• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

Before Michael Bay's Transformers. Before Pacific Rim.. There was a B-Movie classic which featured gian robots before the advent of CGI was pioneered to create these awesome special effects. This was a movie called Robot Jox.

The entire movie can be watched here.

Enjoy.

-Rakai'Thwei

#2 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:09 AM

This is actually a cool movie, bought it a few years ago on DVD because I remember watching it when I was little. It's like G Gundam but way better.

#3 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

This is actually a cool movie, bought it a few years ago on DVD because I remember watching it when I was little. It's like G Gundam but way better.

I remember watching this movie when I was... maybe four or five. It was one of those movies that had really turned me into a science fiction fan and gave me a love for giant robots.

-Rakai'Thwei

#4 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

I remember watching this movie when I was... maybe four or five. It was one of those movies that had really turned me into a science fiction fan and gave me a love for giant robots.

-Rakai'Thwei

I remember I saw it one weekend while we were barbecuing as my aunt, uncle and cousins were staying the weekend with us. I also distinctly remember I saw it on a Saturday when my dad saw it on TV (or maybe my cousins had brought it with them, I don't remember that much). I had a toy of one of the giant mechs, I think it was the one the main bad guy uses at the end.

#5 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:01 AM

I remember I saw it one weekend while we were barbecuing as my aunt, uncle and cousins were staying the weekend with us. I also distinctly remember I saw it on a Saturday when my dad saw it on TV (or maybe my cousins had brought it with them, I don't remember that much). I had a toy of one of the giant mechs, I think it was the one the main bad guy uses at the end.

Whoah whoah whoah!

This movie actually had merchandising?

I did a Google Image search on the Market sponsored robot, the Matsumoto-14 and I saw a model of it which was distrubuted in Japan. They actually had toys of this in the US during when the movie came out?

-Rakai'Thwei

#6 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:09 AM

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

I LOVED THAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!

#7 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:07 AM

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

I LOVED THAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it's a good movie!

.....Someone needs to add the pilots and the mechs to the database.

-Rakai'Thwei

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users