?

The entire Deathstroke series.  Also Team 7 had many missions not in there limited series that are referred to in other comics.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Force Echo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users