• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

ww hulk is stronger if you count world breaker as ww hulk if not they are even.

lobo's best strength feat hurting superman hulk's best strength feat breaking a planet in half then pulling it back together.

superman's best strength feat at the time he fought lobo is pushing a moon.

Which Lobo fight are you referring too? 

#22 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

Actually in the new 52, Lobo did not get beat down at all.  He wrecked Slade, but the Nth metal armor allowed Slade to stay alive.  The thermite mines slowed down Lobo for a second but he immediately healed.  Slade led him to the bottom of a space ship and lured him into the blast of the engines.  This allowed Slade to escape.

#23 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

Which Lobo fight are you referring too? 

i was refering to superman man of steel number 30 lobo did pretty good but superman was clearly a little stronger and at that time if i remember his best feat was pushing the moon but i will reserch and make sure i am right.

#24 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Skadoosh. Hulk is as smart if not smarter than Lobo. Name me one thing that makes Lobo more intelligent!

No. He is not. See these:

Lol. Lobo, as a child, created and released a virus that completely wiped out the Czarnians aside from him. When questioned about this, he claimed it was part of a science project. There's more to characters than surface impressions - Lobo might come across as stupid, but he's actually quite intelligent when you think about it.

Lobo has beaten Supes and Supes can make Hulk look stupid in battle

Lobo is far, far smarter than Hulk, in every way. Banner might give Lobo a fun game of science, but Lobo is smarter even than him, let alone Hulk, in any form. Also, Lobo is definitely stronger than World War Hulk, by enough to win this, along with his superior intellect and experience.

ww hulk is stronger if you count world breaker as ww hulk if not they are even.

lobo's best strength feat hurting superman hulk's best strength feat breaking a planet in half then pulling it back together.

superman's best strength feat at the time he fought lobo is pushing a moon.

World War Hulk and Worldbreaker Hulk are two different Hulks, or stages of Hulk, but whatever you call it, they are not the same.

When did Hulk break a planet in half and then fix it?

#25 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

Incredible Hulks #634-635

No. He is not. See these:

Lobo is far, far smarter than Hulk, in every way. Banner might give Lobo a fun game of science, but Lobo is smarter even than him, let alone Hulk, in any form. Also, Lobo is definitely stronger than World War Hulk, by enough to win this, along with his superior intellect and experience.

World War Hulk and Worldbreaker Hulk are two different Hulks, or stages of Hulk, but whatever you call it, they are not the same.

When did Hulk break a planet in half and then fix it?

Incredible Hulks #634-635

#26 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't remember the entire Earth being shown to be broken in half and him fixing it. So that feat is up in the air and debatable. Also Post Crisis Superman has feats that surpass that easily. Lobo and Post Crisis Superman have fought multiple times.

#27 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

1. No, Lobo is not smarter than WWH. WWH has the intelligence of Banner. Lobo has never shown anything that puts him above Banner in terms of intelligence.   Either way, Lobo's intelligence is a moot point, since he never actually utilizes it in a fight.

2. Lobo probably starts out as being stronger, but that won't last very long, and WWH's durability and regen is more than enough to let him last long enough for the strength advantage to shift.

3. Lobo is a considerably more skilled fighter. But since Lobo never actually uses that skill, that's a moot point.

Lobo's standard M.O.  will just piss Hulk off.

#28 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

When was it shown or stated that World War Hulk has the intelligence of Banner?

#29 ViperKing

ViperKing

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Dc Comics

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

The New 52 confuses me a lot. I honestly think they should have just left it alone.

#30 Hastur

Hastur

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

Lol. Lobo, as a child, created and released a virus that completely wiped out the Czarnians aside from him. When questioned about this, he claimed it was part of a science project.

Has he ever demonstrated anything else indicative of his intelligence apart from a single event in his origin story?  To my mind, the whole thing says more about his ability/destiny as a natural-born killer than his intelligence.

#31 Sincere Poet

Sincere Poet

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

And I don't see how releasing a virus makes you intelligent in the first place. I mean I could go tell someone i'm going to cut them open as a dissection and call it a science project, that doesn't make me intelligent.

#32 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

And I don't see how releasing a virus makes you intelligent in the first place. I mean I could go tell someone i'm going to cut them open as a dissection and call it a science project, that doesn't make me intelligent.

The fact that he released the virus, is not what shows his intelligence. The fact that he created the virus is.

#33 Sincere Poet

Sincere Poet

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

Whoops, reading hard for I! :P

#34 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

I only remember WWH having Banner's memories. I don't remember the intelligence part myself.

#35 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

I only remember WWH having Banner's memories. I don't remember the intelligence part myself.

if he has banners memories then he has banners knowledge  if he has banner's knowledge then he has his intellect.

#36 Hastur

Hastur

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

He wasn't talking like Hulk usually does.  He seemed a minimum of human baseline in that regard, although since he wansn't doing anything else that required a huge amount of intelligence, it's not really possible to say where he was between baseline and Banner.

#37 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

Its actually been shown Hulk can have Banner's memories of what Banner has gone through but not his brilliant intelligence. Peter David was one of the writers who explored the mind of both of them a lot on his run. 

#38 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:32 AM

Even so, compared to Supes, Lobo was equal or slightly greater in strength.  That would make Lobo a great deal stronger than Hulk right off the bat.  That gap is sufficient enough that Lobo could KO or kill Hulk before Hulk had a chance to catch up.

Also while Hulk has a great healing factor, it doesnt compare to Lobo's.  He can heal from a drop of blood.

#39 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

Even so, compared to Supes, Lobo was equal or slightly greater in strength.  That would make Lobo a great deal stronger than Hulk right off the bat.  That gap is sufficient enough that Lobo could KO or kill Hulk before Hulk had a chance to catch up.

Also while Hulk has a great healing factor, it doesnt compare to Lobo's.  He can heal from a drop of blood.

lobo  isn't stronger then superman he did good until superman got frusterated then superman knocked him into space and there not realy equals he is like mmh wonder woman level which is strong enough to have good showings against superman  but when superman stops toying around he is much stronger than either of them hulk has better strength  feats then lobo wonder woman or martian so does superman infact lobo's best feat of strength is fighting superman but as for lifting weight and smashing things hulk has better showings superman and hulk are both plot devices in strength none of the other guys in either company have strength feats to match.

#40 El Wookiee

El Wookiee

Cannon Fodder

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

During Planet Hulk, Banner and the Hulk’s “psyches” merged. Banner knew he couldn‘t survive on planet Sakaar so he gave the Hulk part of his “mind“ to add in the survival of both. After they merged, it was implied that World War Hulk had Banner’s intelligence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users