3 replies to this topic

#1 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

Previously: Kazuma Yagami was hired to retrieve a magical item. Another group was also after the item and Kazuma battled David Rice for claiming rights.

There was no way that David could get through Kazuma’s wind defenses. He could only take what he had come for and teleport far, far away.

Unable to follow, Kazuma could only go back to the people that hired him and report his failure.

“You’ve got to take it from them.” Said his employer. “And it looks like you’ll need back up.”

Offended, Kazuma kept his emotions in check.

“The guy can teleport! He just snatched it and ran away! If he had been trying to take me out, it would have been a different story! When I find them again, they won’t be trying to get away!”

“But knowing that someone like you is involved, they’ll know to have very strong security. I’ve hired a team to assist you.”

The group entered. Five men and one woman.

“Who are these chumps?” Kazuma asked.

“This is a Special Response Unit from Mithril. They should pack the punch in back up power that you’ll probably need.”

A few introductions and a briefing and the operation was underway.

The Mithril guys didn’t look like much to Kazuma but when he saw the mecha that they piloted, he had a little more confidence in their ability to back him up. Key phrase was ‘a little bit’.

“Point man, this is Urzu One.” That was Clouseau, the leader. “We’ve got you covered. Whenever you’re ready.”

Annoyed at the military discipline, Kazuma didn’t bother responding. He simply created gale of wind that blew the roof off of the target building.       

The inhabitance scurried, but it wasn’t in panic. Although Kazuma’s attack was a surprise, they seemed to merely go into emergency procedures.

As per the plan, two Mithril armed-slave mechs showed themselves, indicating that the site was surrounded. In response, the suspects unleashed defensive measures. This came in the form of super beings.

Clouseau recognized them. “Heads up people! That’s the Winter Guard! Russia’s super team!”

“Aren’t they hero’s?” Melissa Mao wondered.

“They’ve got our package and they’re attacking!” Clouseau argued. “If there’s a misunderstanding, we can sort it out after we put them down!”

“Sounds like a plan!” Kirts Webber voice was tight as he watched one of them flying toward his A.S.

Fight Parameters

Subdue on both sides. Knock out or surrender.

The Winter Guard consists of:

Darkstar – who controls the darkforce (kind of like a Green Lantern only its blackness instead of green light energy)

Vanguard- who carries a hammer and a sickle that reverts concussive force back to its user

Titanium Man- basically a Russian Iron Man

And Crimson Dynamo – basically another Russian Iron Man

The Mithril special response team consists of Clouseau, Webber, Mao, Sousuke Sagara (in Arbalest with functioning Lambda Driver), and another unnamed person. All piloting AS (armed-slave mecha)

Note: Kazuma is in the fight but he’ll have his own match (gotta build these guys records).

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

Learn More About
Mithril
Read more about Mithril at Wikipedia
Official Site: Tokyopop Links: Wikipedia fullmetalpanicwikia Wapedia.mobi

Winter Guard
Read more about Winter Guard at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Links: Wikipedia Marvel Wikia Marvel Universe

#3 JohnnyChany

JohnnyChany

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

Huzzah, Darkstar is in a match. Even if it is as part of the Winter Guard. I added her to the database because I thought she was interesting just from her one cameo in the old X-Men cartoon. However, I have been unable to come up with a decent fight for her.

As to your match, I will have to research Mithril before I can make an informed choice.

Editing note: It should be heroes not hero's. I usually don't look at grammar unless someone asks me to or if it is glaring, but the plural vs. possession thing has always jumped out at me. 

#4 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

I liked Darkstar from her appearance in the original Contest of Champions.

#5 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
JohnnyChany gives it a grade of: B
SCORE
Mithril: 4