#1 Kate Awesome Is Awesome

Kate Awesome Is Awesome

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:I like animoo, vidja games, moobies, bewks

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

So this is the second concept I'm working on for my all girl group, she delves into the mystical and the occult. I kind of like hashing out these ideas on the fly and getting the instant feedback, so you might see the whole team flesh out on these forums.

Name
The Amazing Shoshanna

Alignment: Villain

Character Biography

The reaction from the crowd is what I lived for. Even after hundreds of shows their emotions are what drive me to take the stage. The laughter as I spun my assistant around in mid air as the crowd laughed. I couldn't help but smile, it was all so entertaining as I decided to ham it up for the audience a bit.

"Now, my lovely assistant Bruce isn't exactly fond of heights, are you Bruce?"

Bruce was a large broad man, over six foot tall and yet he couldn't help but stammer "Please Shoshanna let me down!" He played up the act well though it did help that he was terrified of heights.

"First of all that's MISS Shoshanna to you, and audience should I let him down?"

Dead silence, the perfect set up as I smiled and yelled "or should I make him do some tricks?"

The ovation was deafening as I tapped my magic wands in the air a few times as three large hoops shot up from the ground and suspended themselves in mid air. "For my next trick I will guide my lovely assistance Bruce through these three rings using my powers of levitation."

The boos were audible as I pretended to act offended. Regulars, I love them, I love how they get into the whole act as I said "it seems SOME people were here for last night's performance. I guess guiding ol' Brucey here through a few rings is a little pedestrian. Danger is what you all crave? Well The Amazing Shoshanna is all but happy to oblige."

With a flick of my wand the rings suddenly burst into flames as I slowly guided Bruce through the three burning rings. I could hear Bruce scream in terror and to be honest we've done this trick so many times I can't even figure out if he's playing up the trick or is genuinely in fear for his life. My wand wavered in the air as I finally passed Bruce through the last ring, setting him down on his feet as the audience stood up and cheered.

Bruce and I took a bow as I looked out at the crowd "thank you, thank you, Bruce please take your leave as I prepare for the last trick of the night." The lights in the entire theater dimmed, a single spotlight illuminating myself as I pulled the top hat off of my head.

"For my final trick ladies and gentlemen I will pull a rabbit out of a hat." The crowd started to murmur, some hecklers even shouted out as I reached my hand deep down into my top hat. I felt around the empty space as I felt the pair of velvety ears. I tugged my arm out, only to see it pulled back, struggling as the crowd laughed.

"I got a big one here it seems." The crowd roared with laughter as I finally gave one last pull, the soft pink ears elicited a sentimental awww from the crowd that was suddenly wiped away by screams when the beast-like head with razor sharp teeth peeked out of the hat.

I dropped my top hat on the ground as the demonic lagomorph pulled its paws up and grabbed the brim of my hat, pulling itself up as it walked on its hind legs. It's roar was only beat by its stench as the spotlights turned red. The crowd screamed in fear as as I stood up the beast bunny, my wand waving as I screamed out "insidae!"

All of the sudden a large metal cage surrounded the monster rabbit as the lights switched from red to bright white. As on cue celebratory music rang through the sound system as the crowd cheered yet again. I took a quick bow as I said "see kids this is why you leave magic to the professionals. You never know what you'll..."

It happened quickly. The demonic rabbit swiped his claw through the opening in the cage as his razor sharp claw slide me in half across my waist. I watched my legs give way as the upper half of my body fell to the ground. My eyes scanned the crowd, the people grabbing their phones calling the ambulance. My assistants pulling the cage off stage as I let the moment linger for a while. Fear, I was drinking it all in as its taste was absolutely addictive. I knew though I had to let off the ruse soon.

Turning my head to the crowd I opened my eyes and said out loud "Hold on!"

Using my arms I slowly crawled toward my legs as I reached out for them, turning my body as I tried to re affix my lower half to match my waist. I pulled them up into me as I said to the crowd "this is always the tricky part."

I screamed as I felt the halves of my body fuse together. Wriggling my toes to make sure everything was fit properly I stood up as I was greeted with further ovation. "Thank you, I couldn't let myself go to pieces! I have paying customers for a show tomorrow!" I let the applause continue as I said "you've been a great audience! Have a good night and let the magic touch you!"

