7 replies to this topic

#1 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

Previously: Morpheus and Trinity were accidentally brought to the real world by the Cyber Shredder. They fought with Charlie Nash and White Tiger before coming to an understanding. Joining with Former President Thomas Whitmore’s organization, the two Matrix warriors took part in an assault force determined to take down the Cyber Shredder.

Meanwhile, Starscream took command of the Decepticons and decided to eliminate Soundwave, knowing that the bot was loyal to Megatron. Soundwave survived a battle with the Renegades of Gobatron and now seeks revenge against them for destroying several of his cassettes.

The following fight is the battle between Rinzler and John Preston.

Although Rinzler got the jump on him, John Preston recovered in time to keep from being taken out. Rinzler had been coming down on him with his disks and John rolled, holding on to his guns. Still laying down, he took aim, but Rinzler had leaped over him and was landing on the other side.

John, a master with the gun, didn’t bother firing. He didn’t waist bullets.

Out of punching range, Rinzler threw one of his disks again and then closed the distance. John avoided the temptation to shoot it out of the air, know that that was what Rinzler wanted- focus his attention on his first attack, a distraction, while he made the kill with his real, second attack.

Instead, John stayed down and aimed at the person of Runzler.

The black helmeted digital being spun with impressive speed and reached out of catch his returning disk. He was fast, but bullets were faster.

A shoulder hit knocked Rinzler off balance. John pressed his good fortune with two more shots, and his adversary fell.

The body vanished and John rejoined Morpheus.

“We’ve got him!” Morpheus repoted.

They had developed a program that would purge cyberspace of the Cyber Shredder. According to what Morpheus was saying the program succeeded.

Cyber Shredder knew that his destruction was coming. There was nowhere for him to escape to. Almost.

Although most of the civilization of Earth was confined to the planet, Terrans had found their way into space. Joining the United Federation of Planets as well as contact with dozens of other interstellar (as well as intergalactic and even trans-dimensional and trans-universal) civilizations gave them access to a grand diversity of computer systems.

Cyber Shredder latched himself onto one of the uncanny systems and barely survived extermination.

Soundwave was confused by the new signal he was receiving. He singled it out and was even more surprised by the sentient life form he found in cyberspace.

“Who are you?” Asked Soundwave, unsure if the sentient could hear him.

“I am The Shredder!”

Soundwave was pleased that they could communicate. That would make his questions easier to be answered. “How did you come to be?”

“I have no patience for you questions!” Cyber Shredder said dismissively. Then he asked a query of his own. “How do I get out of here!”

“There is no escape.” Soundwave informed him.

Cyber Shredder proved him wrong. Among the components of the Machine Empire’s equipment which Soundwave had take over after destroying King Mondo, Cyber Shredder found the means to fashion an avatar for his cyber presence to host itself in.

Soundwave watched silently as the body formed and adjusted to itself.

Once acclimated, Cyber Shredder focused on the Decpeticon.

“Now! For your reluctance to obey me, I will destroy you!”

Fight Parameters

Straight up fight

Generation 1 Soundwave

Cyber Shredder’s avatar body is the same size as Soundwave.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

Learn More About
Soundwave
Read more about Soundwave at Wikipedia
Official Site: Hasbro Links: Wikipedia Entry - Soundwave TFArchive - Soundwave Teletraan-1 - Soundwave

Cyber Shredder
Read more about Cyber Shredder at Wikipedia
Official Site: Mirage Studios Links: Wikipedia TMNTpedia Villains Wiki

#3 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

Probably Soundwave, but not easily. Unless Cyber Shredder has some secret super-power i'm not aware of i'm quite sure the Decepticon wins this, due to his superior firepower, years of experience and the durability of Duramantium. Shredder is obviously the more skilled combatant but that doesn't help much against an opponent like Soundwave.

#4 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Pretty good set-up, leroy. 

Cyber Shredder is the same size as Soundwave, but I doubt he'd be nearly as strong or durable. He might be able to keep Soundwave off-balance with his superior fighting skill, but I don't think Shredder could deal with one of the strongest Decepticons in a straight-up fight. Maybe he could hack into Soundwave's systems somehow. 

#5 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

Good setup but Soundwave is one of the dangerous Decepticons you don't want to mess with. Soundwave can disappear underground and dish out surprise attacks. He also has a lot of firepower and weapons to take out Cyber Shredder. I will go with him for sure. Cyber Shredder will put up a decent fight before Soundwave gets annoyed and opts to just unleash hell on him.

#6 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

Heh, I'm guessing you're talking about Soundwave from the live action/CGI films.

G1 Soundwave doesn't burrow underground. He transforms into a boombox and can give and receive all manner of broadcast signals, making him the ideal Decepticon Communications Officer. In robot mode, though, Soundwave was always one of the bigger and stronger "normal-sized" Transformers, and could also use different frequencies to attack or disorient enemies. He also had a concussion blaster and cassettes that could transform into human-sized mini-bots that could assist him in fighting (though I think those have already been destroyed in this arc). 

#7 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

Thanks for the comments everybody.

Soundwave is on his own here. Several of his cassetts have been destroyed in his fight with The Renegades, and the rest are busy elsewhere.

#8 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

Soundwave still definitely wins this, even without his little helpers. It's a good fight, but Shredder can't win it.

#9 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
Venom 2009 gives it a grade of: A
bigballerju gives it a grade of: B
DSkillz gives it a grade of: B Good blending of the Transformers and Foot Clan sections of your arc.
SCORE
Soundwave: 11
Cyber Shredder: 7
FPA: 3.3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Soundwave, Cyber Shredder, Transformers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users