74 replies to this topic

#61 MikeEB

MikeEB

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

It would be nice in general to be able to reorder powers from the descriptions page.  But I understand that's a lot of implementation headache.

#62 Updatedude

Updatedude

Don't feed him after midnight

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

I have no idea what y'all are talking about. You realize, you can organize powers already right? Just plan out your characters.

The way I see it, people just don't want their character's Weakness prominently displayed at the top. But to that I say, "Too bad, it's a weakness". You get 4 points from it and in all likelihood, you'll never encounter someone who can take advantage of your weakness because in all likelihood, you'll choose a rare power that no one takes for said weakness.

The only thing that might possibly break your narrative is having to write about attributes first. And even then, not really.

As writers, we work with what we have. We work around the system or even use it to our advantage.

So I say, there's no need for extra coding in regards to that. If we take a Weakness, we'll have to live with it. If we REALLY need to describe the character's Charisma at the end rather than up top, then we just won't take the charisma stat and take an actual power like Emotion Control or something. It's just a matter of planning the structure of your character rather than creating willy nilly.

#63 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

Ordering powers isn't a big deal. It'll only take a few seconds to reorganize them, and as long as you have the text in another form other than the character sheet it's a simple copy and paste job.

I would still like to be able to put attributes into the character sheet in a spot of my choosing. I don't know if it will be a problem, but I'd hate to see a story lose its flow in order to explain strength at the very top.

#64 Nihlium

Nihlium

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:Those things.You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, all of that stuff.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

I have no idea what y'all are talking about. You realize, you can organize powers already right? Just plan out your characters.

The way I see it, people just don't want their character's Weakness prominently displayed at the top. But to that I say, "Too bad, it's a weakness". You get 4 points from it and in all likelihood, you'll never encounter someone who can take advantage of your weakness because in all likelihood, you'll choose a rare power that no one takes for said weakness.

The only thing that might possibly break your narrative is having to write about attributes first. And even then, not really.

As writers, we work with what we have. We work around the system or even use it to our advantage.

So I say, there's no need for extra coding in regards to that. If we take a Weakness, we'll have to live with it. If we REALLY need to describe the character's Charisma at the end rather than up top, then we just won't take the charisma stat and take an actual power like Emotion Control or something. It's just a matter of planning the structure of your character rather than creating willy nilly.

The problem isn't that the characters weakness will be one of the first things seen (for me at least). I just prefer to be able to choose if I want it to be first, second, third or dead last depending on the way the character is written (points for me rarely matter). Same thing goes for the attributes. When push comes to shove we will have to adjust to what ever is done. As I said before, if it is going to unnecessarily add to the work-load then it doesn't need to be done.

#65 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

Yeah, there's no need to do extra coding just to organize power descriptions. Background --> Personality --> Weakness --> Stats --> Powers or whatever other set order works fine for me.

I'd like to see all powers have the option to buy modifiers. It'll allow for all sorts of crazy usage.

Most of the powers I'd like to see added are ones that used to be in the FPL and didn't get transfered over into this build:

Empathy (Mental) - Could be covered by Telepathy, but seems different enough

Bio-Vampire (Physical)

Psychic Vampire (Mental)

Self-Duplication (Transformation) - Could be covered by Creation or Minion power, but seems different enough

Disease (Energy) - Could be covered by Poison or Decay, but seems different enough

Berserker (Physical)

Binding (Physical)

#66 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

Berserker or some kind of general Augmentation Physical Power would be grand.

#67 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

OK, I'll put in the powers mentioned and Advantage Options.

If you want to use any of those things in a character you might want to hold off creating it for a couple days.

#68 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

OK, I'll put in the powers mentioned and Advantage Options.

If you want to use any of those things in a character you might want to hold off creating it for a couple days.

Thanks Fox. I know it's probably a lot of work, and it doesn't go unappreciated.

#69 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

Bio-Vamp and Psychic-Vamp are subcategories of Mythic Physiology.  Mythic Physiology is the catch-all for vampires, werewolves, genies, various undead, Minotaurs, Elves, Faries... you get the picture.

Use the sub-category listing on the Wiki Page, find the one that is appropriate for you and go with it.

#70 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

I believe I am done with the Character Creator at this point.  Unless some bug is found, I do not plan on putting any further work into it for now.

Some powers were added from the suggestions.  The new Creator actually has more powers available than the old one.

Travel powers cost less, now.

All powers (non-attributes) have advantages that can be tacked on to them.

Thanks!

#71 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

Just as minor point of note, I noticed some disagreement between the ability levels as stated on the sidebar and on the actual power section. For my new character Dinas, the side bar on the left stated her agility at supreme (what I put in as it's value) but the power section listed it as Ultimate (one level above it's stated value). I'll check a few of the other new characters to see if this is just me or what,  

Never mind it only showed up on my preview screen, it's fine now that I submitted. 

#72 MikeEB

MikeEB

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

The 'save a match for up to 3 hours' from the match creator doesn't seem to work right.  It kicks me to an 'action suceeded' screen.  There's no option to finish the match without waiting for it to expire.

#73 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

The 'save a match for up to 3 hours' from the match creator doesn't seem to work right.  It kicks me to an 'action suceeded' screen.  There's no option to finish the match without waiting for it to expire.

Saved matches are available to view in your control panel main screen.

#74 Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:I like reading comics, watching movies, and doing other teenage activities. Football rules.

Star Wars is on my list of favorite movies, along with Matrix and Independence Day.

I am learning to write comic scripts. My goal in life is to become a comic writer for Marvel Comics.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Was the cold power removed on purpose or just missed?

#75 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

Was the cold power removed on purpose or just missed?

Use the Thermal Control power

Thermal Control is just making things Cold.

Thermal Control + Water = making Ice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users