As the lights turned off, the crowds left and I exited the stage Bruce came up to me as he usually did after each show.

"Shoshanna can we talk about the flying trick. Like I trust you and all..."

I shoved my hand right in Bruce's face as I said "not right after the show you know this is me time." I Quickly dived into my private dressing room as I locked the door behind me. Having your own show in Vegas definitely has its bonuses. For one you got a place to yourself to get ready in that's bigger then most of the condos in the damn city. I walked to the open foyer area as I out lined in grounded lime stone a large set of intricate triangles. Pentagrams can only get you so far, you really need to study your ancient Egyptian arithmetic if you want to communicate with anything other then Hades.

When I was done I walked over to my own personal bird enclosure where my dozen white doves flew around. Reaching in and pulling one out as I cupped him in my hand I walked to the center of my symbol as I muttered "Vocat ad ostium mundos alios!" Snapping the bird's neck as I let the blood drip into the middle of my glyph as the lights went out, coming back on to reveal the dark portal that stood in front of me.

As I waited I watched as the figure in the distance slowly moved towards the tear in reality. Her face changed from that of a beautiful women to an empty skull ripped of all skin and flesh as it shifted its hand across the air and raised it up, a pillar of oozing black stone erecting itself as it sat down. I shouted "cathedra" as a large plush chair appeared behind me, sitting down and looking at my visitor.

"I take it you enjoyed the show mother?" I asked.

Personality

"It must be very boring out on the Psychic Plane if you're watching my little magic shows."

"Is there something wrong with a mother taking an interest in her daughter's profession? You seem to have a knack for it. You really take after your father you know. He was nothing more than a cheap conjurer but his flair for the dramatic, well, it did attract me didn't it? How is your father doing."

"Enjoying his retirement, critiquing my act and missing you. You should really visit him sometime."

"My little imp, the affairs between men and women and demons and mortals are always complicated. Imagine combining them together and you would realize why it is not easy for your father and I to just have a conversation. But do tell him I miss him dearly too. For all their power and prestige the men of this plane have always been dreadfully dull. Speaking of men, how are you doing on that front? Your new assistant is pretty well built as far as humans go."

I blushed as I said "strictly professional mother."

"Well i would set you up with a fine demon boy if bringing you to this plane wouldn't absolutely scramble your brains." My mother tossed back her head and laughed as I sat there nervous. I had always wished to go the Psychic Plane but even half demons had a hard time dealing with the intense mental trauma that can be experienced there.

"Mom I didn't summon you just to catch up."

"I know sweetheart, but one it's nice to just chat every once in a while. And two you know you can't hide anything from me. I made off well in the mortal with my knack for reading people till I was exorcised to this plane. So spit it out child."

"Well, the cravings. It's getting worse. You saw what I had to do today to conjure enough fear to feed off of. And I don't think this will last me for very long. I thought that doing the whole magical act like dad did would help but it's getting worse."

My mother sighed as she said "I told you, a little fear from each person is not the same as absolute terror. I blame my father for this and his lineage of terror feasters. Lust, lies, those things come easy but fear? Mortals fight it so much it's hard to get it in genuine quantities."

"So mother, what do you suggest?"

She tapped along her jaw for a moment before she looked at me and asked "have you ever considered getting a part time job?"

#2 Nihlium

Nihlium

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:Those things.You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, all of that stuff.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

A few missing words and some grammatical & punctuation problems but all in all I can't wait for the next parts.

This reminds me of a character I'm working on, I'm gonna have to change up some stuff.

#3 Nihlium

Nihlium

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:Those things.You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, all of that stuff.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

What happened to this one? I was kinda anticipating her arrival into the Wicked garden.

#4 Kate Awesome Is Awesome

Kate Awesome Is Awesome

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:I like animoo, vidja games, moobies, bewks

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

LOL I kind of killed her off at the concept level. Couldn't get the powers to work in a way i wanted and i decided to make the Wicked garden more street and less fantastical. She may show up eventually thought in some other form.

#5 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

I'm going to have to agree with Darkender. You guys kick out characters faster than I can read them. This is good though. FPL needed the kick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users