#81 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

The only people he flamed were fictional characters. If that constitutes flaming, half of this site, including me, would have been banned looooonnnnnggg ago. He didn't flame anyone.

#82 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

The only people he flamed were fictional characters. If that constitutes flaming, half of this site, including me, would have been banned looooonnnnnggg ago. He didn't flame anyone.

Not quite true. I believe he called me a disabled person who pooed their wheelchair. Those are the nice words for it. While I don't really care what someone calls me on an internet forum, he was just flaming.

#83 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

Must've edited it or something, cause I'm not seeing it. As for the topic, I'll go witht he consesus here and say that Spidey wins this one.

#84 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

He basically trolled in how he debated, ignored valid points, did levy insults in other threads (Check out T-850 vs. T-1000 vs. TX), and kept insinuating he was in the right despite being blatantly incorrect and took it offensively when others disagreed, going as far as to eventually treat you like an imbecile and cry about why he is right and how people were siding with others against him because they were brainwashed and some such before he got suspended then the multiple accounts is what got him banned.

So yes, quite a valid because many of us don't do that.

#85 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

Must've edited it or something, cause I'm not seeing it.

Bingo. Much of what "TERMINATOR-FAN" said didn't need to remain out on the forums, so now it's vanished. Back on topic.

#86 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

I believe we're supposed to be discussing Spidey vs Batman Beyond Bruce, both with prep. Definitely tightens up the contest. Batman with prep is easily a global level threat. The guy can take out the league with relative ease as long as he's able to put plans into action.

#87 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

They still can't cure cancer though.

Also, trolling isn't against the rules, it was wrong to suspend Terminator.

Actually if I remembered correctly Lex Luthor made the cure for cancer. He didn't give it out because of the public's love for Superman which angered him.

#88 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

I was mainly talking about Reed Richards, but that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

#89 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

I was mainly talking about Reed Richards, but that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

It was in a Superman story. Lex's hatred of Superman and his anger at the public for not seeing Superman the way he did kept him from ever letting the public know he had the cure for cancer. He destroyed it. If I could remember the issue or story arc it was in I would let tell you because it was very interesting.

#90 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:24 AM

After some more thought, while Spider-Man is probably more intelligent than Batman Iq wise, I think that Batman's strategic and tactical brilliance would allow him to take down Spider-Man with prep. He could make it so webbing wouldn't stick to his armor, neutralize spider-sense somehow, ect.

#91 Xenerack5

Xenerack5

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, tv, movies, the rest of the internet and cracking of the wise.

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

Spider-man was able to nutralise the armies of Alistair Smythe and the jackel while thinking on his feet. With a weeks worth of prep and the resources of Horizon labs he can match Batman anything Batman can lay down. 

On the cancer note I imagine Lex could make more money treating people slowly rather than coming out with a miraculous cure. I believe that is why in Marvel the west has yet to adopt the Wakandan cancer cure. The problem with having such a selection of super geniuses is you wonder why they cant fix all the worlds problems. One answer is the price of the technology they make, another is that most companies don't all want these miraculous feats of science leaving them obselete and so presumably work to halt their production. Another is that with constant retcons and just the way time is treated in comics that the characters are always stuck in the same period of time which goes on for a few years and then restarts itself, the gap between invention and release is never reached.    

#92 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

Spider-man was able to nutralise the armies of Alistair Smythe and the jackel while thinking on his feet. With a weeks worth of prep and the resources of Horizon labs he can match Batman anything Batman can lay down. 

On the cancer note I imagine Lex could make more money treating people slowly rather than coming out with a miraculous cure. I believe that is why in Marvel the west has yet to adopt the Wakandan cancer cure. The problem with having such a selection of super geniuses is you wonder why they cant fix all the worlds problems. One answer is the price of the technology they make, another is that most companies don't all want these miraculous feats of science leaving them obselete and so presumably work to halt their production. Another is that with constant retcons and just the way time is treated in comics that the characters are always stuck in the same period of time which goes on for a few years and then restarts itself, the gap between invention and release is never reached.    

Batman has more resources than Horizon labs for sure. And Batman saved the Justice League from White Martians. Also, Batman War Games is a good read.

#93 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

With a week before their fight, would Batman be able to find out what Spider-Man is doing to prepare? The ultimate detective could come to the fight ready for everything Spider-Man made.

#94 megarock58

megarock58

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • Interests:PC gaming
    comics
    Marvel Films
    Star Wars

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

what version of Spider-man are talking about? 

Amazing or Superior?

#95 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

The truthiness will set you free

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

I don't know? Come up with a scenario for both, maybe? Sorry, I don't really know the difference

#96 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

I don't know? Come up with a scenario for both, maybe? Sorry, I don't really know the difference

Amazing is Peter Parker, and Superior is Doc Ock in Peter's body.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users