#1 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

Hi all

In your control panel you should be able to access the character creator.  It's kind of a Beta, but in theory it works.

Anyways, if you play around with it, please post any bugs or issues you have with it here.

(The other FPL buttons in the control panel are removed for the moment - work to do on stuff).

Thanks!

#2 Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:I like reading comics, watching movies, and doing other teenage activities. Football rules.

Star Wars is on my list of favorite movies, along with Matrix and Independence Day.

I am learning to write comic scripts. My goal in life is to become a comic writer for Marvel Comics.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

All Right! Now I can get back to work on Virginia Richards.

#3 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

Well it definitely looks slicker, and I like the addition of disadvantages. Still I noticed a few things as I was browsing, most notably that Equipment powers didn't seem to make the cut. Also I'm not sure I saw marksmanship or binding.

Also, the 'spirit' section says: "The characters Wisdom and Willpower". Did you mean characteristics of willpower and wisdom? For the role playing newbs out there, (like me), I think the difference between wisdom and int should be clear or else they will, (I will), get them mixed up. 

The only other thing I noticed was that on the front page where it says 'you can spend x amount of points', I think it says 21 and not 24. I'll double check.    Nope, I can make 21 characters. That makes more sense. Never mind this. 

Still though, the main thing I feel right now is happy. The level-less system is going to be so awesomely free and allow so many new possibilities that my head might explo-- 

#4 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

Well it definitely looks slicker, and I like the addition of disadvantages. Still I noticed a few things as I was browsing, most notably that Equipment powers didn't seem to make the cut. Also I'm not sure I saw marksmanship or binding.

Also, the 'spirit' section says: "The characters Wisdom and Willpower". Did you mean characteristics of willpower and wisdom? For the role playing newbs out there, (like me), I think the difference between wisdom and int should be clear or else they will, (I will), get them mixed up. 

For Marksman, take the physical power Weapon Proficiency and define it as Marksman, or archery, or Axes, or whatever.

Weapon Proficiency has Advantages that can be taken on it, so it's just assumed the character has some basic weapon as described when taking it.

All the Equipment, Defense and Augmentation powers were rolled into the other categories.

Spirit is Wisdom and Willpower and ... yeah.  Spirit!

#5 Nihlium

Nihlium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:Those things.You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, all of that stuff.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

No add-ons can be applied telepathy (Might have been purposely done that way.). No equipment. On a side note, I so extremely exited that words can't explain it so gibberish will have to do. dsbweifeiuwfbiefuibfibufbibewi. 

#6 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

I don't even read comics.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

No add-ons can be applied telepathy (Might have been purposely done that way.). No equipment. On a side note, I so extremely exited that words can't explain it so gibberish will have to do. dsbweifeiuwfbiefuibfibufbibewi. 

I'm not having the telepathy problem.

I only see 4 kit options. Were there supposed to be more?

#7 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

I'm going to add a bit called Notes on certain powers to help people out with them in the future. 

Some of the powers listed link to the Top Level power in the Superpowers Wiki.  Take Mythic Physiology as an example.  When you take that power in the Creator the concept is you will describe which Mythical Physiology you have.  Like, say, you are a Vampire.  Or you are a werewolf.

Anyways, the Notes I will ad on some powers like that will help guide a person on what they need to do with it to narrow the Meta Power to their character.

#8 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

I'm not having the telepathy problem.

I only see 4 kit options. Were there supposed to be more?

Nope.  There are four big sets of powers.  Choose a kit for the power category you intend to spend the most points in, is kind of the concept.

#9 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

I'll probably decrease the cost of the travel powers, BTW.

#10 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

Nope.  There are four big sets of powers.  Choose a kit for the power category you intend to spend the most points in, is kind of the concept.

I see it. I had thought there was going to be another one for things like strength, but I see those have the same price as before.

#11 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

It seems like according to the power Gadgetry you don't need Marksman. Would this be an adequate substitution for piercing weapon and Marksman?

#12 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

There's still a weapon master skill. I assumed marksman is just thrown in there, since it seems weird to have a character who could nail a sniper shot from a half mile but doesn't know how to use a knife better than a common thug.

#13 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:05 PM

It seems like according to the power Gadgetry you don't need Marksman. Would this be an adequate substitution for piercing weapon and Marksman?

Some of the powers will probably require some feedback from people to nail down what they are all about.  And that could go into the forthcoming Notes section.

It also depends on how you describe it out for your character.  Like Gadgetry could be (not saying it is, but could be) something like deploying traps whereas if you want a Green Arrow then Weapon Master might serve your character concept better.

#14 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

I really just want a power akin to Piercing weapon. I'll look again, maybe I missed it.

#15 Nihlium

Nihlium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:Those things.You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, all of that stuff.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

I had the same problem with slashing weapon. Check out weapon proficiency 

#16 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

Hmm, I didn't even see that power. I'll check again.

#17 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:24 AM

Hmm, I didn't even see that power. I'll check again.

Weapons Master, yeah.  The advantages are on the power, which basically assumes if you are taking that then you have a weapon of the appropriate type.

There is no need to have a separate Marksman Skill and then dump points into a weapon.  Weapon Master is shorthand for saying you are a master and you have the weapon with you.  Same with Natural Weaponry which also has advantages on it.

I guess I should put Advantages on Hand-To-Hand also.

#18 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

Ranged hand to hand? Becki could take that. 

#19 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

Ranged hand to hand? Becki could take that. 

Finally finished reading her. I get that joke.

#20 Bergy_Berg

Bergy_Berg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:24 AM

Hmmm... is there any way that we could have it so that things like strength and endurance don't go first on a character sheet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users